Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: CBS, NBC, and NFLN to simulcast the Patriots-Giants game on Saturday!

Bringing this thread back into topic...

I don't think Gumble is an idiot by any means.
    In fact, calling him an "idiot, silly guy, no talent waste of space" is really immature, and rather baseless.
    But I honestly don't like Gumble as an announcer either.
    I don't know if it is his announcing style, or his Kermit the frog voice, or whatever... but I simply don't enjoy listening to him.
    I even like Madden better.

While I don't think having Gumble will hurt NFLN's chances of attracting new viewers, it certainly doesn't help.
    If they had a dynamic, enjoyable commentary crew instead I think they could have really cached in on this game.
    Hopefully
    THE NFLN can put together a decent broadcast to make up for the poor commentary.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=jdvike link=topic=40990.msg698649#msg698649 date=1198947719]
    Im not getting into any firefight with someone that talks out of turn (I havent seen any of his NFL network work) go pick on someone else almighty and powerful Z

This is why I rarely post on this site...if its not the negativity about the team...its someone with a holier than thou attitude (because he has more time to waste posting) calling me out for stupid pooh.

Im entitled to my opinion and my opinion is GUMBALL is an idiot, silly guy, no talent waste of space....deal with it!!
    You are not alone JD. I'm getting tired of it also.
    Ditto
    I see.
    Del Rio becomes a legend by being an obnoxious hard-hitting j~~~~~~s, but I'm somehow responsible for chasing people away from PPO?

Legions of crotch-sniffing Moss-lovers have done more to bring down this site than anything I've ever written.

=Z=

For the record.. I didn't see ANYTHING wrong with your post in here

But as for Del.. I almost left because of him.. I see so many simularities it's not even funny

And Ultra was rough on me one day.. But being the great guy he is he apologized

I would think you would man up and apologize sometimes
    Scroll up - you'll see that I did.

=Z=
    [/quote]

Yah thats one time.. Good job

V4L

Good for you Zeus!!!

Keep it up k?

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"V4L" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=40990.msg698664#msg698664 date=1198949723]
    [quote author=jdvike link=topic=40990.msg698649#msg698649 date=1198947719]
    Im not getting into any firefight with someone that talks out of turn (I havent seen any of his NFL network work) go pick on someone else almighty and powerful Z

This is why I rarely post on this site...if its not the negativity about the team...its someone with a holier than thou attitude (because he has more time to waste posting) calling me out for stupid pooh.

Im entitled to my opinion and my opinion is GUMBALL is an idiot, silly guy, no talent waste of space....deal with it!!
    You are not alone JD. I'm getting tired of it also.
    Ditto
    I see.
    Del Rio becomes a legend by being an obnoxious hard-hitting j~~~~~~s, but I'm somehow responsible for chasing people away from PPO?

Legions of crotch-sniffing Moss-lovers have done more to bring down this site than anything I've ever written.

=Z=

For the record.. I didn't see ANYTHING wrong with your post in here

But as for Del.. I almost left because of him.. I see so many simularities it's not even funny

And Ultra was rough on me one day.. But being the great guy he is he apologized

I would think you would man up and apologize sometimes
    Scroll up - you'll see that I did.
    [/quote]

Yah thats one time.. Good job
    [/quote]

No, that's one time you actually saw.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Not posting for fear of one person's responses out of 8000 members isn't really a serious argument to me.
    Just easy to say here when we are in an argument.
    I actually have complaints on both sides of the argument, but I will take any of my issues to PM instead of derailing a thread.
    (a hint, lol)

The other wonderful thing for the holidays is to remember I am here to mediate any issues.
    You got em, get me involved.
    Happy New Year!

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

"Zeus" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    Gumball is a tool for sure.
    I thought it was hilarous when he started callin Frank, Al Gore..everytime Frank got the ball I would scream run Al run.

Bryant Gumball is an idiot.
    Naming someone as an idiot while you misspell their name kinda makes you look like the fool, methinks.

In any case, Bryant Gumble is NOT an idiot.
    His "Real Sports" show on HBO is, perhaps, the finest regular sports show on television.
    Consistently insightful, hard-hitting and fascinating, it's must-see in my house.

I think he's out of his element in doing play-by-play, but, as I haven't seen any NFLN broadcasts, I will have to reserve judgement on that until after tonight's broadcast....assuming I watch it.
    I'm thinking about going to see the Wild play Edmonton at the X tonight.
    The misspell was on purpose the name is spelled corectly several times on this thread, so I DO know how to spell it correctly ...I just chose not to....and BTW isnt calling someone on their misspelled words a no no on this site?....not to mention the name calling?

So you havent seen any of his NFL network telecasts?...then be QUIET until you know what the hell you are talking about.

As for your comment on the Real Sports show...yes it is a good show.but GUMBALL is nothing more than a talking head...I admit he reads off a teleprompter real nice.
    Not liking someone's announcing style does not make that announcer an idiot.
    That was my point.

My apologies for not getting your joke.

=Z=
    Well it wasn't really a joke. If you have seen any of his NFL network broadcast(which you haven't but that didnt stop you from sticking your nose in) you would know how often he screws up on the names of players(he doesn't get the players names right so why should I bother?),calling the play by play...calling players like Frank Gore, Al Gore,calling Tony Romo Rick Romo etc.

His job is to get to know the ins and outs of players,(names included)off the field stories of that team he is covering for the week,so he can do his job better, and give us an entertaining product. He fails miserably at his job, a job im sure he is paid handsomely to perform.

An example of how bad he is at his job...one game he was talking about a paticular running back(the team and name escapes me at the moment) that was the heart and soul of the opposite team he was actually on,I mean here he is tooting the horn of a player and he cant even get the name of the team his is on right.

This is why I call him an idiot...its his job to get this stuff right, and he fails time and time again.
    I really couldn't care less what kind of education he has..he is still and idiot he cant do his job correctly after doing it over and over and over.

Please excuse all the misspelled words and bad punctuations and poorly constructed sentences. we can't all be perfect.

V4L

I've never liked him either

I think if it is the NFL NETWORK, you would at least get someone who knows their stuff about the NFL and the players

How are you gonna mess up on some of the biggest names in football?

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Bringing this thread back into topic...

I don't think Gumble is an idiot by any means.
    In fact, calling him an "idiot, silly guy, no talent waste of space" is really immature, and rather baseless
    But I honestly don't like Gumble as an announcer either.
    I don't know if it is his announcing style, or his Kermit the frog voice, or whatever... but I simply don't enjoy listening to him.
    I even like Madden better.

While I don't think having Gumble will hurt NFLN's chances of attracting new viewers, it certainly doesn't help.
    If they had a dynamic, enjoyable commentary crew instead I think they could have really cached in on this game.
    Hopefully
    THE NFLN can put together a decent broadcast to make up for the poor commentary.
    I apologize for all of that, it was just me reacting badly to being called a fool...He is IMO still an idiot for reasons stated on my previous post.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jdvike" wrote:
    Well it wasn't really a joke. If you have seen any of his NFL network broadcast(which you haven't but that didnt stop you from sticking your nose in) you would know how often he screws up on the names of players(he doesn't get the players names right so why should I bother?),calling the play by play...calling players like Frank Gore, Al Gore,calling Tony Romo Rick Romo etc.

His job is to get to know the ins and outs of players,(names included)off the field stories of that team he is covering for the week,so he can do his job better, and give us an entertaining product. He fails miserably at his job, a job im sure he is paid handsomely to perform.

An example of how bad he is at his job...one game he was talking about a paticular running back(the team and name escapes me at the moment) that was the heart and soul of the opposite team he was actually on,I mean here he is tooting the horn of a player and he cant even get the name of the team his is on right.

This is why I call him an idiot...its his job to get this stuff right, and he fails time and time again.
    I really couldn't care less what kind of education he has..he is still and idiot if he cant do his job correctly after doing it over and over and over.

Please excuse all the misspelled words and bad punctuations and poorly constructed sentences. we can't all be perfect.
    To be fair, most of the name problems were last year, not this year.
    But he is still hard to listen to.
    I do watch every NFLN game (although I realize you were directing those remarks at another member).
    Again, I wouldn't call him an idiot, but he is a lousy commentator.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:

I really couldn't care less what kind of education he has..he is still and idiot if he cant do his job correctly after doing it over and over and over.

To be fair, most of the name problems were last year, not this year.
    But he is still hard to listen to.
    I do watch every NFLN game (although I realize you were directing those remarks at another member).
    Again, I wouldn't call him an idiot, but he is a lousy commentator.
    All of the goofs and gafaws I mentioned were from this year,I see no improvement,he doesn't get better at his job because he doesn't feel he needs to.

I would say the fact that he is still a lousy commentator after all this time,makes him an ..... (that word that I guess I'm not allowed to call him without being called names).

Im off this thread.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast