Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

The Brian Brohm Conundrum

After trading defensive tackle Corey Williams and trading out of the end of the first round in the 2008 draft, Ted Thompson armed himself with three second-round picks, not a bad scenario for a team that was an overtime away from the Super Bowl.

While not a big area of need, the selection of Jordy Nelson worked out as he contributed nicely in the recieving corps and special teams last season and showing a lot of promise.
    The selection of Pat Lee also is justifiable, even if he hasn’t done much yet.
    Cornerback was an area that needed youth and depth (the resigning of cornerback/safety/bain of my existence Jarrett Bush does not improve this). Thompson drafted the right choice of position, now Lee just needs to prove himself.

http://packerchatters.com/op-ed/view.php?id=6257

I thought the HC ran the draft......
    (JK, couldn't resist).
    Nice read on Brohm and what TT might be thinking.

I can remember when there were quite a few on here who were pretty high on the kid.
    Should be a interesting one to follow.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: The Brian Brohm Conundrum

In NFL Head Coach, I run the draft.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    After trading defensive tackle Corey Williams and trading out of the end of the first round in the 2008 draft, Ted Thompson armed himself with three second-round picks, not a bad scenario for a team that was an overtime away from the Super Bowl.

While not a big area of need, the selection of Jordy Nelson worked out as he contributed nicely in the recieving corps and special teams last season and showing a lot of promise.
    Cornerback was an area that needed youth and depth (the resigning of cornerback/safety/bain of my existence Jarrett Bush does not improve this). Thompson drafted the right choice of position, now Lee just needs to prove himself.

(JK, couldn't resist).

I can remember when there were quite a few on here who were pretty high on the kid.
    Isn't there some sort of banishment to PPO hell for posying Packer stuff on here
    Interesting read.Maybe the pack will release him he comes here and becomes our Bret Favre ;D

"marstc09" wrote:
    NFL Head Coach, I can only watch, because it's region protected.

Anyway, I still think that going into the season with a relatively often injured QB and only two rookies behind him was a risky, if not stupid, thing to do. I was a big fan of signing Brunell at first or Culpepper, till he said he didn't want to play a back-up role. One proven veteran, at least.

I hope Brohm can live up to expectations this season. I'd say that he should get back to the Nr. 2 spot on the depth chart, but I personally really like Flynn. I think he (Flynn) was supposed to be a more raw guy, but I think he has tons of potential. Brohm does need some good pre-season games and practices and then use him as trade bait or something.

Problem is, who do you wanna trade him to without any starting experience. Tyler Thigpen looked really promissing in his starts, but no one is after him. Colt Brennan was sensational in pre-season and no one is after him (Although these guys aren't being actively shopped, for as far as I know).

It's a pretty hard situation atm. One of this quarterbacks is doomed to fail if they both stay in GB, I'm afraid. Maybe Brohm will go after his brother and play in an upstart league eventually.
    :
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

"Rockmolder" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

Anyway, I still think that going into the season with a relatively often injured QB and only two rookies behind him was a risky, if not stupid, thing to do. I was a big fan of signing Brunell at first or Culpepper, till he said he didn't want to play a back-up role. One proven veteran, at least.

I hope Brohm can live up to expectations this season. I'd say that he should get back to the Nr. 2 spot on the depth chart, but I personally really like Flynn. I think he (Flynn) was supposed to be a more raw guy, but I think he has tons of potential. Brohm does need some good pre-season games and practices and then use him as trade bait or something.

Problem is, who do you wanna trade him to without any starting experience. Tyler Thigpen looked really promissing in his starts, but no one is after him. Colt Brennan was sensational in pre-season and no one is after him (Although these guys aren't being actively shopped, for as far as I know).

It's a pretty hard situation atm. One of this quarterbacks is doomed to fail if they both stay in GB, I'm afraid. Maybe Brohm will go after his brother and play in an upstart league eventually.
    :
    Alright.
    This is getting way out of hand.
    Thats the third post of yours that I've read today that I agree with.

Only solution to this that I can rationalize is that Pack (a true closest Vikings fan) has a brother he got to join the site and you are both closet Vikings fans masquerading as PUKER fans.

Again, JK.
    Hang around and keep making posts like that and I don't care (well not that much anyways) what team you stick up for.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Garland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

(JK, couldn't resist).

Isn't there some sort of banishment to PPO hell for posying Packer stuff on here
    Interesting read.Maybe the pack will release him he comes here and becomes our Bret Favre ;D
    Better happen soon, before he is overwhelmed with PUKER Taint.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Rockmolder" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

:
    Alright.

Only solution to this that I can rationalize is that Pack (a true closest Vikings fan) has a brother he got to join the site and you are both closet Vikings fans masquerading as PUKER fans.

Again, JK.
    Hang around and keep making posts like that and I don't care (well not that much anyways) what team you stick up for.
    Hah, nearly. We live about ¼th of the world apart and there's quite an age difference. He is a great guy though and one of the factors for me coming here (quite a while ago).

But, have you ever thought about this. Maybe you're the one on the wrong side if you tend to agree with us Packers fans....

I do indeed tend to be posting here alot more. Didn't like it that much at first, but I've seen some pretty nice and (for as far as a Vikings fan can be) knowledgable members.

And I didn't mean to hi-jack this thread. Please, keep on discussing.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

"Rockmolder" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Rockmolder" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

:
    Alright.

Again, JK.
    Hah, nearly. We live about ¼th of the world apart and there's quite an age difference. He is a great guy though and one of the factors for me coming here (quite a while ago).

But, have you ever thought about this. Maybe you're the one on the wrong side if you tend to agree with us Packers fans....

I do indeed tend to be posting here alot more. Didn't like it that much at first, but I've seen some pretty nice and (for as far as a Vikings fan can be) knowledgable members.

And I didn't mean to hi-jack this thread. Please, keep on discussing.
    Thread Hijacking is a common practice on here.
    I wouldn't worry about it to much.
    Usually its a sign the thread has gone as far as it is gonna.

Well played, however, I am far from being on the wrong side. ;D

Ranger is offline Coach

Damn, I forgot that kid existed.
    He was a complete stud in college, and I'm not quite sure what will be done with him since the Packers have a legit starting quarterback right now.

I'd actually like to see us push to pick him up somehow, but I doubt they'd hook up a team in their own division.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Ranger" wrote:
    Damn, I forgot that kid existed.
    He was a complete stud in college, and I'm not quite sure what will be done with him since the Packers have a legit starting quarterback right now.

I'd actually like to see us push to pick him up somehow, but I doubt they'd hook up a team in their own division.
    probably be like another Matt Shaub... he'll get some play time, play well in limited time, and teams will decide he's the next god, and trade the farm for him, only for him to disappoint.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast