Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Browns WR Stallworth hits, kills Fla. pedestrian

Video of Donte' Stallworth minutes after fatal crash on Miami Beach

http://www.miamiherald.com/459/story/951343.html

Sounds like the paper is getting alot of heat for it. Although the vide really does not shopw much of anything.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/15/herald-crosses-the-line-with-stallworth-video/

The Miami Herald has posted at its web site video of the aftermath of Saturday’s collision involving Donte’ Stallworth’s Bentley and 59-year-old Mario Reyes.

The video — which appears with a disclaimer that the images are graphic — includes shots of emergency workers attempting to revive Mr. Reyes, who would later die.

The video also shows Stallworth, standing on the sidewalk as police shine a light into his eyes as part of a field sobriety test.

The video doesn’t really show much of anything worth much of anything.
    So why in the hell did they post it?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Garland" wrote:

Sounds like the paper is getting alot of heat for it. Although the vide really does not shopw much of anything.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/15/herald-crosses-the-line-with-stallworth-video/

The Miami Herald has posted at its web site video of the aftermath of Saturday’s collision involving Donte’ Stallworth’s Bentley and 59-year-old Mario Reyes.

The video — which appears with a disclaimer that the images are graphic — includes shots of emergency workers attempting to revive Mr. Reyes, who would later die.

The video also shows Stallworth, standing on the sidewalk as police shine a light into his eyes as part of a field sobriety test.

To create controversy by showing the sobriety test. The headline alone will attract viewers to their site.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:

To create controversy by showing the sobriety test. The headline alone will attract viewers to their site.
    As the pending doom for all the big papers looms, most, will do anything to keep thier circulation going.

I for one will celebrate the day some of these rags go away.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

[size=15pt]Report Says Drinking or Not - Stallworth Seems Headed for Charges[/size]

http://www.brownsgab.com/2009/03/16/...d-for-charges/

Looks like the initial reports this weekend (I heard on Sirius) that the charges were to be dropped might have missed the mark a bit.... :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Marrdro" wrote:
    [size=15pt]Report Says Drinking or Not - Stallworth Seems Headed for Charges[/size]

http://www.brownsgab.com/2009/03/16/...d-for-charges/

Looks like the initial reports this weekend (I heard on Sirius) that the charges were to be dropped might have missed the mark a bit.... :
    The fact that the police are discussing that charges will be brought regardless of whether or not he was under the influence is very unprofessional. They should say that they are waiting for all the evidence to surface.

Although, I've lived in FLA for a couple of years... the police force in Miami is questionable... at best.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

I heard he was trying to drive around another car that was stopping at a yellow light trying to beat the red light... dude was already in the cross walk... i'm sure his vision was impaired by the car he was trying to go around (that's prob why he stopped) and didn't have time to slow down for the guy...

what a shame!

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    I heard he was trying to drive around another car that was stopping at a yellow light trying to beat the red light... dude was already in the cross walk... i'm sure his vision was impaired by the car he was trying to go around (that's prob why he stopped) and didn't have time to slow down for the guy...

what a shame!
    Not trying to take anything away from what happened but why was the guy in the cross walk going againt the light?

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Garland" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:

what a shame!
    Not trying to take anything away from what happened but why was the guy in the cross walk going againt the light?
    it's miami at 7AM.. probably the same thing you would be doing at that time... after a night of drinking you stumble to get that piece of Pizza on the corner of washington and 9th st. before going to bed... still drunk as shit and all you can think of is getting to yur bed as fast as you can... one car stops for you as the light is about to turn red. when all of a sudden..

[size=15pt]POW[/size]

it could happen to anybody!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:

what a shame!
    it's miami at 7AM.. probably the same thing you would be doing at that time... after a night of drinking you stumble to get that piece of Pizza on the corner of washington and 9th st. before going to bed... still drunk as shit and all you can think of is getting to yur bed as fast as you can... one car stops for you as the light is about to turn red. when all of a sudden..

[size=15pt]POW[/size]

it could happen to anybody!
    Not really. If the light is yellow & the car ahead of you is stopping for the red light, you don't drive around him to try & beat the red light. It's illegal to do so whether you are impaired or not.

It is also illegal to drive around a vehicle that is stopped for someone waiting for a pedestrian to cross the street.

It is also illegal to drive around a vehicle at an intersection.

The pedestrian also should not have been in the crosswalk in the light was not green his way.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/06/04/stallworth-plea.ap/index.html

[size=12pt]Stallworth pleads not guilty [/size]
    Posted: Thursday June 4, 2009 10:24AM; Updated: Thursday June 4, 2009 10:24AM

MIAMI (AP) -- Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte' Stallworth is pleading not guilty to DUI manslaughter charges from a fatal Miami car crash in which a pedestrian died.

The plea was entered at a brief court hearing Thursday by defense attorney Christopher Lyons. The 28-year-old Stallworth did not appear in court. A trial date has not been set.

Stallworth faces up to 15 years if convicted. Police say Stallworth was driving drunk after a night on the town when he struck and killed 59-year-old Mario Reyes on a Miami Beach causeway.
    Shocker!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast