Hinkle is offline Training Camp

Broncos Shopping Alphonso Smith

http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/9/3/1668560/broncos-shopping-alphonso-smith

"NFL.com's Jason La Canfora is reporting that the Broncos are actively shopping CB Alphonso Smith with the team reportedly looking for a 5ht Round pick in return. That would be a huge fall for a player that the Broncos thought so highly of just a year ago."

He did fall down on that Javon Walker TD but at least he made a play in the game unlike Lito the excuse machine. I think we should get him, we're too thin at CB right now to be picky

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Re:Broncos Shopping Alphonso Smith

Hinkle wrote:

"NFL.com's Jason La Canfora is reporting that the Broncos are actively shopping CB Alphonso Smith with the team reportedly looking for a 5ht Round pick in return. That would be a huge fall for a player that the Broncos thought so highly of just a year ago."

He did fall down on that Javon Walker TD but at least he made a play in the game unlike Lito the excuse machine. I think we should get him, we're too thin at CB right now to be picky
    Check out what scout.com had to say about Smith: http://den.scout.com/a.z?s=101&p=8&c=1&nid=3744739&yr=2009

He really hasn't made an impact yet in Denver. They don't play the same defense as the Vikes though. Given Chilly's and Spielman's recent comments, I would think the Vikes are looking into this. A fifth round pick for this kid might be acceptable given our situation. Perhaps Smith is better equipped to succeed in the cover 2 scheme...clearly, man to man, on an island ain't his thing.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Once Cook and Griff are back, which hopefully both will be full strength after the bye, the Vikes will be deep at corner again. No real reason to panic and spend a draft pick on another corner. Vikes need to save all the draft picks they can for OL's next year.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Hinkle wrote:

TBF.. Lito DID make a nice play to break up a completion in the first half.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Nice. I wanted to draft his guy. A 5th round pick is nothing for a first round talent. I still think he looked decent during the Broncos game.

Hinkle is offline Training Camp

Alphonso Smith traded to Detroit for Dan Gronkowsk.