Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Cards, Fitzgerald not close to deal

    [size=13pt]Cards, Fitzgerald not close to deal[/size]

    Kent Somers
    The Arizona Republic
    azcentral.com


    Feb. 22, 2008 05:53 PM



    INDIANAPOLIS - Contrary to its name, sometimes the most important thing about the NFL scouting combine is not evaluating college prospects.....

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    Redmption's Avatar
    Redmption is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    307

    Re: Cards, Fitzgerald not close to deal

    Williamson and a 2nd rounder for Fitz

  3. #3
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Cards, Fitzgerald not close to deal

    Thanks for the read my friend.

    You know what comes to mind when I read this?
    The little known clause (or whatever the hell its called) that our boy Bryzcheapski used to hide (or whatever the hell you call it) CAP dollars via incentives that can't ever be achieved.

    How the hell did he even get a player to sign a contract that had incentives in it he couldn't achieve.
    That would be like my boss saying I'll pay you time and a half on holidays but only if you work for a full 24 hours. If you don't I'm only gonna pay you regular scale on holidays..... ;D

    Regardless, the Wilfs better give that guy a huge raise as I am sure he is now on a short list to get a GM job for teams like the Cards who screwed the pooch and structured a contract with incentives that could be reached thereby putting that team in CAP hell.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #4
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Cards, Fitzgerald not close to deal

    He's due to make almost $32 million the next two years, so it will take a considerable amount of guaranteed money to entice Parker to cut a new deal.
    I saw a list of the five team that had the least cap room and the Cardinals were at the top if I remember.
    I think they were already over the limit.
    I think he has to restructure!
    Either that or they will have to get rid of money somewhere else.


    Shefter made a good point yesterday on NFLTA, that Boldins will be watching this deal and will be expecting similar money when his deal is due.

    The Cards are climbing a slippery slope here.
    It isn't like they won't be able to figure this out, the Colts were able to make Wayne happy.
    I think the Colts have solved the money problems by sacrificing the RB, something has to give.

  5. #5
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Cards, Fitzgerald not close to deal

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    He's due to make almost $32 million the next two years, so it will take a considerable amount of guaranteed money to entice Parker to cut a new deal.
    I saw a list of the five team that had the least cap room and the Cardinals were at the top if I remember.
    I think they were already over the limit.
    I think he has to restructure!
    Either that or they will have to get rid of money somewhere else.


    Shefter made a good point yesterday on NFLTA, that Boldins will be watching this deal and will be expecting similar money when his deal is due.

    The Cards are climbing a slippery slope here.
    It isn't like they won't be able to figure this out, the Colts were able to make Wayne happy.
    I think the Colts have solved the money problems by sacrificing the RB, something has to give.
    You and I watch the same programming.
    Don't you think that is odd ( ;D).

    Slippery slope is being nice.

    New coaching staff, several holes to fill and no $$$ to do it and now they have one of thier biggest stars unhappy and another to follow.

    Gonna be damn ugly up there in a short short.
    Players pissed, wanting out, no players will want to go there.....

    Again, my hats off to the Vikes front office for getting quality players at reasonable prices.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #6
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Cards, Fitzgerald not close to deal

    We have alot of options that im excited for

    Porter
    Berrian
    Hackett
    Fitz

  7. #7
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Cards, Fitzgerald not close to deal

    "V4L" wrote:
    We have alot of options that im excited for

    Porter
    Berrian
    Hackett
    Fitz
    Fitz is not an option unless you know something I don't.

    It would require a trade and a contract restructure to get him here.
    The Cards would keep him if they could restructure his contract.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #8
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Cards, Fitzgerald not close to deal

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    We have alot of options that im excited for

    Porter
    Berrian
    Hackett
    Fitz
    Fitz is not an option unless you know something I don't.

    It would require a trade and a contract restructure to get him here.
    The Cards would keep him if they could restructure his contract.

    And they aren't close

    He could be an option.. It's very very very unlikely he would get moved, but you never know

  9. #9
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Cards, Fitzgerald not close to deal

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks for the read my friend.

    You know what comes to mind when I read this?
    The little known clause (or whatever the hell its called) that our boy Bryzcheapski used to hide (or whatever the hell you call it) CAP dollars via incentives that can't ever be achieved.

    How the hell did he even get a player to sign a contract that had incentives in it he couldn't achieve.
    That would be like my boss saying I'll pay you time and a half on holidays but only if you work for a full 24 hours. If you don't I'm only gonna pay you regular scale on holidays..... ;D


    Regardless, the Wilfs better give that guy a huge raise as I am sure he is now on a short list to get a GM job for teams like the Cards who screwed the pooch and structured a contract with incentives that could be reached thereby putting that team in CAP hell.
    ;D
    Weren't those incentive used to spend money that we never intended on spending.
    It sounds like Red McCombs accounting to me.
    Each team has to spend so much on paper to meet the minimum spending limit.
    I am pretty sure that a percentage of the incentives count against that minimum number.
    I will have to go back an read that article again.

    LOL, it does go back to the red era.

    http://www.vertgame.com/sal_cap.html
    Here's another little-known technicality. Those "likely to be earned" incentives mentioned above? Well, when they're not reached, they become cap credits the following year, which can mean a hidden bonanza for an underachieving franchise. A team that plays poorly, and which writes incentives into many of its player contracts, may actually reap a reward the year after. Case in point: the 2004 Vikings, who were an astounding $33 million under the cap. In actuality, the Vikings' cap was almost $95 million—the official cap for 2004 was $80.582 million—because Minnesota got more than $14 million in cap credits that year for "likely to be earned" incentives that weren't earned by their players in 2003.
    This is HOW!
    Mar, we are going to right you up a contract, salaried for the year of 100,000.
    We are going to put in there that you will work one extra day a week for 52 weeks and you will get an extra 50,000 at the end of the year.
    If you do not obtain that 6 days a week for 52 weeks then you forfeit that money and we will use it to sign more talent next year to help you do your job better.
    You will have plenty more time to do spit takes in front of your computer and yell at the minions. Is that something that might interest you?

  10. #10
    happy camper's Avatar
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,445

    Re: Cards, Fitzgerald not close to deal

    "Redmption" wrote:
    Williamson and a 2nd rounder for Fitz
    I would give up our first round pick.

    I don't talk about trades much but I hope the front office has their eye on this situation.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New deal for Antoine Winfield may be close!
    By purplepat in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 07-25-2009, 06:25 PM
  2. Cards extend Fitzgerald
    By skum in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-23-2008, 09:18 AM
  3. Walker close to new $40M deal with Broncos
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-09-2006, 01:23 PM
  4. Good News? Pollack close to deal
    By akvikefan89 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-04-2005, 07:24 PM
  5. Johnstone stays, Ken Irvin close to deal
    By hawaiianvike21 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-20-2003, 08:27 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •