Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: BUCS RE-SIGN BENNETT

"Mr" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I always liked him because he was a Wisconsin guy. He attended Milwaukee Tech in high School and our school played against him often when he was a track star. I remember watching him run many of times. He was a big thing in Milwaukee. Bennett was clocked running a 4.13 40 yard dash in his pro day workout at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. This is actually one of the fastest 40-yd-dash times officially recorded.
    No, that's ridiculous. He was incredibly fast, 9.91 100m, but read this. I took it from wikipedia.

Although the 40-yard dash is not an official race in track and field, the 60 meter dash is an official distance in indoor track and field, with the world record for that race being 6.39 seconds (run twice by Maurice Greene, and once by Ben Johnson, whose record was annulled for Steroids). The fastest 60m split time is probably 6.32 seconds by Asafa Powell, in his 9.74 second 100m World Record run in Rieti, Italy. Fast starting elite sprinters such as Powell (and others past and present) can run a "Football 40" close to 4 seconds, because the sprinter does not have to react to the sound of the gun, and the starter has to react to their movement before the clock starts. In the 2001 World Championship 100m final in Edmonton, Greene covered 30m in 3.75 seconds running time and 40m in 4.64 seconds running time, putting his 40 yard (36.576m) running time at about 4.24 seconds. Given a hypothetical timer's reaction time to Greene's motion, Greene's "Football 40" time for this race would have been between 4.00 and 4.14 seconds.

There actually is no single, "official" 40 time at the NFL Combine. National Scouting, which runs the combine, provides three times per run, two fully hand-held and one stopped electronically. Each player may run twice, thereby yielding a potential six times. National Scouting provides all six of these times to NFL teams. The teams then do what they want with those times, or ignore them. Some teams use the best electronic time. Some teams throw out the fastest and slowest and average the rest. Some teams use the best time provided. And some teams use a time provided by their own scout on site.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/40_yard_dash
    Micheal Bennett still holds the Wisconsin High School track records in the 100 and 200 meter. His times were 10.33 and 20.68 in 1998. I still remember that, it was my senior year. In college his personal bests were 10.18 and 20.66.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Good for Mike

He was exciting to watch

Never a great runner.. But if you gave him a crease and he got going, no one would catch him

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Bennett.........sucks!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Bennett was one dimensional and only fast in one way (which isn't that usefull as a football player).
    I liked his attitude, but quickly tired of his typical 1-2 yard runs into the back of the offensive line...

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

AD is just as fast as Bennett, but isn't afraid of contact!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12