Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Cards extend Fitzgerald

Anyone who has been dreaming of a deal that would bring Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, Jr., back to the Twin Cities can forget about it.
    DON SEEHOLZER
    http://blogs.twincities.com/Vikings/2008/03/cards_extend_fitzgerald.html

4 Years 40 million for Fitz.. Guess we can all shut up about that trade now..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Cards extend Fitzgerald

"skum" wrote:
    Anyone who has been dreaming of a deal that would bring Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, Jr., back to the Twin Cities can forget about it.
    DON SEEHOLZER

Does that mean that he get the 32 million for the last 2 years of his current contract plus the 4 year 40 million. Making a total of 6 years 72 million?
    I am suprised that he made the deal. He could have just played 2 more years for 32 million and then been an unrestricted free agent and could go to any team he wanted for probably more than 4 year 40million.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Bet they wish they could have got that done before all the [s]good[/s] high priced FA's were signed.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:
    DON SEEHOLZER

Does that mean that he get the 32 million for the last 2 years of his current contract plus the 4 year 40 million. Making a total of 6 years 72 million?
    I am suprised that he made the deal. He could have just played 2 more years for 32 million and then been an unrestricted free agent and could go to any team he wanted for probably more than 4 year 40million.
    I don't think the Cards could even put together a full roster with his cap hit with how it stood.
    The guy on the radio (can't remember who) said they wouldn't even have enough cap space left to sign a minimum veteran.
    Could have been full of BS though... I only caught the last blurb.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:
    DON SEEHOLZER

I don't think the Cards could even put together a full roster with his cap hit with how it stood.
    The guy on the radio (can't remember who) said they wouldn't even have enough cap space left to sign a minimum veteran.
    Right but I am sure that fitz still expects to be paid. If someone owed me 32 million for 2 years I certainly wouldn't wave it just to get a 4 year 40 million.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:
    DON SEEHOLZER

You listen to Sirius?
    Adam Shine (Moving the Chains) was talking about that very same thing a week or so ago.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

According to an announcement posted on what appears to be his personal web site, Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald has agreed to a
    four-year, $40 million contract with the team.

Fitzgerald's site says that he'll get $30 million guaranteed, and $33 million over the next three years.
    PROFOOTBALLTALK.COM
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:
    DON SEEHOLZER

You listen to Sirius?
    Adam Shine (Moving the Chains) was talking about that very same thing a week or so ago.
    That's about when I heard it...Might have been on Sirius...Again, I only listen when I'm traveling as I'm not a subscriber but it seems to come free with most rental cars.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

O darn, there goes that realistic trade opportunity we had to get a quality reciever at a fair price....

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Good for the Cards! Maybe we can trade for the guy at some point.
    LOL!

NFL.com
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80725f52&template=with-video&confirm=true

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast