Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C. Martin done?

Prophet Guest

Re: C. Martin done?

KFFL
    Jets | C. Martin not considering retirement, still eyes return
    Wed, 9 Aug 2006 15:13:21 -0700

New York Jets RB Curtis Martin (knee) said he is not considering retirement and added that he is working out as hard as he can. "I am here every single day," said Martin. "I am probably up here more than a lot of the other players because I am doing extra work." Martin said he is working out in hopes of playing this year, but would not talk about the condition of his knee. He did say that he has not had another surgery and has no plans to have any more surgeries on the knee before he returns. "I don't know what exactly will happen," Martin said. "I just keep preparing to be my best. It is what it is. Obviously I have missed some training camp, but I can't do anything about what I missed, but when I get back, I get back and I will take it from there."

JellyBean2144 is offline Pro-Bowler

Oh yeah, I hae always like C Mart. He never complains, just plays. That is why I always had him on my fantasy teams. He is a class act.

Prophet Guest

NFL Notes: Jets' Martin vague about status
    Combined News Services
    Article Last Updated: 08/10/2006 01:41:04 AM MDT

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Jets | Martin restructures contract
    Tue, 22 Aug 2006 05:40:40 -0700

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports the New York Jets quietly renegotiated RB Curtis Martin's contract to cover themselves in the event that he doesn't play this season because of his knee injury. Martin was scheduled to earn $2.5 million in base salary, but he signed a "split" contract last Wednesday that reduces his 2006 salary to $810,000, the veteran's minimum. If he's placed on season-ending Injured Reserve, which seems more likely with each passing day, his salary would drop to $475,000. One person familiar with the reworked contract described it as a good-faith gesture by the Jets, surmising that it were a player of lesser stature, the club probably would cut him without having to pay anything. Jets' head coach Eric Mangini continues to says there has been no change in Martin's status.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12