Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: CBS, NBC, and NFLN to simulcast the Patriots-Giants game on Saturday!

"jdvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    Well it wasn't really a joke. If you have seen any of his NFL network broadcast(which you haven't but that didnt stop you from sticking your nose in) you would know how often he screws up on the names of players(he doesn't get the players names right so why should I bother?),calling the play by play...calling players like Frank Gore, Al Gore,calling Tony Romo Rick Romo etc.

His job is to get to know the ins and outs of players,(names included)off the field stories of that team he is covering for the week,so he can do his job better, and give us an entertaining product. He fails miserably at his job, a job im sure he is paid handsomely to perform.

An example of how bad he is at his job...one game he was talking about a paticular running back(the team and name escapes me at the moment) that was the heart and soul of the opposite team he was actually on,I mean here he is tooting the horn of a player and he cant even get the name of the team his is on right.

This is why I call him an idiot...its his job to get this stuff right, and he fails time and time again.
    I really couldn't care less what kind of education he has..he is still and idiot if he cant do his job correctly after doing it over and over and over.

Please excuse all the misspelled words and bad punctuations and poorly constructed sentences. we can't all be perfect.
    To be fair, most of the name problems were last year, not this year.
    But he is still hard to listen to.
    I do watch every NFLN game (although I realize you were directing those remarks at another member).
    Again, I wouldn't call him an idiot, but he is a lousy commentator.
    All of the goofs and gafaws I mentioned were from this year,I see no improvement,he doesn't get better at his job because he doesn't feel he needs to.

I would say the fact that he is still a lousy commentator after all this time,makes him an ..... (that word that I guess I'm not allowed to call him without being called names).

Im off this thread.
    OK, I looked it up and the RIck Romo gaff was this year. LOL.
    He also got the primary sponsor on the post game show wrong.

[youtube=425,350]gXEvticm15c[/youtube]
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"jdvike" wrote:
    So you havent seen any of his NFL network telecasts?...then be QUIET until you know what the hell you are talking about.
    Okay - I've now watched 3/4 of this game and have not found Gumble to be an idiot.
    I don't like his style, but I haven't heard any major gaffes or mis-identifications.
    He's much better, IMHO, than the majority of play-by-play guys on the regualr FOX and CBS crews.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Wow, what a great game, glad the Pats won.

Too bad they had Chris Collinsworth in the booth, what a joke.

Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    So you havent seen any of his NFL network telecasts?...then be QUIET until you know what the hell you are talking about.
    Okay - I've now watched 3/4 of this game and have not found Gumble to be an idiot.
    I don't like his style, but I haven't heard any major gaffes or mis-identifications.
    He's much better, IMHO, than the majority of play-by-play guys on the regualr FOX and CBS crews.

=Z=
    No major mistakes by Gumble today... but then again shouldn't that be the expected outcome?
    He did have on insert foot moment when he proclaimed that the patriots were leading the game when in fact they were down by 4.
    But overall not a bad performance by him.
    I am still not a big fan, and I honestly think NBC, ESPN, Fox and CBS all have better crews than this.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

"Schutz" wrote:
    Wow, what a great game, glad the Pats won.

Too bad they had Chris Collinsworth in the booth, what a joke.
    ???
    Collinsworth is better than his partner up there.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I get the NFL Network and have watched a lot of their games this year and believe me when I say Gumble was so far superior tonight than he usually is it was a different play-by-play announcer. It was light night and day difference. He must have studied a bit more than usual.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    No major mistakes by Gumble today... but then again shouldn't that be the expected outcome?
    He did have on insert foot moment when he proclaimed that the patriots were leading the game when in fact they were down by 4.
    I am still not a big fan, and I honestly think NBC, ESPN, Fox and CBS all have better crews than this.
    The top crews at FOX and CBS are better, for sure, but when you get to the Kenny Alberts of the world, then you're digging at the bottom of the broadcasting barrel and Gumble is better, IMHO.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    The top crews at FOX and CBS are better, for sure, but when you get to the Kenny Alberts of the world, then you're digging at the bottom of the broadcasting barrel and Gumble is better, IMHO.

=Z=
    True, but the NFLN is supposed to be the flagship of the NFL.
    IMHO they should at least be able to compete with the top crews from every other station.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Chris was good and Bumble stayed out of his way.
    A better job for sure.

Hey, how about a couple of those commericials.

I love the ones in the resturaunt.......
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234