Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Browns to move Brady Quinn and Braylon Edwards?

Bring Quinn to MN, Yeah baby!

I think you should go Ditka on them and trade your entire draft plus some picks next year for Quinn.

No, seriously. That would make you very dangerous. Looking at how he played last year, I was pretty impressed. He can get it done, I'm sure about that, especially with AP behind him and Berrian stretching the field. Insert a good possesion receiver and it'll be quite scary, indeed.

"thatjusthappened28" wrote:
    i'd give up next years 1st for Quinn. than draft Kenny Britt to solidify our WR's a little more. I'd love that.

plus that pick won't be a great pick anyway... it'll be the 32nd pick in the 2010 draft if we acquire him haha.
    We all know that that would be the 31st pick, because the Vikings can't actually win superbowls.
    :-*
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"thatjusthappened28" wrote:
    i'd give up next years 1st for Quinn. than draft Kenny Britt to solidify our WR's a little more. I'd love that.

plus that pick won't be a great pick anyway... it'll be the 32nd pick in the 2010 draft if we acquire him haha.

but what would be fair? a 1st and maybe a late rounder? or just a first hopefully. any ideas?
    Britt may actually be available as a 2nd rounder. I don't see how he keeps getting put in the 1st by some experts but I guess thats why they call them experts LOL.

Weird I seriously had a dream last night that we did a 3 way trad with The Cards and Browns.
    We got Boldin and Quinn and the Cards Edwards. Threre were some other players in the mix and we also got picks and ended up with the 2 picks of teh Browns for our second and then the Cards second. It was one of those realistic dreams that was weird. I was trying to tell everyone on PPO about it and I couldn't post it. And I was trying to tell everyone in the yell and nobody believed me because it wqas either 2 good to be true or people thought it was 2 much to give up. I want to say it was CT to the Cards and some D-line and O-line from us to the Browns. God this is going to bug me for not remembering

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

I don't see any proof that this guy would be any better than what we have. I guess if 4 career games with 2 TD's and 2 picks is proof of being a good QB, T-Jack is a God.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

mewario is offline Starter

"Tad7" wrote:
    I don't see any proof that this guy would be any better than what we have. I guess if 4 career games with 2 TD's and 2 picks is proof of being a good QB, T-Jack is a God.
    Just in watching his debut game last year he showed a lot of poise and passing ability to me.
    He can move real well too, avoiding the rush.
    (something thats important with our cluster at RT).
    Then he injured his finger on his throwing hand and wasn't the same again until he was shut down.
    He's the real deal, I was sad when we couldn't get him for two first rounders last year.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Trade Taylor and Rosenfels or Jackson for Quinn and Edwards. Everybody gets something they need for this season.

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    Wow, if they move both of them in one trade that will redefine blockbuster.

I don't know how I feel about Edwards with his dropsies lately. And Quinn I'm not sold on, but I'm definitely willing to take a risk but not more than a single first round pick, preferably in next year's draft, but if they're trying to move him they probably have someone in mind.
    I'd prefer this years draft.
    There's not really anybody I'm sold on in this years draft.
    Agreed.
    There is a lot of possible talent in next years draft class.

I don't know what all the hype is on these WR's.
    None of them really impress me.

Here's an article I found interesting.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Harvin-Britt-Nicks-will-not-be-first-round-pic;_ylt=Asu7rT0qeWwYzw0y34b8VExDubYF?urn=nfl,1551 25

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

I'm unsure about Edwards and Quinn, but in all honesty I'd be happy to get either, particularly Quinn.
    Even though he hasn't played much, and it'd be a risk because of the limited knowledge, he played pretty decent considering they were his first NFL games.
    Something about Quinn just seems like he could be very good, I don't know why, I just have that feeling.
    I support Tarvaris, but I think if Quinn is available, I don't know if I'd want us to pass him up.

Hell, Kellen Winslow said after he was traded that Quinn should be the Browns starter, that says something to me.
    As long as we're not giving up the house for him, I say go for it.

No way I'm getting my hopes up here though.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"mewario" wrote:
    "Tad7" wrote:
    Just in watching his debut game last year he showed a lot of poise and passing ability to me.
    He can move real well too, avoiding the rush.
    (something thats important with our cluster at RT).
    Then he injured his finger on his throwing hand and wasn't the same again until he was shut down.
    He's the real deal, I was sad when we couldn't get him for two first rounders last year.
    He definitely doesn't have any spectacular credentials, but he hasn't had a ton of opportunity to prove himself. In the time that he HAS seen though, he's looked solid.

Plus, you have to look at potential and upside. I mean, he was a first round pick (some thought he'd go #1 overall at points in his senior year), he played big time division 1 football, is very athletic and seems to have a good head on his shoulders. So there is reason to think he COULD be better than both Sage and Tarvaris.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

I don't see how. If being poised is completing less than half your passes, I think we're set. There's reason to think quarterbacks we have are better than him as well. Trading a first rounder and maybe more for a player there's very very very little idea about sounds insane to me.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast