Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bush Number 5?

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

Re: Bush Number 5?

Plus i like seeing players change numbers its cool seeing them sport a new look.
    you must be the only one in the world. what about the people who just went out and bought a #17 williamson jersey?
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

Redrouster is offline Pro-Bowler

Three words " He Hate Me"

AngloVike is online now Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    If that is true, then this write needs to "bone up" on the NFL rules before making a big deal out of Moss changing his number.
    That would be a first, a member of the media doing some background checking before writing an article !

This is is the Pro's Bush - what you could do in college doesn't mean that it will happen in the NFL. If the league have any sense then they'll throw this request right back.
    I read somewhere recently about how much his agent was gearing up with endorsements etc based on his number 5. This is all about Bush, his agent and money - not necessarily in that order ! The 25% for the Katrina fund is a front
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

whoever wrote that was a complete dumbass... he thinks just because randy moss' number switched from 84 to 18 is why his jerseys were flying off the shelves and bringin in a shit load of cash..

um.. no. its because randy moss was the most explosive WR in football for 7 (or 6 since he was injured) years. when he switched teams, all oakland fans had to have a jersey.. even if he kept the same number, they would have sold like mad...

numbers dont make the player

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

This is a non-story. The NFL will turn down this request. Reggie will NOT have to give up ANY money. But he will come out looking like the good guy the league the bad guy. Let's be honset Tom Benson and the Saints need all the postive PR they can get.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

mnrockstar is offline Rookie

"mr.woo" wrote:
    Plus i like seeing players change numbers its cool seeing them sport a new look.
    you must be the only one in the world. what about the people who just went out and bought a #17 williamson jersey?
    uhh... Troy Williamson was #19...

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"mr.woo" wrote:
    You'd have to be a stupid MoFo to buy a #17 Williamson jersey!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:
    You'd have to be a stupid MoFo to buy a #17 Williamson jersey!
    :laughing3: :sign5:

I busted a gut when I read that!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

I think that Reggie should be able to wear number 5. Who really cares what number you wear. I don't anyway. I reciever should be able to wear the teen numbers to. I like the teen numbers on receivers.

ajefx is offline Rookie

"Benet" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Benet" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    That left the jerseys with numbers up to 19, for quarterbacks, punters and kickers
    K-Rob was number 18 last year & listed as a WR.
    WR's are allowed now to take numbers 11 thru 19 as well as 80 thru 89 because franchises have retired a lot of former WR's numbers, and they were running out of numbers to give to WR's.
    Wide receivers are dictated to wear numbers in the 80s, under the NFL's rules.

Randy Moss was given permission to sport No. 18 for the Raiders after he was traded by the Minnesota Vikings. Keyshawn Johnson has worn No. 19 with the New York Jets and Dallas Cowboys.
    If that is true, then this write needs to "bone up" on the NFL rules before making a big deal out of Moss changing his number.
    I remember articles being published last year with comments from Wide Receivers about the availability of numbers in the teens. Roy Williams wears 11 for the Lions, but I can't think of any others at the moment. I remember one quote being something along the lines of number 11 being the most popular number because it was the lowest and it was totally symmetrical and it looked "cool" on the jerseys.
    Up until 2004, receivers could wear numbers in the 80s, and only go into the teens IF all the numbers in the 80s were taken. Keyshawn petitioned the league to wear 19, lost, and had to pay a fine each week to wear it.

However, in 2004, the league decided it was OK for any receiver to wear a number in the teens, regardless of whether or not all the 80s were being used. That year, Larry Fitzgerald, Kellen Winslow and Roy Williams most notably entered the league and wore numbers in the teens. So when Moss was traded to Oakland, the rules no longer prohibited receivers to wear numbers in the teens.
    <<Hates Ted Cottrell with a passion

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast