Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    brbitker is offline Rookie

Bush contemplating not signing!

Saints | Bush contemplating not signing?
    Fri, 21 Jul 2006 21:33:34 -0700

Jason Cole, of Yahoo Sports, reports there has been some talk of New Orleans Saints rookie RB Reggie Bush not signing in time for training camp. Now, a league source said Bush is toying with the idea of sitting out the entire season and going back in the NFL Draft in 2007 if he doesn't get his price. "No player has ever had the kind of leverage that Reggie Bush has right now," the source said. "The Saints made it clear what they were willing to do before and now we'll see if they're going to get there." Two sources said that talks between the Saints and agent Joel Segal have been nearly non-existent. Wednesday, July 19, Mike Ornstein, who is Bush's marketing agent, told the Clarion-Ledger of Jackson, Miss., that he didn't think Bush would be signed in time for camp. Ornstein is not allowed to negotiate contracts, but he is acutely aware of all of Bush's business matters. Bush supposedly has more than $5 million in the bank from multiple endorsement deals Ornstein has negotiated since Bush left the University of Southern California. Bush could probably sit out 2006 and still be a high pick next year.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Bush contemplating not signing!

He does that and he will be atop my Sh!t list...even higher than Eli Manning or T-HO!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"cajunvike" wrote:
    He does that and he will be atop my Sh!t list...even higher than Eli Manning or T-HO!!!
    :evil: :evil: :evil: Eli Manning!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
    And holding out the season and entering the 2007 draft? That has got to be one of the stupidest things I have EVER heard!!!
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"farvathevikinglover" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    :evil: :evil: :evil: Eli Manning!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
    And holding out the season and entering the 2007 draft? That has got to be one of the stupidest things I have EVER heard!!!
    Yeah...F*** Bush...ALL THREE TYPES!!! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

I think all his talent and hype have gone to his head a little. Has anyone ever considered doing that before? And can you imagine how big his ego would get if he did it and then his team won the Super Bowl or something? I would root against him in hopes that he'll suck and not be such a big-headed sob.
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

oddmanout22287 is offline Pro-Bowler

Can he even technically re-enter the draft in '07? I'm sure NO could trade his rights to someone easily... he's Reggie F'in Bush. This is a total douche move though, I can't beleive that a**hole!
    PM me if you'd like a sig.

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

I don't know. In the era of T.O. I really don't think that the NFL wants another selfish, disruptive basket case.
    Maybe holding out isn't such a good idea. After all, he was the No.2 pick in the draft this year regardless of what he(Bush) thinks and it's probable that he'll fall even farther, because of his attitude, in next year's draft.

YogidAbEAR is offline Star Spokesman

good call, nobody wants to play for the saints, hold out for the vikings!

brbitker is offline Rookie

"oddmanout22287" wrote:
    Can he even technically re-enter the draft in '07? I'm sure NO could trade his rights to someone easily... he's Reggie F'in Bush. This is a total douche move though, I can't beleive that a**hole!
    He can re-enter the '07 draft if he doesn't sign a contract his rookie year. Drew Henson almost did that but ended up signing towards the end of the season so the Texans could trade him to the Cowboys.

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

This is all leverage. I'd be shocked if thats what he actually does. This type of talk puts the pressure on the Saints to step up with their checkbook. I would lose all respect for him if he skips the season but I don't think thats what he's really planning on doing. That type of talk will probably get him what he wants.

[color=red]

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast