singersp is offline PPO Newshound

‘Brett’s plan’: Skip next minicamp

Posted May 08, 2006

[size=18px] ‘Brett’s plan’: Skip next minicamp [/size]

By Dylan B. Tomlinson
    PackersNews.com

As the Green Bay Packers ended their first minicamp of the year on Sunday, coach Mike McCarthy confirmed quarterback Brett Favre will not be participating at the second one, which will be held May 19 to 21.

While McCarthy didn’t say so, he implied the decision was Favre’s. Last year, former coach Mike Sherman excused Favre from both minicamps. Although attendance at the next minicamp is optional, the majority of the players are expected to attend.

“Brett’s plan is that he will not participate in the next minicamp,” McCarthy said. “He will not be here.”

The Packers will have 14 organized team activities from May 31 through June 21, and McCarthy said Favre will attend most of them.

“We’re looking at (him being here for) potentially 10 of the 14 OTAs,” McCarthy said.

Another player who won’t attend the next minicamp, as well as some of the organized team activities, is first-round draft pick A.J. Hawk.

“I went through it in New Orleans; we drafted, I think, three Ohio State players three years in a row, so there’s nothing you can really do,” McCarthy said of an NFL-NCAA agreement that limits players’ availability before college graduation. “What he was able to accomplish this weekend, he’ll continue to do on his own. He just needs to graduate school, get back here in June, and we’ll be fine. We’ll accommodate him as far as what he’s missed, and we’ll be sure to catch him up to speed.”

Dylan B. Tomlinson writes for the Post-Crescent of Appleton. E-mail him at [email protected]

‘Brett’s plan’: Skip next minicamp

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: ‘Brett’s plan’: Skip next minicamp

"singersp" wrote:
    While McCarthy didn’t say so, he implied the decision was Favre’s. Last year, former coach Mike Sherman excused Favre from both minicamps. Although attendance at the next minicamp is optional, the majority of the players are expected to attend.

“Brett’s plan is that he will not participate in the next minicamp,” McCarthy said. “He will not be here.”
    Waaaay to go Brett - just follow last years routine and with luck you'll have the same results as you did then !
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

wat he should do is skip this year that way he wont add to his interceptions total and losing record
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Why get extra practice anyway, it doesn't take practice to throw interceptions.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

It is a real leader in action there. It is called leading by example

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Whoo! What a team player! He's getting to be like Bonds.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Yeah, but yet he rags on Walker for wanting more money, and not attending camp... What a fuck@r.. I can't stand that hillbilly.. Also, I live in Wisconsin, and a few guys that I work for were just bad mouthing Favre to no end.. I said so if he comes back, are you still going to talk smack about him.. They said yeah, why not.. They said he has alot of nerve talking about other players, when he has his own private shower after games.. I have never heard of that, has anyone else? If that is true, he doesn't deserve anything...

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Leading by example, he is not.

But with that said, I don't have a problem with it.

The young guys should know that they NEED to be there. They need reps and practice. Favre will get his reps, a lot of them, enough of them to be ready for the season during the July and August sessions.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Even though I hate despised Favre forever, I have always admired his leadership, passion, and toughness.

However, that is gone with me as well as a lot of Packer fans also. He is no longer the face of that franchise. That has slipped back to Bart and Vince.

Sorry Brett, you can officially toss my salad.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Last year he was working with a private trainer and excused from the teams off season program and that worked really well to the tune of 29 INT's. With Brett being so kind as to attend a few of the Packers camps and team activities maybe he will only throw 25 or 26 INT's this year.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.