Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Captain Moss?!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Captain Moss?!

"Del" wrote:
    I like watching Randy struggle and slip out of the record books. All the people saying "If Moss can play as many years as rice...." His years with the Raiders has totally shot that theory.

He hasn't done a gol 'darnit thing to make any QB in Oaktown better and there is no way in hell Childress brings him back, unless the owner says look Brad he will bring in some $ and stadium power.

He does seem to be trying to begin a force out of Raiderville. It will be interesting to see if Al lets him go, or where he would end up.
    A good home for Randy would be in the Lions den.
    I heard they need another WR with baggage.

I feel bad for Randy, he didn't deserve this.
    Atleast let him be on a competative team.
    I think Moss might be motivated to work this offseason, as he watches Marvin Harrison and probably TO distance themselves from him in Stats.
    I don't want Moss to finish in any stat behind TO.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    I like watching Randy struggle and slip out of the record books. All the people saying "If Moss can play as many years as rice...." His years with the Raiders has totally shot that theory.

He hasn't done a gol 'darnit thing to make any QB in Oaktown better and there is no way in hell Childress brings him back, unless the owner says look Brad he will bring in some $ and stadium power.

He does seem to be trying to begin a force out of Raiderville. It will be interesting to see if Al lets him go, or where he would end up.

I think Moss might be motivated to work this offseason, as he watches Marvin Harrison and probably TO distance themselves from him in Stats.
    If his personal stats are the reason that he motivates himself to train hard in the off-season, then I most certainly don't want him on my team.

I guarantee that is not how Jerry Rice or Cris Carter or Lance Alworth kept themselves great for so long.

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

If his personal stats are the reason that he motivates himself to train hard in the off-season, then I most certainly don't want him on my team.

I guarantee that is not how Jerry Rice or Cris Carter or Lance Alworth kept themselves great for so long.
    If "The Donald" was my dad, I don't think I would disown him for wanting some personal accomplishments.

There has to be some personal satisfaction in everything one does, or it isn't worth doing.
    It is good to set goals even if it is on personal stats, that is what pushes one to continue playing the game and continue to get better.

Randy's problem is that I don't think he has ever set goals.
    He has relied on talent alone, it came too easy.
    Just Win Baby, seemed like a good place for him, but they lack the structure.

If you think that Carter wasn't in it for the records (or another factor that could be considered just as selfish, money, wins, rings) these are all part of decision on whether or not to play the game of football.
    On a secondary level, once the player decides to play, the football teams set goals that the players have to accomplish as a team.
    I wouldn't say Carter was in it solely for the money or the records, or the chance to win a ring, but I would say those are all factors.
    All of them valid, but all of them could be considered selfish if one wants to justify them that way.

1000 catches and 100 TDs baby!
    That's my boy.......CC #80

I am not going to claim this is a solid argument as much as it is a bunch of thoughts.
    Just saying that I don't care if it is stats or wearing a pink leotard that motivates Randy as long as he wants to play the game with Passion.
    Doesn't mean one won't be a good team player becasue of it of there motivations.
    When he plays with Passion he is one of the best in the business.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I can't believe this especially after the things he JUST SAID in that interview!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234