Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Car confiscated in bust may be connected to 'Pacman' Jones

[size=18px]Car confiscated in bust may be connected to Titans' Jones[/size]
    April 14, 2006 07:23 PM CDT

An massive undercover drug sting conducted by Metro Police has taken nearly $3 million worth of drugs off the streets. During the bust, authorities seized a vehicle that could have a connection to Tennessee Titan Adam "PacMan" Jones.

Metro Police arrested nine people, seized 1,600 pounds of marijuana, 128-pounds of cocaine, $600,000 in cash, numerous guns and more than 20 vehicles.

One of those vehicles, a 2004 Cadillac XLR with Nevada plates, was seized when 39-year-old Nashville native Darryl Jerome Moore was arrested.

There is a question of whether the red Cadillac is linked to the Titans' Jones because it has the name "Pacman" embroidered on the headrests.

On Friday, Channel 4 spoke to an employee at VIP Custom Motoring located in Henderson, Nevada, who says they did embroidery work on a red Cadillac for "Pacman" Jones.

Police will not say whether they are investigating Jones and won't reveal any more information except to say their is a connection.

Pacman's Attorney Roger May says, "The car is not titled to Mr. Jones, and he doesn't claim ownership interest in the car."

At this point, police believe the Cadillac in question is untitled with the plate expiring nearly three years ago.

'Pacman' Jones has not been arrested or charged with any crime.

District Attorney General Torry Johnson said most of the drugs were coming through Mexico into Middle Tennessee. Police anticipate more arrests in the drug distribution ring and say the investigation is ongoing.

Car confiscated in bust may be connected to Titans' Jones

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikeswin2005 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Car confiscated in bust may be connected to 'Pacman' Jones

what a shame.........

Re: Car confiscated in bust may be connected to 'Pacman' Jon

Geez! Just because the name "Pacman" is on the headrest, they automatically believe it's linked to Jones.

What's next a drug bust in Wisconsin where a car has a Brett Favre bumper sticker & Brett bobble-head on the dash & they think there is a connection?

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

Another case of bad investigating before releasing information! It's to soon to know what if anything is going on here. When they get sued bigtime for ruining someone's life they will learn! :evil:
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Jones was also implicated in a drug scandal in New Mexico. Apparantly, when the Police raided the facility, the suspects were playing PacMan on a PS2. While Jones has not been charged in the incident, it has been confirmed that he has at one time played a PS2. investigators are keeping this one quiet.

OH, THE HUMANITY!!!!!

Caine

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

He seemed like bad news to me..

When I saw him I thought he looked like a thug on draft day

Gold chains and baggy ass pants and a hat tilted to the side

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    He seemed like bad news to me..

When I saw him I thought he looked like a thug on draft day

Gold chains and baggy jiggly butt pants and a hat tilted to the side

Vikez4Lyfe...you crack me up sometimes. Pac Man a thug. You are kidding right?

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

You guys do realize that the media released this info not the police. His lawyer probably made made it public before a frenzy broke loose. It's not like the police charged the guy or even said he was a suspect. I think if some of you think before getting mad you would know that the guy who sewed "Pacman" Jones into the headrest said in fact it was "Pacman" Jones. Not Pacman Smith, not Pacman Sanders. There is another article on this matter which gives a little more detail.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Caine" wrote:
    Jones was also implicated in a drug scandal in New Mexico. Apparantly, when the Police raided the facility, the suspects were playing PacMan on a PS2. While Jones has not been charged in the incident, it has been confirmed that he has at one time played a PS2. investigators are keeping this one quiet.

OH, THE HUMANITY!!!!!

Caine
    LOL :lol:
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Saturday, 04/15/06

[size=18px]Nearly ton of drugs seized, 9 arrested[/size]

Police say one suspect may know Titans' Pacman

By CHRISTIAN BOTTORFF
    and JIM WYATT
    Staff Writers

Nine people were arrested on suspicion of having roles in two major drug rings that trafficked cocaine and marijuana in Sumner and Davidson counties, including a Nashville man with possible ties to Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones, authorities said yesterday.

Officers from Davidson and Sumner counties seized 1,653 pounds of marijuana, 128 pounds of cocaine, more than 20 vehicles and $608,000, police said.

Seven suspects were charged with resale of marijuana and cocaine. Two others were arrested on marijuana conspiracy charges.

Metro Police Chief Ronal Serpas applauded the arrests and seizures during a news conference yesterday at the Metro police evidence and storage facility in Nashville.

"This is an extremely significant case," Serpas said. "This is the kind of case that's worked on behind the scenes every day in the city of Nashville and in our adjoining counties."

Many of the questions at the news conference surrounded the possible connection to the second-year Titans cornerback.

Davidson County District Attorney Torry Johnson said that Jones, the team's top draft pick in 2005, is an acquaintance of suspect Darryl Jerome Moore, an aspiring rap singer who was released early last year from federal prison in California, where he served time on drug charges.

Jones' nickname was embroidered as "Pac Man" on the black leather seats of a 2004 Cadillac XLR, a pricey sports car that authorities confiscated from Moore's apartment in Bellevue. A new XLR has a starting price of roughly $77,000, according to the Cadillac Web site.

The 127 pounds of cocaine were seized from the home of Moore's father at 1001 W. Delmas Ave., Metro police said. The Cadillac was registered to an unidentified person from Nevada, police said, and had a Nevada license plate.

"Clearly, there is some connection between Mr. Jones and one of the arrested individuals, Mr. Moore," said Johnson. "But I want to emphasize, he has not been charged. The investigation will continue, and we'll just have to see where it goes."

Jones' Nashville attorney, Roger May, said yesterday that the car does not belong to his client, and he said he does not know if Jones ever owned or drove the car.

"All I know, with regard to the car, is that he doesn't have ownership of the car," May said. "I do not have any knowledge of the investigation at all. Anything else would be pure speculation."

Titans Coach Jeff Fisher could not be reached for comment.

A man who answered Pacman Jones' cell phone yesterday said the football player was unavailable for comment, and suggested a reporter try back later. When The Tennessean tried later, a person said it was the wrong number.

Jones' sports agent, Michael Huyghue, said yesterday that he had advised his client not to comment.

"At this point, there is just a lot of speculation and conjecture," Huyghue said.

Asked whether Jones is an acquaintance of Darryl Moore, Huyghue said, "His dad is an acquaintance. His mom is an acquaintance. Are they culpable? The last time I checked that was no criminal issue.'

Jones was arrested and charged last summer in connection with a scuffle at a Nashville night club. Those charges were dropped earlier this year. The Nashville case was the latest of several run-ins Jones has had with law enforcement dating back to his days as a college player.

Asked if the Cadillac seized in the drug bust belonged to Jones, Huyghue reiterated that Jones had not committed a crime.

"It says Cadillac on the car, too," Huyghue said. "Maybe they should call the head of Cadillac. I know this. If Pac had done something wrong, the police would not be sitting back letting the media develop the story. I think you could rest assured if there was even a shred of evidence that linked Pac, you wouldn't have to be trying to piece it together through the media.

"If the police felt he was in any way culpable, they wouldn't be sitting on their hands. … If they had anything on him you'd know it because he'd be in handcuffs."

Story & Pics: Nearly ton of drugs seized, 9 arrested

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast