Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Cedric Benson Cut

[size=13pt]Bye, bye Benson[/size]

June 9th, 2008 – 8:24 PM

by Judd Zulgad
    startribune.com

Two years ago the Chicago Bears appeared to have an embarrassment of riches at the running back position...

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Bye, bye Benson[/size]

June 9th, 2008 – 8:24 PM

by Judd Zulgad
    startribune.com
    It's always fun to read some of the comments..........

Lost Viking says:

June 9th, 2008 at 9:28 pm

Kubiak in Houston can’t believe his good luck. And the guy to fill his still vacant RB position is quite literally just down the street …still a litte wobbly perhaps but he’s right there staggering toward him.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

So what owner do you think is going to take a risk on a guy like this and welcome him into his team at the risk of feeling the wrath of the commish?

Me thinks you are gonna see more and more players who can't seem to conform to the league policies released of the next year or so as owners, regardless of how talented the kid is, are gonna let them hit the streets.

Maybe the "Win at all costs" mentality is come and gone.
    High character players will be the norm.

Wonder what this means for McKinnnie?

;D
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

HillsVike is offline Waterboy

"Marrdro" wrote:
    So what owner do you think is going to take a risk on a guy like this and welcome him into his team at the risk of feeling the wrath of the commish?

Me thinks you are gonna see more and more players who can't seem to conform to the league policies released of the next year or so as owners, regardless of how talented the kid is, are gonna let them hit the streets.

Maybe the "Win at all costs" mentality is come and gone.
    High character players will be the norm.

Wonder what this means for McKinnnie?

;D
    ;D
    I think this is going to be more of a case by case situation.
    What even more important is if the player learns from their mistakes.
    Look what was said about Allen.
    It appears he has his life in order but it can be a slippery slope.
    The past is the past and we all have made mistakes.
    It is how you grow from these mistakes that will determine if you are going to be in the league.
    The problem with Benson is never preformed to his potential.
    Maybe the so call "light" will come on and he will be smarter in the future or maybe not.
    With the league getting tougher on this type of behavior, all teams are going to need alot of private dectives to make sure the background and the stories these players are telling true (Oh I have change).

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I think behavior problems always hurt players, but if the player is elite there will
    always be a team that wants to sign them. If pacman jones can get signed then anyone can. Benson's biggest problem is that he sucks.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    I think behavior problems always hurt players, but if the player is elite there will
    always be a team that wants to sign them. If pacman jones can get signed then anyone can. Benson's biggest problem is that he sucks.
    Excellent point about talent level.
    I wonder though if a guy like Pacman can be signed and then goofs up an the team loses a draft pick or gets a significant fine, what will happen with the next one.

Case by case but at some point my guess is that turd points/issues will probably start to come to play with respect to elite talent vs risk.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

He was Talking Shinola about Management in Chicago before his first run-in with the law. The fact is The bears were just tired of him trashing their organization and his new off-filed issues.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Unfortuantly Benson does not get it. But I wonder if his release more to the fact that he keeps fucking up or is it the whole issue wright now of all of rthe players that are having issues and there is "less tolerence" issue right now that is out.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Garland" wrote:
    Unfortuantly Benson does not get it. But I wonder if his release more to the fact that he keeps fucking up or is it the whole issue wright now of all of rthe players that are having issues and there is "less tolerence" issue right now that is out.
    OR.... it could be the fact that he got two DUI's in the span of one month (2 weeks actually). I think most players would have been released after something like that, especially a crappy RB.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"C" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    Unfortuantly Benson does not get it. But I wonder if his release more to the fact that he keeps fricken up or is it the whole issue wright now of all of rthe players that are having issues and there is "less tolerence" issue right now that is out.
    OR.... it could be the fact that he got two DUI's in the span of one month (2 weeks actually). I think most players would have been released after something like that, especially a crappy RB.
    What Benson needs to 'get' is fucking clue.
    The guy is a social moron with no accountability for any of his actions.
    I was actually sympathetic to the whole boat issue because I can see how that could have taken a turn for the worst and him getting the shit end of this stick.
    But after reading about how he "Aced" the field sobriety tests after being pulled over in his car, Then refused the breathalyzer or blood tests, still maintaining his innocence after admitting to "2 or 3" drinks, I can see how he wound up getting pepper sprayed.
    I am not saying that he should or should not have been pepper sprayed and cuffed on his boat or that he was even guilty of drunk driving but I can see the other side of it now.

I mean the comments this guy makes sometimes are absurd.
    I don't think anyone on his team even likes him
    :

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast