Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Do the Vikings even have the cap space to pick up the 2.5 mil still owing on Ortons contract if they pulled him off waivers? Sure they could waive mcchunky but he'll probably clear waivers and the Vikes would still owe him the remainder of his contract.

Looks like they have 4.1 mil kicking around but they could be saving that for a receiver or corner that their hoping will get waived

LINK
    Last edited by vikinggreg; 11-22-2011 at 09:15 PM. Reason: answered my own question

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    It would be ridiculous for the Vikings to sign Orton at this point, irregardless of the OL. Any post season dreams anyone had are gone & Ponder will start the remainder of the season unless there's an injury. There's nothing to be gained by signing him for this year.

I doubt they would sit Ponder next year, so unless they plan on dumping Ponder & selecting another QB in the first round next year, who would sit behind a veteran QB for a year, there would be no need to claim him half way thru a horseshit season.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    It would be ridiculous for the Vikings to sign Orton at this point, irregardless of the OL. Any post season dreams anyone had are gone & Ponder will start the remainder of the season unless there's an injury. There's nothing to be gained by signing him for this year.

I doubt they would sit Ponder next year, so unless they plan on dumping Ponder & selecting another QB in the first round next year, who would sit behind a veteran QB for a year, there would be no need to claim him half way thru a horseshit season.
    Now Steve, you should KNOW that 'irregardless' isn't a word - the word you wanted to use there was 'regardless'.

Signed,
    The Grammar Nazi

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Work is nuts so I don't get on much anymore, however, I thought I would log on to see if there was a thread like this out there.

......snicker........

Some things never change.

Couple of things I've heard.....

a. Cutlers agent talked to Denver and asked to be released. His intent is to land with the Bores. No one else.

b. Cutler is still a viable option at QB, but only for a team that has run a scheme he is familiar with. KC can claim him, but it will take longer to get him ready than the cost is worth. Same can be said for the Vikings.

c. Any team that actually tries to get Cutler will be a team, again, that runs a scheme he is comfortable with and is still in the playoff hunt. Right now it appears that the Bores are the only ones who fit that bill. All other teams, ala the Vikes, are looking at their bench talent to see who can be promoted next year to fill a whole so that they can figure out what their draft/FA needs are going to be.

On a side note....anyone who thinks Ponder isn't ready to lead this team is talking crazy. He is more than ready. Doesn't mean he won't make mistakes cause he will, but even the great Noodle that most of you were on his TIP made stupid mistakes. Again, the rest of the year will be spent getting him to a point he quits making those mistakes as often as he is.

He would be doing alot better if our stupid O-coord would get a bit more creative than 13 (1 RB - 3 TE) sets.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Work is nuts so I don't get on much anymore, however, I thought I would log on to see if there was a thread like this out there.

......snicker........

a. Cutlers agent talked to Denver and asked to be released. His intent is to land with the Bores. No one else.

b. Cutler is still a viable option at QB, but only for a team that has run a scheme he is familiar with. KC can claim him, but it will take longer to get him ready than the cost is worth. Same can be said for the Vikings.

c. Any team that actually tries to get Cutler will be a team, again, that runs a scheme he is comfortable with and is still in the playoff hunt. Right now it appears that the Bores are the only ones who fit that bill. All other teams, ala the Vikes, are looking at their bench talent to see who can be promoted next year to fill a whole so that they can figure out what their draft/FA needs are going to be.

On a side note....anyone who thinks Ponder isn't ready to lead this team is talking crazy. He is more than ready. Doesn't mean he won't make mistakes cause he will, but even the great Noodle that most of you were on his TIP made stupid mistakes. Again, the rest of the year will be spent getting him to a point he quits making those mistakes as often as he is.

He would be doing alot better if our stupid O-coord would get a bit more creative than 13 (1 RB - 3 TE) sets.
    Cutler? Orton?
    Agree with your side note.
    Also feel Ponder will be fine with more experience, better play calling, and better protection.
    And yes, better protection includes the tight ends and running backs responsible for blitz pickup as well as the line.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post

......snicker........

......snicker........

Well that worked like a charm, didn't it?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post

Agreed, and, sorry I didn't indicate sarcasm in my post.

For the record, I liked Ponder predraft, during the draft, defended the pick post draft, and continue to be encouraged by his growth. Yes, it is painful to break in a rookie QB, but, I think he's gonna be a good one... Hopefully he learned from his mistakes last game and progresses.

Happy Thanksgiving...

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson14 View Post
    He wont reach Chi, KC will pick him up.
    Good call by J14. God knows they needed some help with Cassel done for the season and Stanzi not ready to start yet.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12