Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Cool Browns trade Trent Richardson

To the Colts.

Cleveland Browns trade Trent Richardson to Indianapolis Colts - ESPN

The Cleveland Browns traded running back Trent Richardson to the Indianapolis Colts on Wednesday, a stunning move just two games into this season and only one year after drafting him in the first round.

The deal was first reported by ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Richardson was dealt for a first-round selection in next year's draft, when the Browns will have two opening-round picks. Cleveland is rebuilding and the team hopes to use that pick to help turn around a floundering franchise mired in losing for more than a decade.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    In four days, we play a team who traded their franchise player, and who is starting a quarterback with one NFL game under their belt. We better as hell win, otherwise we are one sorry-ass team.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    So they traded up a spot and to get him and now they've moved him to ensure they get the first overall pick......Haslam is one wheeler dealer....he defrauded millions in gas and other types of rebates and now the 2013 Browns season ticket holders....well its not like the Browns fans aren't used to it year after year

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    Looks like the browns are loading up for Bridgewater or Mariota.. They realize they need a Franchise QB to succeed.. Hopefully we get one of the top 4 Qbs in Bridgewater Mariota Hundley and Boyd.. I swear if we lose to the browns I will jump off a cliff.. They shouldnt even fucking score..

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SharperImage View Post
    Looks like the browns are loading up for Bridgewater or Mariota.. They realize they need a Franchise QB to succeed.. Hopefully we get one of the top 4 Qbs in Bridgewater Mariota Hundley and Boyd.. I swear if we lose to the browns I will jump off a cliff.. They shouldnt even fucking score..
    Vikings aren't going to give up on getting a QB either and rumors abound they will start the Webbs, Joe and J'Marcus

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Browns are doing exactly what they need to do to get their franchise QB in next years draft. Franchise QB is far more important than a franchise running back; wouldn't you agree ?
    Browns want to lose and the Vikings will oblige them.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Surprised this type of thing doesn't happen every year, this could be a start of a trend. With the rookie wage scale as it is getting a young franchise QB is more important than ever.

If it does become a trend I could the league making changes to stop it, possibly a draft lottery. Having teams tanking on purpose is very bad for the league.

The Colts are the big winners here. They have the #1 and #3 picks from the 2012 draft.
    The Salary cap hit for both players is:
    $6,190,446 for 2013
    $8,282,162 for 2014
    $10,218,425 for 2015

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Wow. Sure his average per carry isn't great, but look at that OL and QB situation...not much help either! And, kid caught over 50 passes as a rookie for over 7 yards/catch, a true multi-threat capable of getting better. I have him in one FF League, and I am stoked by how many more goalline carries he will get from Luck than CLE's mess at QB!!

But don't get too set on winning an easy game this week, their defense is actually pretty freaking good, only allowing 18 pts/game and ranking 6th in yards allowed. We best come focused in all three phases and plan on putting a beating on them the old fashioned way, with focus, grit and effort.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    Wow. Sure his average per carry isn't great, but look at that OL and QB situation...not much help either! And, kid caught over 50 passes as a rookie for over 7 yards/catch, a true multi-threat capable of getting better. I have him in one FF League, and I am stoked by how many more goalline carries he will get from Luck than CLE's mess at QB!!

But don't get too set on winning an easy game this week, their defense is actually pretty freaking good, only allowing 18 pts/game and ranking 6th in yards allowed. We best come focused in all three phases and plan on putting a beating on them the old fashioned way, with focus, grit and effort.
    I agree. I predict a 20-13 blue-collar victory for the Vikings Sunday.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post

Keep in mind, they played a gutless Ravens team who couldn't rush their way out of a wet paper bag, and the Dolphins, who have their share of growing pains like any young team. The Browns haven't done anything yet IMO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast