Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Brian Williams a Packer??

if he does that i will lose any and all respect i have for him. he knows their situation, i'm sure he doesn't really want to play for them.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings owner Zygi Wilf recently unveiled a plan to the Blaine (Minn.) city council for a complex being called the Northern Lights at Blaine. This would include a $675 stadium, as well as retail shops, corporate offices, a residential development, a medical facility and a large retail anchor store. Wilf and his partners would put $1 billion into the project but also want contributions of $280 million from Anoka County and $115 million from the state.

If Zygi and his partners can put 1 billion dollars towards that, why can't they put together 675 mil and just build a stadium? I guess it's more complicated than that, but to me owning it privately would be a whole lot more lucrative than splitting it with the state.

Also, the article says that the stadium only costs $675...I have that in my bank account! I just bought me a stadium! :grin:

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

BWill just wants to start and to make starter money...so we just need to step up and pay the man BUT ask him to move over to SS...he can hit and he would make our secondary instantly better than it is with Chavous there.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

If Zygi and his partners can put 1 billion dollars towards that, why can't they put together 675 mil and just build a stadium? I guess it's more complicated than that, but to me owning it privately would be a whole lot more lucrative than splitting it with the state.

It isn't a question of him being able to raise the $675, it is a question of whether or not he should. The state will reap literally billions of dollars in economic benefits by having a new stadium built. The state should really have some responsibility in building it. Plus, this is a business. And like in any business, if you didn't look for the best deal, then you lose money. The Wilf family didn't get to where they are by not working out deals that would be lucritive to all parties involved.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:

It isn't a question of him being able to raise the $675, it is a question of whether or not he should. The state will reap literally billions of dollars in economic benefits by having a new stadium built. The state should really have some responsibility in building it. Plus, this is a business. And like in any business, if you didn't look for the best deal, then you lose money. The Wilf family didn't get to where they are by not working out deals that would be lucritive to all parties involved.
    yeah and the new stadium would for sure bring the superbowl to town. and thats massive loads of money.
    We're bringing purple back.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

If Wilf were to build a stadium with his own money, I would love to see him say no to the county that he builds the stadium in when they ask him if the could use the stadium for certain events. Or at the least over charge them for the use of the stadium. Sure the county can reep benefits of the stadium (like tourist coming in for games, or when a SB gets held there) but they don't want to help fund the dam thing. I fricken hate greedy people..

On another note, unless the Cheese offer B-Will a huge contract (which I doubt they do) he will not sign there. Any Fa for that matter, if they look at the Packers as a possible team to play for, they are only looking at $ signs. Nothing else. I think B-Will would be crazy to go there, but one thing is for sure. He would find out very fast what it's like to get your a$$ handed to you by the Vikes..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12