singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Cable companies, NFL still at loggerheads - FCC may get involved

[size=13pt]Broadcast sports: Cable companies, NFL still at loggerheads[/size]

The clash over how games are carried might be dealt with by the Federal Communications Commission.

By Judd Zulgad, Star Tribune

Last update: November 20, 2007 – 9:27 PM

Some things don't change.
    For the second year in a row, the NFL will offer a tripleheader on Thanksgiving Day, and for the second time, the majority of fans will be able to watch only the first two games from their homes....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Cable companies, NFL still at loggerheads - FCC may get involved

I thank the lord every day for a good job and income that allows me the luxuries in life that ensure I can watch all games this week.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I wouldn't cry about missing the Colts and Falcons game.
    Hell, I'll probably be kicked backed, relaxing on the couch after two decent games (Traditional Games )
    looking for a good movie to snooze with....LOL

Some things just aren't ment to be changed.....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

24 hours of A Christmas Story should be a good incentive for people to whatever they can to buy the NFL Network

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Despite what may be said here, it's the cable companies that are to blame. The NFL Network wants to charge them 80 cents per subscriber to carry the NFL Network. They claim it's too much and besides they have ESPN. But ESPN charges almost $3.00 per subscriber but they don't balk about that. Cable companies are going to go belly up someday because their costs are so large for laying cable and the upkeep of it. It's so much cheaper for DirecTV because they just pluck the signal out of the air.
    Like someone else said here, I'm glad I have Direct TV and it's cheaper than my cable except when I add in the Sunday Ticket but I get to watch every Vikings game and the NFL channel and Big Ten channel are part of my middle priced package. I get to watch almost every Gopher basketball and football game and you can bet I'll be tuned into the Green Bay Dallas game on Thursday.
    Why people continue to get cable is beyond me.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Despite what may be said here, it's the cable companies that are to blame. The NFL Network wants to charge them 80 cents per subscriber to carry the NFL Network. They claim it's too much and besides they have ESPN. But ESPN charges almost $3.00 per subscriber but they don't balk about that. Cable companies are going to go belly up someday because their costs are so large for laying cable and the upkeep of it. It's so much cheaper for DirecTV because they just pluck the signal out of the air.
    Like someone else said here, I'm glad I have Direct TV and it's cheaper than my cable except when I add in the Sunday Ticket but I get to watch every Vikings game and the NFL channel and Big Ten channel are part of my middle priced package. I get to watch almost every Gopher basketball and football game and you can bet I'll be tuned into the Green Bay Dallas game on Thursday.
    Why people continue to get cable is beyond me.
    The main reason that the cable companies are balking is because they claim NFLN serves a smaller niche crowd than ESPN does.
    I disagree.
    I think roughly the same number of people who watch ESPN would also watch NFLN.
    Yes, ESPN has more sports, but you would be hard pressed to find someone in the USA who watches every sport except football.

I already have a list of buddies who want to come over to my house to watch the Packers Dallas game.
    Thank God I have Dish. ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=