Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Brian Greise rumor

Griese exploring options

<Mar. 16> Unlikely to re-sign with the Buccaneers, Griese is drawing interest from Detroit, Minnesota and Baltimore, the St. Petersburg Times reports. Of the three, Griese appears to be the most intrigued by the possibility of playing under former Bucs defensive line coach Rod Marinelli in Detroit, not far from where he played at the University of Michigan.

Got that from the ESPN insider... I think it's unlikely that you guys would go after him. I can see you drafting a QB before signing another aging veteran.

Prophet Guest

Re: Brian Greise rumor

Some tidbits from KFFL

Ravens | Team expresses interest in Griese - from www.KFFL.com
    Wed, 15 Mar 2006 07:10:29 -0800

Jamison Hensley, of the Baltimore Sun, reports the Baltimore Ravens have expressed interest in free agent QB Brian Griese.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bears | Team has some interest in Griese - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 13 Mar 2006 05:53:40 -0800

Mike Mulligan, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Chicago Bears have some interest in free agent QB Brian Griese (Buccaneers), but they will let the market determine his value.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Griese is turning into a NFL whore.

He has already played for Miami, Denver, and Bucs in his semi young QB career.

He was injured last year right????

How serious was it??

I think he is one of those guys that has been around a while and would be a good pick up. He has seen every trick in the NFL, he has the WCO down. He is actually a better option than BJ. Place him on the team, draft Croyle, and you have a situation like when DC came on where the young kid can learn a lot from guys that have seen it all.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I would seriously be sick to my stomach if we got him.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Griese is turning into a NFL whore.

He has already played for Miami, Denver, and Bucs in his semi young QB career.

He was injured last year right????

How serious was it??

I think he is one of those guys that has been around a while and would be a good pick up. He has seen every trick in the NFL, he has the WCO down. He is actually a better option than BJ. Place him on the team, draft Croyle, and you have a situation like when DC came on where the young kid can learn a lot from guys that have seen it all.

Injured enough for the rookie Chris Simms to take his spot and to never give it up again. They resigned Simms, and are letting Griese walk, has to tell you something about Simms. With a HOF for a dad, it is hard not to be good...

Calmwind is offline Starter

I heard on ESPN News or Sports Center, one or the other, that we were also interested in Matt Schaub. I am not to high on Greise but not sure about Schaub either. He has looked good compared to Vick but thats not saying much. If this has been posted already sorry. No time to browse in depth this morn.
    Del Rio: "Football will go on, better players have left the Vikings, and better players will leave in the future.....the game rolls on."

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"Calmwind" wrote:
    I heard on ESPN News or Sports Center, one or the other, that we were also interested in Matt Schaub. I am not to high on Greise but not sure about Schaub either. He has looked good compared to Vick but thats not saying much. If this has been posted already sorry. No time to browse in depth this morn.

If we could get Matt Schaub for the 2nd rd pick we just got from Miami, I would take Schaub in a heartbeat.. Schaub is a very poised QB, he would be a great starting WCO type of QB. If what the Vikes are saying is true, that they want a young QB that they can mentor, then this is our guy.

Prophet Guest

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "Calmwind" wrote:

If we could get Matt Schaub for the 2nd rd pick we just got from Miami, I would take Schaub in a heartbeat.. Schaub is a very poised QB, he would be a great starting WCO type of QB. If what the Vikes are saying is true, that they want a young QB that they can mentor, then this is our guy.
    Won't happen, last I read they are wanting a few firsts.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Shaub would be my choice. They won't get a few firsts for a QB considered to be a back up. They would be dumb not to take a 2nd rounder. He's a FA next year and itching to be a starter.

Prophet Guest

"ejmat" wrote:
    Shaub would be my choice. They won't get a few firsts for a QB considered to be a back up. They would be dumb not to take a 2nd rounder. He's a FA next year and itching to be a starter.
    I think that's the point. I'm guessing Atlanta is looking toward their future and Ron Mexico is not part of it. They would never say that, they are still in a fantasy world that he is worth building a team around. Mexico gone, Schaub in in 2007. If not, they get a few high picks in compensation and work out the plan in the future. That's my forecast and I'm sticking to it (until 10 min. from now we read that he gets traded for a second).

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast