Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Freya is offline Team Alumni

Re: Burress gets two years at sentencing in gun case

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Freya" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I am very opposed to gun control and despise the concept of registration, so I feel the sentence was harsh. But it is New York City so in a way nothing surprises me.
    An establishment has a right to ban guns from the premises, whatever the laws may be. Equally, a person has a right to feel safe in said establishment and not feel the need to carry a weapon.

More importantly imo, someone who shoots them self, in no way, shape or form should be allowed to carry a weapon. ever.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I know I spend a large part of my time around people who have firearms and there is never a time when I don't feel safe. Then again I can go to a bar full of assholes without guns and still wonder if they have a knife, broken bottle, pool cues etc. that could be used offensively.

As for the last line, that is a pretty broad generalization IMO. There are cases where I am sure I would agree with you but probably not 100%
    Ok. Except that wasn't an opinion, that was fact. A business can ban guns. Period.
    Now here goes an opinion..........
    in a bar full of assholes, I like my chances against any one of those items you mentioned, better than i like them against a drunk with a gun.
    As for my broad generalization......... I think anyone who is so inept on the trigger as to shoot themselves, really needs to be removed from ANY weapon that requires the slightest amount of technique to operate. For their own, and the general public's safety. Especially if they can't follow SIMPLE rules like filling out a registration.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Burress gets two years at sentencing in gun case

"Freya" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Freya" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I am very opposed to gun control and despise the concept of registration, so I feel the sentence was harsh. But it is New York City so in a way nothing surprises me.
    An establishment has a right to ban guns from the premises, whatever the laws may be. Equally, a person has a right to feel safe in said establishment and not feel the need to carry a weapon.

More importantly imo, someone who shoots them self, in no way, shape or form should be allowed to carry a weapon. ever.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I know I spend a large part of my time around people who have firearms and there is never a time when I don't feel safe. Then again I can go to a bar full of assholes without guns and still wonder if they have a knife, broken bottle, pool cues etc. that could be used offensively.

As for the last line, that is a pretty broad generalization IMO. There are cases where I am sure I would agree with you but probably not 100%
    Ok. Except that wasn't an opinion, that was fact. A business can ban guns. Period.
    Now here goes an opinion..........
    in a bar full of assholes, I like my chances against any one of those items you mentioned, better than i like them against a drunk with a gun.
    As for my broad generalization......... I think anyone who is so inept on the trigger as to shoot themselves, really needs to be removed from ANY weapon that requires the slightest amount of technique to operate. For their own, and the general public's safety. Especially if they can't follow SIMPLE rules like filling out a registration.

The opinion I was referring to was the feeling safe part.

As to you and your chances, that is fine. I OTOH like my chances when I have a firearm that I can use when needed. To each their own.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123