Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Cards, Fitzgerald not close to deal

I hope we get Fitzgerald he would great in purple and gold

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks for the read my friend.

You know what comes to mind when I read this?
    The little known clause (or whatever the hell its called) that our boy Bryzcheapski used to hide (or whatever the hell you call it) CAP dollars via incentives that can't ever be achieved.

How the hell did he even get a player to sign a contract that had incentives in it he couldn't achieve.
    That would be like my boss saying I'll pay you time and a half on holidays but only if you work for a full 24 hours. If you don't I'm only gonna pay you regular scale on holidays..... ;D

Regardless, the Wilfs better give that guy a huge raise as I am sure he is now on a short list to get a GM job for teams like the Cards who screwed the pooch and structured a contract with incentives that could be reached thereby putting that team in CAP hell.

;D
    Weren't those incentive used to spend money that we never intended on spending.
    It sounds like Red McCombs accounting to me.
    Each team has to spend so much on paper to meet the minimum spending limit.
    I am pretty sure that a percentage of the incentives count against that minimum number.
    I will have to go back an read that article again.

LOL, it does go back to the red era.

http://www.vertgame.com/sal_cap.html
    Here's another little-known technicality. Those "likely to be earned" incentives mentioned above? Well, when they're not reached, they become cap credits the following year, which can mean a hidden bonanza for an underachieving franchise. A team that plays poorly, and which writes incentives into many of its player contracts, may actually reap a reward the year after. Case in point: the 2004 Vikings, who were an astounding $33 million under the cap. In actuality, the Vikings' cap was almost $95 million—the official cap for 2004 was $80.582 million—because Minnesota got more than $14 million in cap credits that year for "likely to be earned" incentives that weren't earned by their players in 2003.
    This is HOW!
    Mar, we are going to right you up a contract, salaried for the year of 100,000.
    We are going to put in there that you will work one extra day a week for 52 weeks and you will get an extra 50,000 at the end of the year.
    If you do not obtain that 6 days a week for 52 weeks then you forfeit that money and we will use it to sign more talent next year to help you do your job better.
    You will have plenty more time to do spit takes in front of your computer and yell at the minions. Is that something that might interest you?
    I understand it and am all in favor of it.
    Just trying to be funny.
    Remember I have a shitty sense of humor.
    ;D

My point is that other teams will come looking for Bryz because thier CAPOLOGYSTS don't understand it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks for the read my friend.

You know what comes to mind when I read this?
    The little known clause (or whatever the hell its called) that our boy Bryzcheapski used to hide (or whatever the hell you call it) CAP dollars via incentives that can't ever be achieved.

How the hell did he even get a player to sign a contract that had incentives in it he couldn't achieve.
    That would be like my boss saying I'll pay you time and a half on holidays but only if you work for a full 24 hours. If you don't I'm only gonna pay you regular scale on holidays..... ;D

Regardless, the Wilfs better give that guy a huge raise as I am sure he is now on a short list to get a GM job for teams like the Cards who screwed the pooch and structured a contract with incentives that could be reached thereby putting that team in CAP hell.

;D
    I've thought about that as well.
    They must negotiate their deal, and then after the fact go and fluff the dollars on the end.
    I suppose any player that is signing a contract with the team would not be opposed to a little front office finagling to help the team bring more talent in the future.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

just because he hasnt gotten a new deal means they are instantly gonna trade him away to us?
    i dont think so, fitz is too nice of a guy, they will work something out

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    just because he hasnt gotten a new deal means they are instantly gonna trade him away to us?
    i dont think so, fitz is too nice of a guy, they will work something out

If they don't want to pay him over 30 million over the next 2 years they might shop him

Who knows where he could end up

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Here is a link to the Cap room info.
    They have a nice chart on this page to show the top ten and the bottom ten teams with money to spend and those that don't have much room to wiggle.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d806c8fbb&template=with-video&confirm=true

Arizona is $2.1 million over the cap, Washington $103,000 over and Indianapolis was $230,850 over the salary cap –- but that was before they signed tight end Dallas Clark to a new six-year contract Wednesday.

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

Fitz is going to stay in Arizona, despite how much money they'll have to pay him.
    Just because they have to pay him a hefty bit doesn't mean they're going to ship him off, Fitz has said he wants to stay with the Cards and so did Cardinals Vice President of Football Operations - Rod Graves
    He won't end up in Minnesota..atleast not this year.

Graves acknowledged that he would like to renegotiate Fitzgerald's original six-year deal, but affirmed that the wide receiver would remain with the team regardless.
    here's the NFL.com link---
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d806d4a14&template=without-video&confirm=true

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"KrackerJack" wrote:
    Fitz is going to stay in Arizona, despite how much money they'll have to pay him.
    Just because they have to pay him a hefty bit doesn't mean they're going to ship him off, Fitz has said he wants to stay with the Cards and so did Cardinals Vice President of Football Operations - Rod Graves
    He won't end up in Minnesota..atleast not this year.

Graves acknowledged that he would like to renegotiate Fitzgerald's original six-year deal, but affirmed that the wide receiver would remain with the team regardless.
    here's the NFL.com link---
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d806d4a14&template=without-video&confirm=true

"I just came out of our first extensive personnel meeting of the offseason," he said. "And the first line — players to be traded — was blank. I love Randy Moss. Where all this trade stuff is coming from, I don't know."
    Said Tice
    "To me, it's a moot point," Tice said. "Randy and his agent are not demanding a trade and we are not looking to trade him. We are not shopping Randy Moss."

From a yahoo article Feb.10 2005 about a week or so before the Moss trade was revealed.

http://web.archive.org/web/20050210202139/sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=knight-mosstimetogo&prov=knight&type=lgns

I don't know if Fitz is going to get traded or not, but you can't believe the organization.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Fitzgerald to the Purple? Don't count on it[/size]

A Cardinals executive says that despite the Pro Bowl receiver's contract situation, the team has no plans on trading the former Holy Angels standout.

By JUDD ZULGAD, Star Tribune

Last update: February 23, 2008 - 11:29 PM

INDIANAPOLIS — The Vikings' need for a top-flight receiver would make Holy Angels graduate Larry Fitzgerald Jr. a seemingly very attractive option considering his contract issues with the Arizona Cardinals.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Cardinals: Fitzgerald not going anywhere[/size]

Posted: 16 hours 4 minutes ago

By Jason Feller
    NFL.com

INDIANAPOLIS -- The answer came in loud and clear: Wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald will be an Arizona Cardinal next year.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast