Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

Captain Morgan Hijacks NFL

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...endary-times/1

If you watched the Eagles game last week, you saw Brent Celek strike the Captain Morgan pose after a TD.
    In a marketing strategy, Captain Morgan has told select players that if they strike the pose after a TD then they will donate $ to those who have been injured in the NFL.
    NFL is now fighting against it, go figure.

I THINK THIS IS FUCKIN AWESOME!!!
    Fight the power Captain!

PS.
    I'm sure there are better articles online, but this was the first I came across.
    Heard about it on PTI.

"There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Captain Morgan Hijacks NFL

thats fucking retarded on the NFL's part.
    They should have absolutely no reason to fight against it.
    NFL is going downhill fast.

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

If I was a filthy rich as owner like Mark Cuban is for the Mavs, I would just tell my entire team to go to the corner of the endzone, or whatever section Goodell is at if he is at the game, and tell them to all strike the pose in his face.
    Oh how I would love to see that.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    thats fricken Challenged Hillbilly Lover'd on the NFL's part.
    No it isn't.
    It is staying in the exact same place that it has been for years and years.
    Do you think the "No Fun League" nickname just popped up?
    I remember hearing references to that back in the 80's.
    The NFL isn't "going downhill" at all.
    It has remained incredibly consistent.

This is no different than the stupid "chicken dance" promo that KFC tried in the Pats-Giants superbowl.
    KFC was going to donate $260,000 to charity in the name of the first New England Patriots or New York Giants player who performs the chicken dance in the end zone.
    The NFL shut that down too.
    And rightfully so.
    Advertising has its place in the NFL, but that place is NOT in the endzone.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

molineviking is offline Asst. Coach

"oaklandzoo24" wrote:

If you watched the Eagles game last week, you saw Brent Celek strike the Captain Morgan pose after a TD.
    In a marketing strategy, Captain Morgan has told select players that if they strike the pose after a TD then they will donate $ to those who have been injured in the NFL.

I THINK THIS IS FUCKIN AWESOME!!!

PS.
    I'm sure there are better articles online, but this was the first I came across.
    Heard about it on PTI.

I think anything that promotes donating money for deserving people is great (Well not ANYTHING, But you know-normal stuff)
    Then again the NFL probably doesn't want itself caught in promoting alcoholic beverages, Odd since beer is all over football. $10,000 for every pose in the regular season, up to 25 then 100 for the big game, Apparently theres a rule forbidding any on field advertising for private companies.

Maybe the NFL can come up with some way of allowing a "Donation clause" to be allowed, After all it's not for any players personal gain, But for retired players, You'd think a rule could be bent for something
    related to players, On the bright side, This publicity will no doubt shine more of a light on the Gridiron Greats Fund.
    Even if the Vikings lose, I can still find happiness in Bears, and Packer losses.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"molineviking" wrote:
    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:

I THINK THIS IS fricken AWESOME!!!

PS.
    Heard about it on PTI.

I think anything that promotes donating money for deserving people is great (Well not ANYTHING, But you know-normal stuff)
    Then again the NFL probably doesn't want itself caught in promoting alcoholic beverages, Odd since beer is all over football. $10,000 for every pose in the regular season, up to 25 then 100 for the big game, Apparently theres a rule forbidding any on field advertising for private companies.

Maybe the NFL can come up with some way of allowing a "Donation clause" to be allowed, After all it's not for any players personal gain, But for retired players, You'd think a rule could be bent for something
    related to players, On the bright side, This publicity will no doubt shine more of a light on the Gridiron Greats Fund.
    Actually, the reasoning probably has a LOT more to do with the NFL's ability to sell "official sponsor" rights.
    This is known as ambush marketing - a method of getting prominent product placement without really paying for it.
    Product sponsorships is a billion dollar business, and allowing Captain Morgan or any other company to shortcut it for a couple hundred thousand dollars is very bad business.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Child please

He got into the endzone he should be able to celebrate how he wants

I highly doubt many people were like OH SHIT BRENTY CELEK JUST SCORED AND POSED AS THE CAPTAIN!!! IMMA GO BUY A BOTTLE

"V4L" wrote:
    Child please

He got into the endzone he should be able to celebrate how he wants

I highly doubt many people were like OH SHIT BRENTY CELEK JUST SCORED AND POSED AS THE CAPTAIN!!! IMMA GO BUY A BOTTLE

Lol, And give me a bag of ice with that.
    Even if the Vikings lose, I can still find happiness in Bears, and Packer losses.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    thats fricken Challenged Hillbilly Lover'd on the NFL's part.
    No it isn't.
    It is staying in the exact same place that it has been for years and years.
    Do you think the "No Fun League" nickname just popped up?
    I remember hearing references to that back in the 80's.
    The NFL isn't "going downhill" at all.
    It has remained incredibly consistent.

This is no different than the stupid "chicken dance" promo that KFC tried in the Pats-Giants superbowl.
    KFC was going to donate $260,000 to charity in the name of the first New England Patriots or New York Giants player who performs the chicken dance in the end zone.
    The NFL shut that down too.
    And rightfully so.
    Advertising has its place in the NFL, but that place is NOT in the endzone.

IMO the league has bigger fish to fry. Instead of micromanaging every move of every NFL employee, the league should focus on the quality of the product they are putting on the field and making sure that the games they are producing are worth the price of admission. The games are getting more expensive every year and IMHO the quality is not always worth the price.

There are teams that cannot sell out their stadiums and yet the league is asking the fan base to support newer, more costly facilities to increase their revenues. Generally in business the philosophy is to grow your volume to the point the current facility is no longer adequate to support the number of customers you have so that the expansion is justified and supported by the revenue generated. In this twisted logic the NFL is operating in they are looking at stadiums that are not operating at their capacity without artificial intervention and declaring that they need to be replaced without any plan to improve the product enough to justify the expenditure.

Oh well, I guess it is just easier to hand out the fine and sweep the problems under the carpet.

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

IMO the league has bigger fish to fry. Instead of micromanaging every move of every NFL employee, the league should focus on the quality of the product they are putting on the field and making sure that the games they are producing are worth the price of admission. The games are getting more expensive every year and IMHO the quality is not always worth the price.

There are teams that cannot sell out their stadiums and yet the league is asking the fan base to support newer, more costly facilities to increase their revenues. Generally in business the philosophy is to grow your volume to the point the current facility is no longer adequate to support the number of customers you have so that the expansion is justified and supported by the revenue generated. In this twisted logic the NFL is operating in they are looking at stadiums that are not operating at their capacity without artificial intervention and declaring that they need to be replaced without any plan to improve the product enough to justify the expenditure.

Oh well, I guess it is just easier to hand out the fine and sweep the problems under the carpet.

I completely agree, Our countries economy stinks, People losing their jobs, Losing their homes, Businesses are moving to other countries yet the price of a ticket isn't lowered to reflect this, Players don't offer to sign for 9 million instead of 10 million, This could go on and on. Sometimes it's hard to remember that Pro sports are for entertainment purposes and not to think about the crazy amounts of money involved and get pissed at the spoiled-ness of pro athletes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast