Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tad7 View Post
    So in other words it doesn't matter how the Vikings do as long as T-Jack is failing in another city?

I don't understand the fascination with that attitude. It's not as if he was some diva troublemaker that underperformed for the Vikings on purpose. I can understand the hate for Sidney Rice for the way he handled his hip surgery but not T-Jack.

Lots of Bears fans couldn't wait for Rex Grossman to leave but once he did, they didn't wish for him to suck elsewhere.]
    How do you know this? People or teams hold grudges all the time. Doesn't matter if it's an ex husband/wife remarrying or a team sending a crappy QB packing.

kyleburkle is offline Rookie

i think ponder sucks

ponder did not look good in preseason
    cant throw ball down field

tarvaris could do that but was erratic at times, you could see the potential

i dont see anything in ponder, he is similiar to webb, an athlete but not a qb

lose all the games on purpose, and hope locker doesnt get hurt

time for new blood
    None

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleburkle View Post

time for new blood
    I think we need to watch him on the field in a regular season game in order to make that statement, but i have to disagree with the Webb similarities, because Ponder ran a somewhat pro-style offense for 3 years at FSU so i think he can be a good quarterback if our coaches can develop their offensive scheme around his strenghts.

He have had some problems with his shoulder which some said could hurt his arm strenght, but the Vikings waived that off as a non-factor and still selected him 12th overall..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Didn't he just have a 319 yard game & score the wining TD himself.

Aren't they 1-3 while we're bottom feeders?

Hasn't he not only beaten out McNabb in completions made, but also in completion %, TD's thrown, rushing TD's, total yds. & Yds per game?

Hasn't he done this without Rice the first two weeks & with an OL 10x worse than ours?

If the intent is to make Vikings fan feel better about McNabb, by pointing at T-Jack in Seattle, it's a failing miserably.

T-Jack is have more success on a far less talented team than McNabb is.
    Last edited by singersp; 10-06-2011 at 08:21 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Comparing TJ to McNabb is hardly a consolation Singer. McNabb is having what will be considered one of the greatest QB failures in team history when it is all said and done.

That being said I do congratulate TJ for his first 300 yard passing game. It only took 6 years to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Didn't he just have a 319 yard game & scored the wining TD himself.

Aren't they 1-3 while we're bottom feeders?

Hasn't he not only beaten out McNabb in completions made, but also in completion %, TD's thrown, rushing TD's, total yds. & Yds per game?

Hasn't he done this without Rice the first two weeks & with an OL 10x worse than ours?

If the intent is to make Vikings fan feel better about McNabb, by pointing at T-Jack in Seattle, it's a failing mise5rably.

T-Jack is have more success on a far less talented team than McNabb is.
    If you define success as a 1-3 record (beating AZ at home) and only scoring 58 total points in 4 games (14.5 avg) while the offense is averaging 254 total yards per game (dead last in the NFL).... then yes he is extremely successful.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleburkle View Post

time for new blood
    Actually, he is nothing like Webb. That statement confuses me greatly.

While I agree that Ponder didn't look great in preseason - it was also preseason. And his very first one at that. Anyone who expected him to perform like a starter was kidding themselves.

The arm strength issue is, well, not an issue. Have you watched him play, or are you regurgitating what others have said without looking into it? Ponder isn't going to throw the ball 70 yards, but he doesn't have the arm of a 9 year old girl either. In fact, when able to set his feet, his arm strength is in the top third of the NFL starters right now. Where his arm strength comes into question is when he is on the run. His velocity drops significantly when he is moving, and his long passes tend to sail. Add to that the fact that his arm was injured his senior year in Florida, and you get your "arm strength" issues.

Ponder's arm is healthy now. He did tend to resort to running more than I was comfortable with in preseason, but that is a coachable issue. If he can learn to throw from the pocket while still using his legs when needed, he has enormous potential.

At this point I say we stick with McNabb until Frazier thinks Ponder has had enough time to adjust, and then put Ponder in to get his feet wet and let us see what we have in him. I would like to see Ponder by week 10 (game 9). That will give him half a season to figure it out. We will have some ugly games, especially at first, but by the end of the season we should have a decent idea of where we need to go. If Ponder sucks, we will probably be in the running for Luck. If not, we are still going to have a decent draft pick and can address other areas (like WR, OT, CB, S).

My ultimate scenario - Ponder looks good, but we still end up with the #1 pick, which we trade away in Walker-like fashion to bolster our team, and go on to win the superbowl.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Comparing TJ to McNabb is hardly a consolation Singer. McNabb is having what will be considered one of the greatest QB failures in team history when it is all said and done.

That being said I do congratulate TJ for his first 300 yard passing game. It only took 6 years to get it.
    I'm not the one who started the thread, I'm merely replying to it. Read the title again;

Bright Side: Seahawks Train Wreck

I'm merely pointing out that TJ is doing better than McNabb & the Seahawks have more wins than the Vikings.

So, with that said, how is it "the bright side" if you're a Vikings fan?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVikesTX View Post
    If you define success as a 1-3 record (beating AZ at home) and only scoring 58 total points in 4 games (14.5 avg) while the offense is averaging 254 total yards per game (dead last in the NFL).... then yes he is extremely successful.

No one said he's extremely successful. Those are your words. What was said was he was having more success than McNabb is. That is fact. Rushing yards by either of the teams RB's are irrelevant when comparing what the QB's are doing, so that point is moot. The QB's only involvement in the running game is handing off the ball.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Again, no one stated that McNabb was having a better year....doesn't change the fact that Jackson isn't exactly lighting it up in Seattle. He's had ONE moderately successful game.and 3 fairly crappy ones. Sounds a lot like his trends while he was here.

He had 2 TD's in his first 3 games...he scored 3 last week. On the flip side, he's also thrown 4 INT's...garbage or not, stats will play a role in judging him. He also has the 3 fumbles with 2 lost to offset his 1 rushing TD.

Atlanta was the first team not to sack him multiple times.

Here's the thing. He has had ONE fairly decent game. Much like he'd do in Minnesota. He'd have a decent game, people would start bellowing about how you could see all of his potential, and they'd FORGET that it was only potential...it never actually manifested.

Last week, in a LOSING effort, Jackson showed his "potential" again. Let's see if he can string together a SERIES of good games...something he could never do here. Let's see if he can actually make some REAL progress, instead of showing a bit of "potential", and then folding.

Seattle doesn't exactly have a schedule that strikes terror into anyone's heart. Let's see what he does with the rest of it.

Judging him on his first four games he was 25% good and 75% crap....not the stuff starters are made of.

And, again, for those of you who are determined to write this off as a "hater" rant, what part of "Let's wait and see" don't you get? I have nothing against Jackson - I considered him a waste of time at OUR QB position, but he's gone. My interest in him now is solely beer related.

Caine
    Last edited by Caine; 10-07-2011 at 06:14 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast