Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Wimbie is offline Waterboy

Re: Broncos fire Shanahan

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    They had alot of problems this year.. And Mike wasn't one of them

Yeah... like having to get their starting RB from his job managing a cell phone kiosk at a Denver mall.

Tatum Bell was their 9th RB?

Their are LOTS of organisations that would love to have Shanahan..... Lions, Rams, Jets, Vikes

But I'm sure the last place on earth for him is the Raiders.

I think some orgs that weren't planning on firing their coach will if they can get Shanahan
    Bengals, Browns, Chiefs, Vikes

That's borderline offensive that you'd put the Vikings in the same category as the Bengals, Browns, and Chiefs. lol

and I really, really, don't think Childress is going anywhere, despite ANYONE that they could bring in.
    He's won over the owner for at least one more season.
    The players are backing him more now also
    It is fricken asinine to even talk about firing Childress.
    "Thanks for getting us to the playoffs for the first time in almost a decade.
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    We've decided to rebuild with a different coach now that we finally have most of the pieces in place."
    LMFAO.

He may not be the best, and he may not even be very good...but he isn't gong anywhere this year even if Walsh was resurrected from the grave and showed up on Wilf's front step begging for a job.
    We have been to the playoffs 3 times in this decade. 2000, 2001, and 2005, and went to the second round each time. Its just the first Division title since 2000.

I could maybe see Chilly getting fired if we lose in the first round, especially if we get hammered. Good record this year but not many blowouts.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

Yeah... like having to get their starting RB from his job managing a cell phone kiosk at a Denver mall.

Their are LOTS of organisations that would love to have Shanahan..... Lions, Rams, Jets, Vikes

I think some orgs that weren't planning on firing their coach will if they can get Shanahan

That's borderline offensive that you'd put the Vikings in the same category as the Bengals, Browns, and Chiefs. lol

and I really, really, don't think Childress is going anywhere, despite ANYONE that they could bring in.
    We've decided to rebuild with a different coach now that we finally have most of the pieces in place."
    LMFAO.

He may not be the best, and he may not even be very good...but he isn't gong anywhere this year even if Walsh was resurrected from the grave and showed up on Wilf's front step begging for a job.
    I have a lot of respect for Shanahan. But I'm with you 100% BH. No way Childress gets canned this year.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Wimbie" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

LMFAO.

We have been to the playoffs 3 times in this decade. 2000, 2001, and 2005, and went to the second round each time. Its just the first Division title since 2000.

I could maybe see Chilly getting fired if we lose in the first round, especially if we get hammered. Good record this year but not many blowouts.

No kidding

Tell that shit to Marty Shot.. 14-2.. And fired... Serious?

nailhead77 is offline Starter

I was all about firing chilly a few weeks ago........not now.
    After the start we had most of us thought there was no chance of a division title.
    10-6 with the schedule we had.......not to shabby for a "1 diminsional offense.
    I am starting to think he maybe a pretty good coach with a better Qb.
    He and his staff made some really bad play calls but maybe he has learned a thing or 2 along the way.

Andy reid knows him pretty well....and vice versa.
    Lets see what he can come up with against the eagles, and that wil determine a lot for me.
    I put a sig on here before, but it expired?
    Now i have tried again but seem to be retarded.......oh well,

Floop the bears!

CynicalVike is offline Starter

Chilly isn't going anywhere. Ziggy strongly believes that the rebuilding of this organization is going to take several years with a consistant approach. Firing his hand picked coach and replacing him with a new HC and staff does not fit with his long term approach with this team. As much as I'd love to have him as our coach, it ain't going to happen. Besides, Chilly is getting better as a HC as time goes.
    I used to be indecisive, now I m not so sure!

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

I like and respect Shanahan. I think Jerry Jones might be talking to him real soon.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingMike" wrote:
    I like and respect Shanahan. I think Jerry Jones might be talking to him real soon.
    Who would want him breathing down your neck

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

You got to wonder what Peterson could do in Shanahan's system...he's only failed to produce a 1000 yard rusher a couple of seasons, and with 7 RBs on IR this year, I'd think he deserves a bit of a break for this one.

I'm in CO, and folks out here are kind of split...on one hand, he's been with them a long, long time and been mostly successful (I mean, you can't win the Superbowl everyyear!)

On the other hand, Shanahanigains has forced his will and way into GM responsibilities, and has fired his DC nearly every year for a good five or so.
    This year, he refused to fire the DC...who knows, maybe what they needed there is some consistency, but the owner finally put his foot down.
    I guess its kind of the continual trend of bad defense + good offense = medicore year...and some here were sick of it.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

CynicalVike is offline Starter

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    I doubt Shanahan would work for/with Jones. He went down that same road when he was in Oakland. Jones and Davis are just about twins when it comes to running their teams.
    I used to be indecisive, now I m not so sure!

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"CynicalVike" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    I doubt Shanahan would work for/with Jones. He went down that same road when he was in Oakland. Jones and Davis are just about twins when it comes to running their teams.

Dallas would be a perfect fit for him...with all that talent he wouldn't have to worry about acquiring players. He could run the offense, and all he would need is a DC. He's one of the few coaches who has the respect of TO. I agree, I wouldn't want to step into a job with Jerry micromanaging like he does, but coaches have such huge egos, they always think they can overcome such minutiae.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast