Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C. Martin done?

Prophet Guest

C. Martin done?

KFFL
    Jets | Martin's future uncertain
    Mon, 7 Aug 2006 14:54:41 -0700

Dave Hutchinson, of the Star-Ledger, reports New York Jets RB Curtis Martin (knee) recommended to the team before the NFL Draft that they should strongly consider taking a back high in the draft because of his concern over his ability to play in 2006. Martin had arthroscopic knee surgery in December to clean out his knee, but it has not responded well. With the team entering the second week of training camp, there is growing concern that his career may be in jeopardy. If Martin is able to play in 2006, it is unlikely he will be ready to go at the start of the season. Martin, who has had surgery on his right knee the past two seasons, remains on the team's PUP list. It is believed a great deal of the cartilage in his knee is gone, which is what is giving Martin problems. One team official said he's dealing with "bone on bone" in his knee.

One team official said he's dealing with "bone on bone" in his knee.
    I'm not an MD, but that can't be good.

On a related note....

KFFL
    Jets | Interested in Bears' Jones?
    Mon, 7 Aug 2006 14:53:46 -0700

Dave Hutchinson, of the Star-Ledger, reports the New York Jets have quietly been making phone calls around the league checking on the availability of running backs. Chicago Bears RB Thomas Jones is one of the backs on their radar.

Jets | Interested in Titans' Brown?
    Mon, 7 Aug 2006 14:53:16 -0700

Dave Hutchinson, of the Star-Ledger, reports the New York Jets have quietly been making phone calls around the league checking on the availability of running backs. Tennessee Titans RB Chris Brown is one of the backs on their radar.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: C. Martin done?

Sad to see...both "My Favorite" Martin and "Field" Marshall Faulk may be done...two CLASS guys who had outstanding careers...maybe even Hall-worthy ones!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Prophet Guest

I've always liked C. Martin. Silent, but got the job done. Old-school power runner.

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

I agree, I like C Mart, throwback to the RB's of yore. I think he still has some gas in the tank. Sucks it would be with the Jets though. He should have stayed in NE

~ Yeah Cajun, both deserve to be in Canton

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

I have always enjoyed watching Curtis Martin play.. He reminds me alot of Walter Payton.. He was a class act, that got his job done without doing alot of show boating.. I really hope his career isn't finished, but with him getting older, and having knee surgery the last 2 seasons, it is not looking good for him.. Good luck, hope to see you play again someday..

Prophet Guest

Jets are in panic mode.

KFFL
    Jets | Team rumored to have interest in Suggs
    Mon, 7 Aug 2006 18:11:31 -0700

Tom Rock, of New York Newsday, reports the New York Jets are rumored to have an interest in Cleveland Browns RB Lee Suggs.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

I wonder if Curtis is done done done done??

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Jets | Team may have interest in M. Turner
    Tue, 8 Aug 2006 18:01:31 -0700

Ken Berger, of Newsday, reports the New York Jets may have an interest in San Diego Chargers RB Michael Turner. He worked with Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer the past two seasons in San Diego.

Jets | Team may have interest in Shipp
    Tue, 8 Aug 2006 18:00:03 -0700

Ken Berger, of Newsday, reports the New York Jets may have an interest in Arizona Cardinals RB Marcel Shipp.

Jets | Martin has bone-on-bone condition
    Tue, 8 Aug 2006 17:59:22 -0700

Ken Berger, of Newsday, reports New York Jets RB Curtis Martin (knee) has a "bone-on-bone" condition in his surgically repaired right knee. The team's coaching staff is now wondering if he can play at all in 2006. "The guy is bone-on-bone on the knee and can't play," a person with knowledge of Martin's injury said Tuesday, speaking on condition of anonymity. "No one has said he's not going to play, but I don't know how much more they're going to get out of the guy." The person confirmed earlier reports that Martin has virtually no cartilage in his right knee, which was repaired arthroscopically in December. Martin was seen walking with a distinct limp Sunday, Aug. 6, at Giants Stadium, where the Jets held an intrasquad scrimmage. It was quite a contrast to the last time reporters saw Martin for any extended period, at the June minicamp, when he ran and performed individual drills.

Jets | Martin still rehabbing
    Tue, 8 Aug 2006 15:12:24 -0700

New York Jets RB Curtis Martin (knee) has not had any change in his injury status, but continues to rehab, according to head coach Eric Mangini. "The approach is we're looking for him to be ready to perform," said Mangini. "Player safety is very important to us. Any time that a player has an injury, we're going to approach it exactly the same way and make sure that the player is able to go out and do the things that he needs to do to be productive and to help us win. That's why we're looking into and being smart with all injuries."

damien927 is offline Asst. Coach

that's too bad.... WHat were the Jets thinking in the draft..... did they draft any rb's at all? Martin did the right thing in telling them to go after a rb, maybe he should run the team after he retires. It is pretty obvious he has a clue, and the Jets do not.

Thanks Lotza!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    Jets are in panic mode.

KFFL
    Jets | Team rumored to have interest in Suggs
    Mon, 7 Aug 2006 18:11:31 -0700

Tom Rock, of New York Newsday, reports the New York Jets are rumored to have an interest in Cleveland Browns RB Lee Suggs.
    You're not truly in panic mode until you call Maurice Clarett's agent.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast