Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dekay is offline Pro-Bowler Element Quest Champion

Re: Captain Morgan Hijacks NFL

I love Cpt Morgan, his morganettes is beatiful, hes rum is sweet and whenever Cpt Morgan is behind the rudder on a party, that party cant steer through muddy waters.

However fun I may think striking a Cpt Morgan pose in the endzone is. I think its marketing and the market value of that almost free marketing is way beyond those petty sums given to charity. I wish they could give the sum to charity and not ask for something in return.

Oh boy would I love seeing a whole cheerleader squad dressed up as morganettes!!! Perhaps at a superbowl?! THAT would be awesum, and market value of that would go through the roof!

Texas Viking is offline Starter

Well, I hate to side with the league on this but the bottom line is that it’s adverting on the NFL’s nickel.
    If Capt Morgan (who’s company I’m enjoying right now) wants to donate $$ for every pose, they need to go through proper channels and gain permission.
    It’s no different when programs blur out clothing with company logos, product placement advertising is big business.
    I’d hate to see NFL games put on a time delay so they can blur out a player if they ‘strike a pose’.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    thats fricken Challenged Hillbilly Lover'd on the NFL's part.
    They should have absolutely no reason to fight against it.
    NFL is going downhill fast.
    No it isn't.
    It is staying in the exact same place that it has been for years and years.
    Do you think the "No Fun League" nickname just popped up?
    I remember hearing references to that back in the 80's.
    The NFL isn't "going downhill" at all.
    It has remained incredibly consistent.

This is no different than the stupid "chicken dance" promo that KFC tried in the Pats-Giants superbowl.
    KFC was going to donate $260,000 to charity in the name of the first New England Patriots or New York Giants player who performs the chicken dance in the end zone.
    The NFL shut that down too.
    And rightfully so.
    Advertising has its place in the NFL, but that place is NOT in the endzone.

IMO the league has bigger fish to fry. Instead of micromanaging every move of every NFL employee, the league should focus on the quality of the product they are putting on the field and making sure that the games they are producing are worth the price of admission. The games are getting more expensive every year and IMHO the quality is not always worth the price.

There are teams that cannot sell out their stadiums and yet the league is asking the fan base to support newer, more costly facilities to increase their revenues. Generally in business the philosophy is to grow your volume to the point the current facility is no longer adequate to support the number of customers you have so that the expansion is justified and supported by the revenue generated. In this twisted logic the NFL is operating in they are looking at stadiums that are not operating at their capacity without artificial intervention and declaring that they need to be replaced without any plan to improve the product enough to justify the expenditure.

Oh well, I guess it is just easier to hand out the fine and sweep the problems under the carpet.
    Why are the two issues mutually exclusive?

And speaking from a marketing perspective, ambush marketing can be very damaging to sponsorship campaigns.
    You were a small business owner.
    What you you do if you paid a large sum of money to sponsor something, say a local parade, only to find out that a competitor when behind the back of the parade committee and paid several prominent floats a much smaller sum to advertise for their company instead?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

molineviking is offline Asst. Coach

"NodakPaul" wrote:

Why are the two issues mutually exclusive?

And speaking from a marketing perspective, ambush marketing can be very damaging to sponsorship campaigns.
    You were a small business owner.
    What you you do if you paid a large sum of money to sponsor something, say a local parade, only to find out that a competitor when behind the back of the parade committee and paid several prominent floats a much smaller sum to advertise for their company instead?

NP-You know all your facts and common sense are really getting the way of bashing "The Man"
    ;D
    Even if the Vikings lose, I can still find happiness in Bears, and Packer losses.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

I got hammered on a 40 of the Captain last night.
    We're bringing purple back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12