singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Bucs shopping Clayton? You bet. And others

[size=13pt]Bucs shopping Clayton? You bet. And others[/size]

August 29, 2007
    tampabay.com

Don't be surprised by the report on the NFL Network that the Bucs are shopping receiver Michael Clayton......

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Bucs shopping Clayton? You bet. And others

I don't want anything to do with him.I thought after his rookie year he was the real deal.However his 'sophomore' jinx has grown past his sophomore year.The Bucs are a team that is sitting in a weird place.They need to win now pretty much, but they are just to young on O and D to do that.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Just another WR that showed alot of promise but hasn't produced.

Makes one wonder if he got caught up in a bad scheme that he doesn't fit or if the team just has better players ahead of him.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr." wrote:
    I don't want anything to do with him.I thought after his rookie year he was the real deal.However his 'sophomore' jinx has grown past his sophomore year.The Bucs are a team that is sitting in a weird place.They need to win now pretty much, but they are just to young on O and D to do that.
    Are we any older?
    Mark Clayton would be an upgrade as far as proven WRs.
    At least we know what we would be getting.
    Right now there's a lot of question marks with the WRs on the Vikings.
    Not that there isn't a lot of potential because there is.
    I like that Ferguson was brought in to add stability to the position (as long as he stays healthy).
    But if he doesn't than we go back to having all the doubts.
    I wouldn't mind Clayton but if the price is too high I don't think, nor would I want, the trigger to be pulled for a trade.

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

We don't need another WR with 1 Touchdown in two seasons . . . we've already got plenty of those!
    ;D

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"Mr." wrote:
    I don't believe we should trade for him, but I don't think you can blame him for bad numbers last season.
    Simms got put out for the season early and they played most of the season with Bruce Gradkowski a rookie out of Toledo.
    There Quarterback play was worse than ours last year.
    I know that is hard to believe.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

"ejmat" wrote:
    "Mr." wrote:
    Are we any older?
    Mark Clayton would be an upgrade as far as proven WRs.
    At least we know what we would be getting.
    Right now there's a lot of question marks with the WRs on the Vikings.
    Not that there isn't a lot of potential because there is.
    I like that Ferguson was brought in to add stability to the position (as long as he stays healthy).
    But if he doesn't than we go back to having all the doubts.
    I wouldn't mind Clayton but if the price is too high I don't think, nor would I want, the trigger to be pulled for a trade.

Yeah I say in allot of ways we are.The Bucs are a team with about 4 or 5 dinosaur players, and the rest are fresh off the boat. Gruden needs to win now to save his arse, hes walking on thin ice down here in Tampa.I honestly truly believe our WR core is alot better then Tampa's.Them getting rid of Clayton is crazy unless its in exchange for another WR.I remember how in love with Clayton
    Gruden was 3 years ago.My point is also that while we and Tampa are alike in the since we have alot of young talent.Gruden has put himself in position where he needs to win now.Hes brought in players on the exit to make players just entering win.Thats just not gonna work.Who will Garcia throw too? Who will back up Cadillac when he gets hurt from ALL the carries Gruden will feed him.Not Pittman, hes a bum.I just think that the Bucs are a team that is in a terrible position.They arnt gonna get they're
    valued veteran players a ring any time soon.So why go out and get Garcia who is 38? And then try and trade around your only semi proven WR? Glad i'm not a Buc's fan.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater