Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,778
    Blog Entries
    4

    CBA deadline extended 7 days

    Sides to resume talks Monday as CBA deadline extended a week

    WASHINGTON -- The NFL Players Association and the league have agreed upon a seven-day extension of talks on a new collective bargaining agreement, one day after the sides agreed to a 24-hour extension of the expiration of the current CBA.

    Sides to resume talks Monday as CBA deadline extended a week
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  2. #2
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,579

    Re: CBA deadline extended 7 days

    Just delaying the lockout
    We're bringing purple back.

  3. #3
    ndnorseman is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    321

    Re: CBA deadline extended 7 days

    Actually, they may be making some progress, if they're willing to extend it another 7 days. From the sound of it, things were starting to get a little heated. If there was no hope, I doubt they'd even bother with an extension.

  4. #4
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: CBA deadline extended 7 days

    Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1090792
    Just delaying the lockout
    +1

    They've been talking about this for two years now & didn't really try to get anything done until the 12th hour.

    They won't solve it in 7 more days.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #5
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,778
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: CBA deadline extended 7 days

    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1090798
    Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1090792
    Just delaying the lockout
    +1

    They've been talking about this for two years now & didn't really try to get anything done until the 12th hour.

    They won't solve it in 7 more days.
    You never know maybe the fact that the deadline was upon them finally drove the point home to the teams -much like our own stadium issue :P
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    952

    Re: CBA deadline extended 7 days

    I have been thinking that there would assuredly be a lockout this whole offseason. I have moved my position on this now. The 7 day extension seems to be a willingness on both sides to get a deal in place. I believe that the terms of the offseason and the rules the NFL can run on in '11 season are whats being discussed and neither side wants a lockout now. I believe that they are understanding the fan unrest that could be caused. Whil much of this may just be posturing, I think that both sides will come to their senses and get a deal in place so no football is lost.


    Side Note/Thought:
    Someone else pointed out on a different thread the owners responsibility to repay municipalities in publicly funded stadiums, in the event of a work stoppage. Does anyone know what if any consequence they face in light of the current CBA? Seems to me that the league and the owners should be on the hook for those monies......

  7. #7
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: CBA deadline extended 7 days

    I'm betting they're also looking at what happened to the NHL after the lockout. It just hasn't been the same fan-support wise. it upsets fans and sponsors. And last I checked, without fans and sponsors, the leagues can't exist.

  8. #8
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: CBA deadline extended 7 days

    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1090938
    I'm betting they're also looking at what happened to the NHL after the lockout. It just hasn't been the same fan-support wise. it upsets fans and sponsors. And last I checked, without fans and sponsors, the leagues can't exist.
    Not to mention Baseball. Look at how they had to look the other way and let the guys juice up like drunken Sconnies to get the fans interested again after the strike.

  9. #9
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,278

    Re: CBA deadline extended 7 days

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1090940
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1090938
    I'm betting they're also looking at what happened to the NHL after the lockout. It just hasn't been the same fan-support wise. it upsets fans and sponsors. And last I checked, without fans and sponsors, the leagues can't exist.
    Not to mention Baseball. Look at how they had to look the other way and let the guys juice up like drunken Sconnies to get the fans interested again after the strike.
    And since everyone in the NFL is already using HGH that well is pretty much dried up. The only thing they will have to offer to get the fans back is topless cheerleaders. :P

  10. #10
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: CBA deadline extended 7 days

    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1090947
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1090940
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1090938
    I'm betting they're also looking at what happened to the NHL after the lockout. It just hasn't been the same fan-support wise. it upsets fans and sponsors. And last I checked, without fans and sponsors, the leagues can't exist.
    Not to mention Baseball. Look at how they had to look the other way and let the guys juice up like drunken Sconnies to get the fans interested again after the strike.
    And since everyone in the NFL is already using HGH that well is pretty much dried up. The only thing they will have to offer to get the fans back is topless cheerleaders. :P
    My god man that is BRILLIANT!:woohoo:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Extended Vikings Fan Base
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-14-2008, 01:26 PM
  2. America's Marines - Extended Version
    By Marrdro in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-18-2008, 01:40 PM
  3. Defensive ends impress in extended duty
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-12-2007, 03:22 AM
  4. Offer extended to Farwell
    By Zeus in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-23-2007, 12:21 PM
  5. **Deadline extended**
    By LuckyVike in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 03-08-2006, 07:39 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •