Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Bush wants #1-type coinage.

He needs to take his #2 money. It won't make him poor.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Being second best can be a bitch sometimes, can't it........Can't believe he would, then again maybe I can, play that card....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

I think holding out would hurt Reggie more than other players. He went to the media real quick saying he didn't want to holdout and said he wanted to help N.O. out so much (which is very admirable) but now he's starting to back out of his word? He hasn't even played a game. If he holds out, it will kill his Savior image he's looking for and may turn fans against him, especially after he said how he told his agent to avoid it "at all costs". He'd be best to let it ride one year, then if he proves himself 1st pick worthy in the big boys' league, then he can get the money.

100 posts, woot!
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Maybe they should offer him #5 money...since he wants to wear #5 so bad!!! :evil4:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Saints | Contract talks with R. Bush continue
    Wed, 19 Jul 2006 05:50:54 -0700

Mike Triplett, of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, reports it's still far too early to expect any progress in the New Orleans Saints rookie RB Reggie Bush's contract talks. Saints general manager Mickey Loomis and Bush's agent, Joel Segal, have declined to discuss details of the negotiations. "We are making progress," Loomis said of the entire Saints' rookie class, of which three of the eight have either signed or agreed to terms. "I expect the majority, if not all, of the rookies to be done in time for camp." Bush originally stressed that he wanted to do "whatever it takes" to get into training camp on time, but later he clarified that it will be a sound business decision. Chances are Bush's deal will be for five or six years, between $40 million and $50 million, with between $20 million and $25 million guaranteed.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePeopleEaters89" wrote:
    i don't like when players hold out of camp, but Bush does have a point. he should get top coinage, if you really look at, he is New Orleans' savior!! He comes in and is automatically loved by the fans, gives part of his pay check to the Katrina relief fund!! I would give him the cash, he sure has shown that he can play like he deserves it!!!
    He's not giving part of his paycheck from the Saints to the Katrina fund. He's giving part of his jersey sales royalties to the fund. He pledged to give 25%. And then, to get #25 from Fred MacAfee (after his request to get #5 was deined), part of the deal was to give MacAfee HALF of the money from jersey sales. So now Katrina fund only gets 12.5% of what was originally pledged.

"I like Bush's spirit and that he wants to help victims of Katrina so readily. Earlier he had agreed to take 25 percent of the money from his jersey sales, regardless of the number he wore, and donate it to Katrina relief. But in order to get number 25, his new number, Bush agreed to give half of the aforementioned 25 percent to McAfee, who previously wore number 25 for the Saints. That means if Bush makes $350,000 in jersey sales, he'll be donating $43,750 to Katrina relief, not $87,500. That strikes me as a bad deal.

Bush bargained away money he'd previously promised to give to Katrina victims. He's already doing a lot of things to help in New Orleans -- I hear he's going to get his sponsors to resurface an invaluable high school field in the city with Field Turf, which will be a huge plus for the re-establishment of high school in the area -- but that's not the point. The point is, he said he'd give 25 percent and now he's giving 12.5 percent. Not right."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/05/28/mmqb/2.html

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

pepper 0n moss is offline Pro-Bowler

this doesn't make any sense...

he pledged to give the katrina fund 25%, but promises fred mcafee 50%?

priorities don't seem to strike reggie, eh?

fred mcafee should donate half of what he gets from reggie so it'll total the promised 25%.

Del Rio Guest

Well there is 100% to be split up.

He could give away 25% of the total then go half with Mcaffe on what remains.

Then again he could say suck me sideways and give them nothing....because it is charity and not a bill. I'm sure he will be crying over what we think of him while he is sipping his lemonade while lounging in his indoor pool.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

With that rationale, the Packers should have had to pay Rodgers #2 money since he should have been picked right after Alex Smith...maybe even #1 money since many draft gurus had him at the top of their draft boards!

NOT!!!!!

Take your #2 money and play ball, Crybaby Reggie!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Saints | Bush will likely holdout
    Wed, 19 Jul 2006 20:29:48 -0700

Michael Wallace, of The Clarion-Ledger, reports New Orleans Saints RB Reggie Bush will likely be a training camp holdout, according to Bush's marketing agent, Mike Ornstein. Ornstein said Bush and the Saints "probably" won't agree to terms until after training camp starts. Ornstein added, "Do we feel like he'll be there at the start? I'm not sure where we are right now. I'd say probably not, at this stage."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast