VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Cards sign Brinkley

Not sad to see him go at all, but he has been signed.

Cardinals sign Jasper Brinkley to two-year deal | ProFootballTalk

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    He wasn't bad. Had a lot of tackles last year. Thought he played pretty decent.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    He can be replaced.. Didnt see much upside in Jasper.. He was ok but that was that..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Not sure about the Brinkley hate. Guy stepped in and played damn well. His demise in pass coverage was overrated. I can't remember too many times when a pass was completed because he was outta position. I do remember plenty of slants our Cbs could not stop. This is a huge mistake and it leaves us wanting for a MLB. I hope we sign Dansby.

Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion
    Jasper Brinkley missed one tackle for every 5.7 he attempted. Worst efficiency of any middle linebacker last year

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Cards sign Brinkley

I would really like to see the team draft an elite MLB if we are going to continue the 4-3

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I would really like to see the team draft an elite MLB if we are going to continue the 4-3
    Amen.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Culpepper_4717 View Post
    Jasper Brinkley missed one tackle for every 5.7 he attempted. Worst efficiency of any middle linebacker last year
    Brinkley did the same thing in college. I pointed that out on his draft day. I wonder what film the Vikings scouts were looking at.

Well, the Vikings kept Henderson, so we can watch some more blown coverages and missed tackles from our linebackers this season too.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Not sure about the Brinkley hate. Guy stepped in and played damn well. His demise in pass coverage was overrated. I can't remember too many times when a pass was completed because he was outta position. I do remember plenty of slants our Cbs could not stop. This is a huge mistake and it leaves us wanting for a MLB. I hope we sign Dansby.
    To many people saw him out of of position after he was caught mugging the line. I blame the D-coord (who goofed the call) and the DT's.

Get me a true Warpig on that line and I will fix our MLB and DB problems. Maybe this year....\

On a side note, they should have kept Jasper one more year with a Warpig in front of him to see how well he did. Now we are going to be forced to watch a Rookie try it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    With only 2 of them projected as first rounders this year, the list is pretty small.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg