Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Carr: If concussions become a problem, I’ll hang it up

[size=13pt]Notebook: Carr: If concussions become a problem, I’ll hang it up [/size]

By Steve Reed
    gastongazette.com

November 8, 2007 - 8:03PM

CHARLOTTE — Carolina Panthers quarterback David Carr said if he feels like multiple concussions threaten his quality of life after football, he won’t hesitate to give up the game.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Re: Carr: If concussions become a problem, I’ll hang it up

The guy's right you have to put your family first, he'll be a long time retired after all.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Good thing the organization (Not just the Chiller) didn't go out and invest heavily in this guy.

Seems like the organization (not just the Chiller) might be able to scout players with out the help of certain NFL fans of a certain NFL team.
    ;D

SNAP.......Broke off in the anal orfice again.
    Damn I missed some good threads while I was gone.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Good thing the organization (Not just the Chiller) didn't go out and invest heavily in this guy.

Seems like the organization (not just the Chiller) might be able to scout players with out the help of certain NFL fans of a certain NFL team.

;D

;D
    Sounds like Marrdro (not just the Chiller) is trying to rack up points in his favor again.

Where are those "We should get Carr" lovers now? I posted this yesterday & not one of them replied. :P

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

gol 'darnit I missed some good threads while I was gone.

;D
    Sounds like Marrdro (not just the Chiller) is trying to rack up points in his favor again.

Where are those "We should get Carr" lovers now? I posted this yesterday & not one of them replied. :P
    They are probably out checking his Madden rating now.
    ;D

Anyway, I'm not trying to get points for the Chiller.
    As always I try to stress that it is an organization working here and not just the HC as most believe.
    In this instance, it is for the medical dept, scouting dept and player personnel dept who were the ones who probably veto'd any voice that said they wanted him.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

;D

;D

As always I try to stress that it is an organization working here and not just the HC as most believe.
    In this instance, it is for the medical dept, scouting dept and player personnel dept who were the ones who probably veto'd any voice that said they wanted him.
    Not saying that. I'm saying your trying to get points for yourself so that your Marrdro rating goes up & Childress is out to get points in the Vikes GB game.

The only reason I threw "(not just the Chiller)" in there is because you used it twice in your post. I was trying to get you to crack a smile this morning.

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

;D

;D

Not saying that. I'm saying your trying to get points for yourself so that your Marrdro rating goes up & Childress is out to get points in the Vikes GB game.

The only reason I threw "(not just the Chiller)" in there is because you used it twice in your post. I was trying to get you to crack a smile this morning.
    I always crack a smile my friend.

Wildwoman keeps asking who is cracking me up everytime I laugh this morning.
    ;D

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

;D

I still think he is better than the three stooges we have.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Ltrey" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

;D

I was one that thought we should have picked up a QB. But I guess you were right, tjack is the
    man and bollinger is one of the top back-ups in the league. What were we thinking wanting to go after Carr when we were so set at the position.

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

;D

I was one that thought we should have picked up a QB. But I guess you were right, tjack is the
    man and bollinger is one of the top back-ups in the league. What were we thinking wanting to go after Carr when we were so set at the position.
    I thought he would be as well, regardless of his "Delivery Point" but wonder now if the staff wasn't right.
    Would he be as banged up as the rest of the crop we have?
    If so would that have been worth the price?
    ;D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast