Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Browns looking to deal Brady Quinn

Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Mark_The_Viking wrote:
    Ranger wrote:
    It's really hard for me to judge one of them as being the better quarterback.

I'd like to see T-Jack have one more go at it, this time with a Rice who has finally put it all together, Harvin and AD. The potential there is pretty outstanding. I'd also be interested in how Quinn would do with that.

Quinn's accuracy issues are with the deep ball, which...well, is pretty awful. Out of bounds bad, iirc. Out of bounds two times in a row. However, as a WC offense qb, that doesn't matter as much.

I'm a bit nervous because the team is built to win sooner rather than later, and it's not like we can mess around rotating a million quarterbacks in before some key players start to decline.

What about Sage? I'd be curious to see him get extended reps as well. I guess with the offensive weapons we have now (weird how it used to be just Chester!), I'd like to see a ton of quarterbacks run at it and see who proves to be the man. Not realistic, but it'd make for a pretty epic qb competition.
    Up until this last season I was with you on giving Tjack another shot, however with a year under Brett Favre he still came out with jump passes and poor decision making. I think it's time to cut our losses and consider life without TJ or Favre for that matter. either way at some point we will have to get a franchise quality QB and it might as well be now.

We have been slow in FA even though I understand that the Taylor trade opened things up for us a bit.

For me its all about the long term view on what we do at this position, currently I'm thinking we are 2 or 3 years away from having that person and in that time we could end up losing the weapons that would make it a worthwhile excercise. /rantover
    He still came out with jump passes?

Quick question, did you see the Noodle and is variant of the jump pass? Maybe we should give up on him because he does things like that.

As to TJ, I thought he did pretty damn good in relief especially when you consider he was moving our number 2's and number 3's.

Is there a vet out there that is available that you think would be a better option than TJ right now?
    Tyler Thigpen. He'll only set you back a late round pick.
    LOL. He already set us back a 7th rounder. (j/k) Seriously, I wouldn't mind Thigpen or Charlie Whitehurst for that matter. I heard he is available for trade as well.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    I wonder how Orton will feel about this. About week 6 of last year, there was alot of talk about how he was finally gonna hit the big one.

Now the team is bringing in another possible starter which kindof negates that for him.
    Peter King reported this AM in his MMQB column that McDaniels called Orton on Sunday to tell him he was the starter.

=Z=
    Thanks Z. I still bet he isn't happy. Oh well, at least he knows he is the starter for at least one more year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ejmat wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Mark_The_Viking wrote:
    Ranger wrote:

I'd like to see T-Jack have one more go at it, this time with a Rice who has finally put it all together, Harvin and AD. The potential there is pretty outstanding. I'd also be interested in how Quinn would do with that.

Quinn's accuracy issues are with the deep ball, which...well, is pretty awful. Out of bounds bad, iirc. Out of bounds two times in a row. However, as a WC offense qb, that doesn't matter as much.

I'm a bit nervous because the team is built to win sooner rather than later, and it's not like we can mess around rotating a million quarterbacks in before some key players start to decline.

What about Sage? I'd be curious to see him get extended reps as well. I guess with the offensive weapons we have now (weird how it used to be just Chester!), I'd like to see a ton of quarterbacks run at it and see who proves to be the man. Not realistic, but it'd make for a pretty epic qb competition.
    Up until this last season I was with you on giving Tjack another shot, however with a year under Brett Favre he still came out with jump passes and poor decision making. I think it's time to cut our losses and consider life without TJ or Favre for that matter. either way at some point we will have to get a franchise quality QB and it might as well be now.

We have been slow in FA even though I understand that the Taylor trade opened things up for us a bit.

For me its all about the long term view on what we do at this position, currently I'm thinking we are 2 or 3 years away from having that person and in that time we could end up losing the weapons that would make it a worthwhile excercise. /rantover

Quick question, did you see the Noodle and is variant of the jump pass? Maybe we should give up on him because he does things like that.

As to TJ, I thought he did pretty damn good in relief especially when you consider he was moving our number 2's and number 3's.

Is there a vet out there that is available that you think would be a better option than TJ right now?
    Tyler Thigpen. He'll only set you back a late round pick.
    LOL. He already set us back a 7th rounder. (j/k) Seriously, I wouldn't mind Thigpen or Charlie Whitehurst for that matter. I heard he is available for trade as well.
    I thought I heard someplace that the Chargers were offered a 4th rounder for Whitehurst.

Haven't had time to double check that though.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mark_The_Viking is online now Asst. Coach

Marrdro wrote:
    Mark_The_Viking wrote:
    Ranger wrote:

No I don't tbh, and what Favre did with any jump passes he made were ore than made up for by his skills and experince in other areas that CAN'T be denied.

TJ doesn't have those same fallback skills and I have really wanted him to shine form day one. It's just my opinion but I don't think he looked all that good in any of the cameo's he gave last year and there was one game (can't remember which one) where he trudged to the sidelines Charlie Brown on Valium.

I want him to make it I really do I just don't think he will. I would have made a play for Delhomme or even Quinn who showed flashes despite coming from a poor ND team.

There was a dearth of QB talent in free agancy which is why I said we should be looking for the long term answer not the today answer. Trade TJ for whatever you can get and hope for a diamond in the later rounds
    Purple till i die

Mark_The_Viking wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Mark_The_Viking wrote:
    Ranger wrote:

No I don't tbh, and what Favre did with any jump passes he made were ore than made up for by his skills and experince in other areas that CAN'T be denied.

TJ doesn't have those same fallback skills and I have really wanted him to shine form day one. It's just my opinion but I don't think he looked all that good in any of the cameo's he gave last year and there was one game (can't remember which one) where he trudged to the sidelines Charlie Brown on Valium.
    I just don't cotton to the TJ and Noodle comparisons. How can anyone expect a 4 year QB to match the performance of a HOF QB who has been doing it for 19 years.

Of course the Noodle can do things that TJ can't. Isn't that kindof to be expected?

I want him to make it I really do I just don't think he will. I would have made a play for Delhomme or even Quinn who showed flashes despite coming from a poor ND team.
    And TJ has never shown flashes? Comeon, the kid has a butt load of talent. His only issues, IMHO were directly related to the rest of the team.

As for Dehomme, just say no. Quinn, I would liked to have seen him come in and get a shot.

There was a dearth of QB talent in free agancy which is why I said we should be looking for the long term answer not the today answer. Trade TJ for whatever you can get and hope for a diamond in the later rounds
    Love that word, dearth.....

However, coma, there hasn't been any sort of talent in the FA pool. One would have to go back to Brees and Warner before you can find someone who was a viable option and at that given point in time, very few would say "Yayyyyyy Warner"....or ......"Yay Brees".

Truth of the matter is, until the Noodle showed up on our door, there hasn't been any vet worth bothering with and we have drafted at the bottom of the heap with respect to "Franchise" QB's coming out in the draft.

Nope, I'm still on the TJ express. I think he is gonna open some eyes this year.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Why are people still posting in this thread?
    Brady Quinn was traded for like 40 hours ago.

HEY wrote:
    Why are people still posting in this thread?
    Brady Quinn was traded for like 40 hours ago.
    This topic will go on as long as BQ is in the league. Additionally, threads on PPO take on a life of thier own at times and in most cases some damn good discussions get going in them that aren't directly related to the original article.

For me, thats what makes PPO greater than the other sites out there.

Open discussion without all the "I'm Right/Your Wrong" crap.

The Broncos obtained Quinn for fullback Peyton Hillis, a 2011 sixth round draft pick, and a 2012 conditional draft pick.

For a potential franchise freaking quarterback!

My question at this moment is where the hell were the Vikings on this one!?!
    Brady Quinn Was Sold For What!?!
    I would have given up Tahi and a 2011/2012 pick for him.

Obviously this proves one of 4 glaring obvious things....

a. The Vikes like Tahi more than you guys do.
    b. The Vikes love thier latter round picks.
    c. The Vikes still think they have thier Franchise QB of the future on the roster.
    d. The Vikes don't think BQ will ever pan out.

Might make a good poll. hmy:

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678