Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Again, no one stated that McNabb was having a better year....doesn't change the fact that Jackson isn't exactly lighting it up in Seattle. He's had ONE moderately successful game.and 3 fairly crappy ones. Sounds a lot like his trends while he was here.

    He had 2 TD's in his first 3 games...he scored 3 last week. On the flip side, he's also thrown 4 INT's...garbage or not, stats will play a role in judging him. He also has the 3 fumbles with 2 lost to offset his 1 rushing TD.

    Atlanta was the first team not to sack him multiple times.

    Here's the thing. He has had ONE fairly decent game. Much like he'd do in Minnesota. He'd have a decent game, people would start bellowing about how you could see all of his potential, and they'd FORGET that it was only potential...it never actually manifested.

    Last week, in a LOSING effort, Jackson showed his "potential" again. Let's see if he can string together a SERIES of good games...something he could never do here. Let's see if he can actually make some REAL progress, instead of showing a bit of "potential", and then folding.

    Seattle doesn't exactly have a schedule that strikes terror into anyone's heart. Let's see what he does with the rest of it.

    Judging him on his first four games he was 25% good and 75% crap....not the stuff starters are made of.

    And, again, for those of you who are determined to write this off as a "hater" rant, what part of "Let's wait and see" don't you get? I have nothing against Jackson - I considered him a waste of time at OUR QB position, but he's gone. My interest in him now is solely beer related.

    Caine
    Again, this isn't about whether or not Jackson is a qualified starter or not, this is about McNabb supporters pointing the finger at Jackson & saying look at him, at least McNabb isn't as bad as Jackson, thus the "bright spot" Vikings fans are supposed to look at.

    The fact is however, so far Mcnabb is playing worse than Jackson, even though he's surrounded by more talent.

    Some of the supporters who lobbied to bring in Mcnabb here these past 3-4 years & hated on Jackson the last 5, appear to be having a tough time swallowing that fact.
    Last edited by singersp; 10-07-2011 at 06:57 AM.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #22
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    This isn't about being right and wrong in a debate on PPO Marrdro. No one wants to see a QB they had or any player leave and just have their career take off.
    Although I will agree with you on the second sentence/point (hurts like hell to see a kid finally start to come around after the organization shitcanned him), I will not go that far on the first.

    The only ones who debate the TJ thing on here are the ones who absolutely despised TJ and the ones who felt that the staff didn't give him enough of a chance.

    In the end, it really all comes down to one thing........The Ownership group felt that the fanbase would not be supportive of resigning TJ. For that reason and that reason alone, this staff gave up on him.

    What will come out of it has yet to be seen, but I can tell you this, I've watched with interest, almost every snap that the Seachickens have played this year. That team is getting better and alot of it has to do with what TJ has been doing on the field.

    For those that don't like him, watch with open eyes and you will see him directing traffic (some would go as far as to say coaching) on the field, often times having to line people up when they aren't set right.

    You will also see (Now that the OL is starting to play better on the right side) him moving in and around the pocket (some would call it pocket awareness) waiting for recievers to get open. Some would actually call it pocket awareness.

    Heck, some would almost go as far as to say he is making a WR the way he has established a connection between him and Baldwin clicking.

    Nope, if this continues to play out the way I think its going to, it will come down to a bunch of fans that weren't patient enough and a staff that didn't have the balls to stand up for a kid that did nothing but work his ass off.

    Nothing more, nothing less.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #23
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleburkle View Post
    ponder did not look good in preseason
    cant throw ball down field

    tarvaris could do that but was erratic at times, you could see the potential

    i dont see anything in ponder, he is similiar to webb, an athlete but not a qb

    lose all the games on purpose, and hope locker doesnt get hurt

    time for new blood
    One thing all of us fans should have learned from the TJ experiment is that all players learn at a different pace, especially the QB.

    I think its way to soon to be giving up on young Ponder when you haven't even seen him actually on the field of play, running a team when it counts.

    By the way, he did make some very nice throws in preason and a couple of them were deep throws and more importantly, a couple were deep outs.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #24
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    It only took 6 years to get it.
    And a staff not only patient enough to let it happen, but a O-coord who can call plays that the QB could use to make it happen.

    On a side note, you see the hard count he layed on that defense last week? Thing of beauty, especially considering how he had to line up the offense before he actually got to the line and then to have the situational awareness to know that Rice was going to be wide open for a TD.

    Almost as fun to watch as what is going on between TJ and Baldwin. When that happened between Percy and the Noodle, it was the Noodle making a WR. I wonder if those same cats are willing to say that TJ is making a young reciever out of Baldwin.

    ........snicker.......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #25
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    My interest in him now is solely beer related.

    Caine
    As is mine my friend, as is mine, but even you would have to admit that as that teams starts to get the grasp of what Bevs is trying to do, it is getting better (Right side of the OL is gelling/Baldwin is really coming around/TE even got out in a few routes last week).

    I wish I could say the same for ole Musgrove and our team. Ours just seems to be getting worse.

    On a side note, as I said in our bet thread, gonna be interesting to see what they do this week without Williams. Not sure about some of you, however, I've got Rice playing again in my FFL's and have tried to add Baldwin were ever I could.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #26
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    The fact is however, so far Mcnabb is playing worse than Jackson, even though he's surrounded by more talent.
    I almost agree with you on the talent thing my friend.

    I think the Seachickens are talented, I just think that they are very young and for the most part, all of them are learning a new system.

    I think you will find that anyone who watches that team (I have been all year) will tell you that each and every week they get better and better.

    Running attack even started to come around and some of the runs even went behind the Right side (rookies).

    Are they as talented as the Vikes? No way, but if they keep doing what they are doing, it won't be long.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #27
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Again, this isn't about whether or not Jackson is a qualified starter or not, this is about McNabb supporters pointing the finger at Jackson & saying look at him, at least McNabb isn't as bad as Jackson, thus the "bright spot" Vikings fans are supposed to look at.

    The fact is however, so far Mcnabb is playing worse than Jackson, even though he's surrounded by more talent.

    Some of the supporters who lobbied to bring in Mcnabb here these past 3-4 years & hated on Jackson the last 5, appear to be having a tough time swallowing that fact.
    This had NOTHING to do with McNabb at ALL when it started. It was YOU who made the comparrison. This was started as a simple, "Yup, we suck...but so does Seattle".

    Let's face it, how many here thought Seattle was smart for signing Bevell as their OC?

    Just about no one.

    How many thought they were smart for signing Jackson?

    Again, almost no one.

    Rice will get you a 50-50 split....

    But, when you take that as a whole, the POINT was, "Seattle has our cast-offs and still sucks...just like we figured". McNabb had - and has - NOTHING to do with this and never did.

    Stop trying to turn this into something it isn't.

    If Jackson suddenly turns into a great QB and leads Seattle to legitimacy, the MAJORITY of us will have been wrong about him. If not, we'll have been right.

    Same with Bevell.

    It doesn't matter what McNabb does. It never did.

    Caine

  8. #28
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    This had NOTHING to do with McNabb at ALL when it started. It was YOU who made the comparrison. This was started as a simple, "Yup, we suck...but so does Seattle".

    Let's face it, how many here thought Seattle was smart for signing Bevell as their OC?

    Just about no one.

    How many thought they were smart for signing Jackson?

    Again, almost no one.

    Rice will get you a 50-50 split....

    But, when you take that as a whole, the POINT was, "Seattle has our cast-offs and still sucks...just like we figured". McNabb had - and has - NOTHING to do with this and never did.

    Stop trying to turn this into something it isn't.

    If Jackson suddenly turns into a great QB and leads Seattle to legitimacy, the MAJORITY of us will have been wrong about him. If not, we'll have been right.

    Same with Bevell.

    It doesn't matter what McNabb does. It never did.

    Caine
    It all depends on how you interpret what is being said. You took it one way I took it another. That doesn't automatically mean you're wrong & I'm right.

    I took at it as "look on the bright side", at least we aren't as bad as Seattle", thus somehow trying to quantify that we are a better team than they are. Two specific names were mentioned, Jackson & Rice, which is why I countered with my comments and comparison. When I read "Bright Side" that automatically triggers a comparison.

    It's hard to point the finger at Jackson, Rice & the Seahawks & laugh, when your own teams quarterback hasn't played as well as he has & your team has won less games & has more talent on it.

    If Seattle is a train wreck at 1-3 with with Jackson at QB, what do you call a team that's 0-4 with McNabb who's playing worse?

    And if you don't want to acknowledge or like the comparison that Jackson is playing better than McNabb & simply want to take the QB comparison out of it, then I'll rephrase the question;

    If Seattle is a train wreck at 1-3, what do you call the Vikings at 0-4?

    Again, kind of tough for me to point a finger & laugh at a team that has a better W-L record than my team and call it a "Bright Spot" for Vikings fans, even if we are both doing bad.
    Last edited by singersp; 10-08-2011 at 11:03 AM.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •