Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Was it a Catch?

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Was it a Catch?

When they catch it before the line.. And are running after they already established possesion

Megatron didn't to the ground.. It touched and he never brought it back.. Although I think we all know he had caught it and it touched and he dropped it off thinking it was a catch

But by rules he didn't have it all the way to the ground and maintain

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

V4L wrote:
    No it wasn't

Wasn't ruled initially, wasn't ruled afterwards

Had he just picked up the ball instead of gotten excited (don't blame him) he would have gotten it

The rules are the rules
    Actually it was ruled a catch and a TD by the ref right in front of the play. You can see him raise his hands to signal the TD on the replay. Then another ref came in, took over and changed the call.

Why is it that this can be done with no conversation between the two of them or with a third official before something is decided? Something is really wrong with the way they are doing it.

V4L

Purple Floyd wrote:
    V4L wrote:
    No it wasn't

Wasn't ruled initially, wasn't ruled afterwards

Had he just picked up the ball instead of gotten excited (don't blame him) he would have gotten it

The rules are the rules
    Actually it was ruled a catch and a TD by the ref right in front of the play. You can see him raise his hands to signal the TD on the replay. Then another ref came in, took over and changed the call.

Why is it that this can be done with no conversation between the two of them or with a third official before something is decided? Something is really wrong with the way they are doing it.

Ok im sorry the first guy said yes

Second and maybe more said no

And they challenged and it was upheld

And I agree.. Although we know he truely got it.. The rules are how they are.. Maybe they should be changed.. But by rules.. It is NOT a catch

TNViking is offline Starter

The rules are apparently being made more subjective so that refs can decide games. The conspiracy theory people are correct. The NFL is rigged.

Check out this COMPLETED pass in the Saints Superbowl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlHyGAw4ffY

V4L

TNViking wrote:
    The rules are apparently being made more subjective so that refs can decide games. The conspiracy theory people are correct. The NFL is rigged.

Child pleae

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

After watching an explanation of the rule, I'm convinced that rule is complete bull shit. The rule says

"If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball after he touches the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete. "

The part that threw me off was the bolded part. I don't get it. I guess the part that needs to be established is when is the play over? A play is over in the field of play when a player goes out of bounds, is tackled, or is touched while on the ground. When you are in the end zone, a play is over when you have possession beyond the plane. How long does Calvin need to hold on to the ball for it to be a TD? Could he lay there for five minutes holding the ball then put the ball on the ground it be called incomplete? He clearly has possession of the ball, its not like he ever loses possession of it.

The play should have been blown dead once he comes down with it in the end zone. I've seen so many people catch it in the endzone and not get touched and its called a TD as soon as he gets both feet in. Why is that any different than CJ coming down with the ball in the endzone? Not to mention his hand went out of bounds before the ball touched the ground. I think this whole thing is a crock of shit
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I'm sorry to say V4L, but your wrong, the ref closest to the CATCH, and I'll call that a CATCH, signaled TD instanly...He was then over ruled by the booth. Watch again, he instantly threw up his arms with the TD signal.

Lions got robbed, PERIOD.

But stated best above LMFAO

The Bears are who we thought they are, and we let them off the hook......LOL

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

V4L

No im not

He must maintain posession after it touches the ground.. He didn't

Rules are clear guys

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

TNViking wrote:

Thats just it, its all subjective to the ref. Ref's have TOO MUCH control of the game's outcome. This game means nothing to me, but it totally rubbed me the wrong way.

Those 2 teams will fight for the bottom all season, but that is the second time a second ref has over turned a call on the field. Did they not all get on the same page at the beginning of the game as to who should win? Not saying that Jimmy's first down would have changed the game, and I'm over that, but what I'm not over is how much control the refs have. Its not about who the better team is anymore, its about which team gets more calls to go their way. Its a joke.

And yes I know I have my panties in a bunch, but its making the game not fun to watch anymore.

V4L

Had he took a step or 2 (not his fault, but you must do it to make it a catch) it would have been ruled a catch before he hit the ground

AFTER he was on his way down he had to bring the ball back in because he didn't make a "football move" (yes people say this all the time people in the yell) but he had the ball hit and he dropped it to celebrate

NOW

I think had he brought it back in with the one hand they still may have ruled it a catch.. But he didn't bring it in and take a step or 2.. THEREFORE he needed to control the ball all the way through.. And once it hit he let it go.. NOT a catch

I don't agree with the rules.. But it's the rules

So it is NOT A CATCH

I WANTED LIONS TO WIN.. But it wasnt a catch.. NOT A CATCH.. not a catch.. NOT A CATCH

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast