Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    receiving fullbacks win championships.
    Daryl Johnston has 3.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    receiving fullbacks win championships.
    Well played my friend.

Hey, I've been waiting for you to say how impressed you've been with Toby, to include when he was lining up infront of AD but so far nothing.

What up.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Well played my friend.

Hey, I've been waiting for you to say how impressed you've been with Toby, to include when he was lining up infront of AD but so far nothing.

What up.
    So far so good, hope the kid keeps it up.

Doesn't mean I still like how we drafted him.

I have never had an issue with Toby as a player, my issue came from drafting him in the second round, still don't think he's worth it.
    On a side note, did you see how effective Kliensasser was lining up at FB? he does what a FB is supposed to do, something we haven't seen since Richardson.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    So far so good, hope the kid keeps it up.

Doesn't mean I still like how we drafted him.

I have never had an issue with Toby as a player, my issue came from drafting him in the second round, still don't think he's worth it.
    On a side note, did you see how effective Kliensasser was lining up at FB? he does what a FB is supposed to do, something we haven't seen since Richardson.
    I've been saying this for years, it was usually met with "Sauce is too old and doesn't have the legs anymore..." which of course is dead wrong. People used to say Childress was a good coach too.

During the Green/Tice years, Kleinsasser was a beast of a FB and used a lot more of a short-yardage FB (2001-2003). It's pretty obvious that Childress didn't fully understand how to utilize the talents on his team, thus Sauce got pushed to a blocking TE position... but still performed great.

I'm excited to see him line back up at the FB position, probably why we're still seeing production out of our running game despite our atrocious OL.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Interesting to me how low the bar of "success" is. 1 TD, 3 Picks and 2 losses in two starts. If that was McNabb, you'd all be calling for his head.

=Z=
    If McNabb played like Newton has we would be 2-0.
    Different situations have different definitions of success.
    Carolina was 2-14 last year, worst in the NFL.
    They were the worst passing team a year ago with 143.1yds per game, Cam is averaging 3X that many yards per game.
    They had 9 passing TD all of last year, Cam already has 3 in just 2 games.
    They had 16 offensive TD all of last year, Cam already has 5 in just 2 games.

I'm going to go ahead and call Cams first two games a success, if he continues he will lead to team success down the road.

Interesting to me how low the bar of "success" is. 1 TD, 3 Picks and 2 losses in two starts. If that was McNabb, you'd all be calling for his head.

=Z=
    Newton has 854 yards, 3 TDs and 4 INTs.... he's absolutely a successful QB. That team is not losing because of Cam Newton. They have 8 players on IR and are missing their two starting linebackers.

And if you're saying he's not successful based on what he did against one of the best secondaries in the country in his second professional game (439 yards, 60% completion, 1 TD, 3 INTs), then you simply do not understand football.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    If McNabb played like Newton has we would be 2-0.
    Different situations have different definitions of success.
    Carolina was 2-14 last year, worst in the NFL.
    They were the worst passing team a year ago with 143.1yds per game, Cam is averaging 3X that many yards per game.
    They had 9 passing TD all of last year, Cam already has 3 in just 2 games.
    They had 16 offensive TD all of last year, Cam already has 5 in just 2 games.

I'm going to go ahead and call Cams first two games a success, if he continues he will lead to team success down the road.
    It's not Cams fault they let the cardinals beat them in a shootout. They also played one of the superbowl favourites last week and just barely lost. I'd say they're looking quite good.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Newton has 854 yards, 3 TDs and 4 INTs.... he's absolutely a successful QB. That team is not losing because of Cam Newton. They have 8 players on IR and are missing their two starting linebackers.

And if you're saying he's not successful based on what he did against one of the best secondaries in the country in his second professional game (439 yards, 60% completion, 1 TD, 3 INTs), then you simply do not understand football.
    Shit, boy. I've forgotten more about football than you'll ever know.

You know me - I'm a bottom-line kinda guy. Wins = Good. Losses = Not Good.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

=Z=

=Z=
    Then I was absolutely right about Brett Favre being a failure here.... so I'm batting 1.000.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

=Z=
    Teams earn wins and losses, not individuals.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast