Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Brian Griese traded to Bucs

"Zeus" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    I can't believe that between Grossman,Orton and Griese...Griese was the odd man out.
    Their QB situation is as bad as ours,maybe worse
    :
    Our situation is that the Vikings have a solid starter, heading into his second season after having a more than .500 record last season.

A starter?...yes
    Solid?...highly debatable.

I think T-Jack will be a good player, but calling him a solid starter as of now, is a bit of a reach I must say.
    I disagree - based on the progress he showed over the season last year, and the record as a starter.

=Z=
    The kid is still very very inconsistent...which is not the definition of solid.

I like him, and I think he deserves to start, but he is NOT a solid starter yet.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

The bears are in big trouble. They have no offense now!

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    I can't believe that between Grossman,Orton and Griese...Griese was the odd man out.
    :
    Our situation is that the Vikings have a solid starter, heading into his second season after having a more than .500 record last season.

=Z=
    A starter?...yes

I think T-Jack will be a good player, but calling him a solid starter as of now, is a bit of a reach I must say.
    I wouldn't.

Other than BB, he has the most time in the Chillers system.

The OL will be much improved in thier Pass Blocking (Not sure what impact McKinnies situation will have on that).

AD will be better at pass blockign making us less predictable.

Berrian alone makes our WR corp much better as it appears all the pieces are now in place.

Then add to the fact that he will spend one more summer watching tape and getting reps with his recievers working on timing/adjustments etc.

Equates to a "Solid Starter" to me.
    Sounds like a lot of hope in that post Marrdro laden with much optimism.
    I hope you're right, but I don't think you can label him as a "solid starter" until he proves it over the course of next season.
    "Best option" we have, yes I'll give you that.

I expect TJ to have a better year in 2008 due to a lot of the reasons you mention, but he still has to perform to make me a believer.
    Right now I am mostly hopeful and resigned to the fact that he is our starter and I will support him in that role.

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

"tastywaves" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    :

=Z=
    A starter?...yes

I wouldn't.

The OL will be much improved in thier Pass Blocking (Not sure what impact McKinnies situation will have on that).

Berrian alone makes our WR corp much better as it appears all the pieces are now in place.

Then add to the fact that he will spend one more summer watching tape and getting reps with his recievers working on timing/adjustments etc.

I hope you're right, but I don't think you can label him as a "solid starter" until he proves it over the course of next season.

I expect TJ to have a better year in 2008 due to a lot of the reasons you mention, but he still has to perform to make me a believer.
    Right now I am mostly hopeful and resigned to the fact that he is our starter and I will support him in that role.
    WORD UP
    well put ;D

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"jdvike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    :

A starter?...yes

I disagree - based on the progress he showed over the season last year, and the record as a starter.

=Z=

I like him, and I think he deserves to start, but he is NOT a solid starter yet.
    I agree 100%.
    He's not solid...too inconsistent.
    I like several things about him but mostly his good attitude and hard work ethic, an dopen mind.
    Those three things are natural elements prevelant in almost every great QB.
    The biggest question is will he continue to develop like he has been and in my opinion the answer is yes.
    Although I would still prefer a solid veteran backup at this point capable of handling the starting role should TJack get hurt or mentally collapse.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"tastywaves" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    :

=Z=
    A starter?...yes

I wouldn't.

As I said in another thread.
    I'm officially on the TJ bandwagon and all I have is hope.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=jdvike link=topic=42912.msg734591#msg734591 date=1204644107]
    :

A starter?...yes

=Z=

I agree 100%.
    He's not solid...too inconsistent.
    I like several things about him but mostly his good attitude and hard work ethic, an dopen mind.
    Those three things are natural elements prevelant in almost every great QB.
    The biggest question is will he continue to develop like he has been and in my opinion the answer is yes.
    Although I would still prefer a solid veteran backup at this point capable of handling the starting role should TJack get hurt or mentally collapse.
    [/quote]
    I actually thought that would happen last year. Truth be told, he dealt with a tough season pretty well.
    I don't think he will have any issues there.

Now his ability to not get broke ( ;D) somehow still remains my biggest concern.
    He does us no good on the bench.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"jdvike" wrote:
    :
    Keeping Grossman & Orton as their two main QB's is their polite way of telling their fans, "Do you want it in the ass or in the groin?"

Either way, they are fucked.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    :
    Keeping Grossman & Orton as their two main QB's is their polite way of telling their fans, "Do you want it in the ass or in the groin?"

Either way, they are fucked.
    Pretty much.
    Is Millen their GM now or something? lol.. honestly..

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    :

=Z=
    A starter?...yes

I wouldn't.

Other than the wins he supposedly was the sole reason for attaining what has he done to show that he can be a "solid" starter?
    Put up numbers that are similar to guys like Cleo Lemon?
    A QB has to have atleast one good season before they can attain a title like solid.

Of course things do look better in the purple tinted wonderland that some people live in.

Also, other people being better and doing their jobs doesn't make a QB go from mediocre to solid.
    It just means the mediocre QB has better players around him, but alas, is still a mediocre QB.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12