Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyHorns82 View Post
    I hate that damn avatar of yours. Makes me want to punch him right in the face...which I suspect is part of your intent.
    I need another one. I'm hoping someone can make one of Adrian Peterson on a Molly Hatchett album cover, complete with clydesdale and battle axe.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyHorns82 View Post
    I hate that damn avatar of yours. Makes me want to punch him right in the face...which I suspect is part of your intent.

Newton is an amazing athlete with gifts you can't coach. With that alone he'll make big plays.
    Time will tell.

I'll bet you $20 right now that 5 years from now, Andrew Luck has more wins as a starting QB in the NFL than Cam Newton.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    It's not like he is only holding a clipboard. He is working with the coaches every day to get better. Spending time every day watching film, studying defenses, and how to read them and beat them. Practicing making calls at the line of scrimmage ect ect. There is alot he can still learn without starting on Sunday.

Would it hurt him to get reps now before he is fully ready? probably not. But I don't think it would hurt him to continue his development first, it worked for Rodgers, Rivers, Brees, Brady.

Right now the focus of the entire coaching staff and all the players should be on beating the Lions on Sunday. Evaluating players is for preseason and meaningless games after being eliminated from the playoffs.
    Yes, he is working with the coaches every day to get better. I would not contest that point. But then again who is he getting reps with? Is it the starters or the second and third string? And secondly- are they mutually exclusive? It seems to me if he was starting he would still be getting reps in practice but the benefit IMHO is that they would have the film from the last game to look at and evaluate so he would be getting feedback on what he does right and what he does wrong.

I am not sure they take film on how well he is holding the clipboard and even if they do I am not sure that feedback is going to help him in the long haul. (BTW that was just sarcasm so take it easy on me)

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Carolina Camthers.
    We're bringing purple back.

missvikes is offline Training Camp
    It's good for him being as cocky as he is. It should strengthen & humble him (hopefully) & make him wiser in the future on his team playing as a whole. He has a lot to learn about leading a team in the NFL.
    Last edited by missvikes; 09-23-2011 at 12:24 PM.
    SKOL!!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678