Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

The Bungels Implode (Crow Eating Satisfaction Guaranteed)

That is my boldest prediction for the year.

I know Marvin Lewis has done a lot for that team in the past several years, and they've gotten better and better, but I think the Bengals are going to have a lot of problems this year. Here's why:

1. Carson Palmer- Palmer's knee looked a lot worse than Daunte's at first look, and it came 2 months afterward. He's been throwing, but with a torn ACL and MCL I have a hard time believing that he's going to be in shape to play at the beginning of the year.

2. Backup Quarterback- If you couple reason #1 with reason #2, it is starting to look bad for the Bengals. They have Doug Johnson and Anthony Wright as backups, who are both decent, but both had plenty of shots in Atlanta and Baltimore respectively and each found a way to screw it up. I have very little faith in their ability to win games for the Bengals.

3. Personalities- The Bengals have a lot of troubled players on their team and as we've seen with teams in the past, when you get too many trouble makers in one place problems usually ensue.

Chad Johnson is a hell of a player and his constant trash talking has been entertaining, but I think that may catch up to him this year. You can only put up with the loud mouths for so long before they start to cause problems either on or off the field. (See Owens, Terrell or Smoot, Fred)

In April they drafted AJ Nicholson in the 5th round. Nicholson was sent home from the Orange Bowl in January for taking a woman to his hotel room, which was against team policy. That same woman accused him of sexual assault. He was also arrested charged with grand theft and felony burglary for robbing the house of a FSU teammate.

Frostee Rucker, their rookie defensive lineman, was arrested and charged with spousal battery and vandalism.

They just drafted Ahmad Brooks in the supplemental draft who was dismissed from Virginia last year for substance abuse and was arrested in 2003 for marijuana possession.

Chris Henry (their 3rd wide receiver) has been arrested 4 times in 6 months and has been charged with drunk driving, marijuana possession, carrying a concealed weapon, reckless endangerment, alleged sexual assault and providing alcohol to three girls under the age of 21.

Starting linebacker Odell Thurman was suspended recently for 4 games for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.

The Bengals are a veritable who's who of arrests and potential jailtime. With this many off the field issues and seemingly bad guys, I think they could run into some trouble this year.

boognish is offline Coordinator

Re: The Bungels Will Implode This Year

You might want to post this in the "eating crow" thread too :grin:
    I am a dipshit!!!

Re: The Bungels Will Implode This Year

"boognish" wrote:
    You might want to post this in the "eating crow" thread too :grin:
    Ha! True. :grin:

I changed the title of the thread to reflect this possibility. :lol:

Prophet Guest

Re: The Bungels Implode (Crow Eating Satisfaction Guaranteed)

The Bengals certainly have the ingredients to implode. They just may buy into the team chemistry concept and think that a 53-man thug roster will gell. If you need to eat crow, I have some good recipes.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I have to agree with you Lltrey33. And living close to the Cincinnati area and getting their local channels, the news stations in the area aren't too thrilled about what's happening either.
    One thing you forgot to mention was Chad Johnson's explosion in the locker room at halftime of the Steeler's playoff game last year. Lewis refused to talk about it but everyone knew it happened and he hit an assistant coach. Other players confirmed the story. When Lewis failed to take some action against Johnson, I think he failed the whole team.
    We'll just have to wait and see but I see plenty of Bengal fans who are fed up.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Re: The Bungels Implode (Crow Eating Satisfaction Guaranteed

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I have to agree with you Lltrey33. And living close to the Cincinnati area and getting their local channels, the news stations in the area aren't too thrilled about what's happening either.
    One thing you forgot to mention was Chad Johnson's explosion in the locker room at halftime of the Steeler's playoff game last year. Lewis refused to talk about it but everyone knew it happened and he hit an assistant coach. Other players confirmed the story. When Lewis failed to take some action against Johnson, I think he failed the whole team.
    We'll just have to wait and see but I see plenty of Bengal fans who are fed up.
    I forgot about that Cojo! That's a good point.

I am really surprised about the way Marvin Lewis handles these guys. I would really think with that many personality and legal problems that more suspensions would be handed out. I've barely seen anything in the way of punishment. I really expected him to be an Andy Reid or Bill Parcells type.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

I could see this all happening. You never know. They could be great they could be terrible. A lot like us next year in that sense.

Prophet Guest

Re: The Bungels Implode (Crow Eating Satisfaction Guaranteed

On a related note...

KFFL
    Bengals | M. Brown issues statement regarding club's character
    Fri, 14 Jul 2006 17:05:07 -0700

Chick Ludwig, of the Dayton Daily News, reports Cincinnati Bengals owner Mike Brown issued a statement regarding the club's character issue. Brown said, "We want our fans to know that we share their concerns regarding the recent off-field conduct of several Bengals players. We expect our players to be good citizens, as most are, and we hold them accountable for their conduct under team and league rules. We are closely monitoring these matters. All are currently pending and they will be addressed in accordance with the NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement, including possible disciplinary action. Regarding this week's selection of [LB] Ahmad Brooks in the supplemental draft, we are aware of no pending allegations of any kind against Ahmad. The club's judgment is that any past transgressions were insufficient to deny him an opportunity to prove himself as a responsible NFL player. Coach Lewis and I look forward to meeting with our local media at our annual Pre-Training Camp Luncheon on July 26. As usual at this event, we will both be available to respond to any and all

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Chris Henry (their 3rd wide receiver) has been arrested 4 times in 6 months for drunk driving, marijuana possession, carrying a concealed weapon, reckless endangerment and alleged sexual assault of a 15 and 16 year old girl.
    jesus........................

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    Chris Henry (their 3rd wide receiver) has been arrested 4 times in 6 months for drunk driving, marijuana possession, carrying a concealed weapon, reckless endangerment and alleged sexual assault of a 15 and 16 year old girl.
    jesus........................
    Really, talk about breaking the law when ou have things perfect in your life. (Well almost perfect)

Thank you Josdin for the sig

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast