Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Cards, Fitzgerald not close to deal

"Schutz" wrote:
    "KrackerJack" wrote:
    Fitz is going to stay in Arizona, despite how much money they'll have to pay him.
    Just because they have to pay him a hefty bit doesn't mean they're going to ship him off, Fitz has said he wants to stay with the Cards and so did Cardinals Vice President of Football Operations - Rod Graves
    He won't end up in Minnesota..atleast not this year.

Graves acknowledged that he would like to renegotiate Fitzgerald's original six-year deal, but affirmed that the wide receiver would remain with the team regardless.
    here's the NFL.com link---
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d806d4a14&template=without-video&confirm=true

"I just came out of our first extensive personnel meeting of the offseason," he said. "And the first line — players to be traded — was blank. I love Randy Moss. Where all this trade stuff is coming from, I don't know."
    Said Tice
    "To me, it's a moot point," Tice said. "Randy and his agent are not demanding a trade and we are not looking to trade him. We are not shopping Randy Moss."

From a yahoo article Feb.10 2005 about a week or so before the Moss trade was revealed.

http://web.archive.org/web/20050210202139/sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=knight-mosstimetogo&prov=knight&type=lgns

I don't know if Fitz is going to get traded or not, but you can't believe the organization.
    Excellent post my friend.

I wonder if Owners, GM's and HC's are gonna get sent to hell for some of the "Smoke Screens" they put out this time of year.

;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "KrackerJack" wrote:
    Fitz is going to stay in Arizona, despite how much money they'll have to pay him.
    Just because they have to pay him a hefty bit doesn't mean they're going to ship him off, Fitz has said he wants to stay with the Cards and so did Cardinals Vice President of Football Operations - Rod Graves
    He won't end up in Minnesota..atleast not this year.

Graves acknowledged that he would like to renegotiate Fitzgerald's original six-year deal, but affirmed that the wide receiver would remain with the team regardless.
    here's the NFL.com link---
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d806d4a14&template=without-video&confirm=true

"I just came out of our first extensive personnel meeting of the offseason," he said. "And the first line — players to be traded — was blank. I love Randy Moss. Where all this trade stuff is coming from, I don't know."
    Said Tice
    "To me, it's a moot point," Tice said. "Randy and his agent are not demanding a trade and we are not looking to trade him. We are not shopping Randy Moss."

From a yahoo article Feb.10 2005 about a week or so before the Moss trade was revealed.

http://web.archive.org/web/20050210202139/sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=knight-mosstimetogo&prov=knight&type=lgns

I don't know if Fitz is going to get traded or not, but you can't believe the organization.
    Excellent post my friend.

I wonder if Owners, GM's and HC's are gonna get sent to hell for some of the "Smoke Screens" they put out this time of year.
    ;D
    lol, that would be pretty funny... i'll be there with an autograph book

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Cards, Fitzgerald near crossroads[/size]

Kent Somers
    The Arizona Republic

Mar. 7, 2008 12:00 AM

Larry Fitzgerald says he doesn't want to leave Arizona. The Cardinals say they don't want him to go.

That, however, is an awful small plot of common ground in negotiations between two sides that seem to agree on little else...

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Funny thing when I read this. If he were to get out, do you think it could still get worked into our cap-budget to sign him after the Berrian deal? And how would the depth chart shake out between him, BB and Rice (+Wade?)?

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"cogitans" wrote:
    Funny thing when I read this. If he were to get out, do you think it could still get worked into our cap-budget to sign him after the Berrian deal? And how would the depth chart shake out between him, BB and Rice (+Wade?)?
    Then cut Fergie or Wade
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Unless I missed a re-signing, Fergie is no longer a Viking.

He could easilly fit in.

Fitz
    Berrian
    Rice
    Wade
    Allison

Lets not kid ourselves, if we had the option of getting Fitz, I would cut anyone on our current roster in favour of Fitz.
    There i no one we have who comes close to the level of talent this guy has.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

POSTED 10:35 a.m. EST, March 7, 2008

[size=12pt]FITZGERALD BACKLASH BUILDING?[/size]

There has been speculation and rumor about a trade that would send Fitzgerald to the Eagles.
    Though the Cardinals by all appearances have demanded too much in return for Fitzgerald, the team is in a real bind on this one.

To be sure, it's a mess that the team created.
    And whether Fitzgerald does anything aimed at genuinely helping the team get out of this situation will be proof positive on whether his image of being a team-first guy is real, or whether it's a bunch of self-serving Eddie Haskell bullcrap.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    Unless I missed a re-signing, Fergie is no longer a Viking.

He could easilly fit in.

Fitz
    Berrian
    Rice
    Wade
    Allison

Lets not kid ourselves, if we had the option of getting Fitz, I would cut anyone on our current roster in favour of Fitz.
    There i no one we have who comes close to the level of talent this guy has.
    Yeah, if the asking price was right; he's a no-brainer.

Plus you have to hope he'd love to "come home" and play....

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    Then cut Fergie or Wade
    Of course fergie would be out for sure. I were wondering who would work the slot when we go 3 wide with Fitz, BB and Rice.

Too bad for Allison though. And I kind of liked Wade doing crossroutes dutys

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

At this point, doesn't Fitz push us to the limits.

I would love to see him here.
    I would love to see him here over Berrian.
    Once we committed money to BB, he hitched our horse. JMHO!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast