Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    bono is offline Hall of Famer

Brett Lorenzo Favre...press conference...

I didn't catch it live (11 a.m. central time) b/c I was out shopping, but, thankfully, I was able to catch the replay that aired on ESPN at 6 p.m. (central time)! It was a little emotional for me; didn't cry though. He seemed so sincere when he talked about how it wasn't him who achieved so much for the Packers, but the TEAM (as a whole) who did it. He was so appreciative of Packer members past and present (i.e Bart Starr, Vince Lombardi, Mike Holmgren, Reggie White, Steve Mariucci, Ray Rhodes, etc, etc). I like how, when the one reporter from Milwaukee asked him if there was any chance of him working w/ the Packers in any shape or form, Favre responded by saying that in no way was he going to use his fame and status to make any rules in Packer nation (something about he not wanting folks to be afraid of saying "no" to Favre just b/c of who he is). He appears to be a really, really humble human being who would never lace up his shoes to play, knowing full well he wasn't mentally prepared! I like that. I like his honesty. I like the fact that he kept (and throughout his career and in the public eye) kept it real!

Here's some beautiful quotes from Favre during his press conference. Note: some parts I wasn't able to remember; notice the "..."

"I hope my legacy is a lot more than that...if I have to be remembered b/c of statistics...I really believe that I left a lot more than that and um, you know, I can't make ppl like me or say good things about me... The money that they pay us is icing on the cake and it had no bearing on the way I played. I played the game regardless...As far as the career goes...it's been wonderful.
    "There's nothing else to prove. There really isn't. There was nothing last year. I've known that. I have a lot of pride. It's more important for me to play a game a certain way than to admit that I don't have it anymore."

Your thoughts?
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: Brett Lorenzo Favre...press conference...

I'm sure I'll get some flak for saying this but...
    I really thought he seemed like a girly biatch.
    There is no crying in football.

I can understand how it would be an emotional time, so I don't really hold anything against him, just thought it was kind of sally.

you won't get any harsh words from me. you have the right to say, think and feel anyway you dare please.

PurplePowerPunch is offline Pro-Bowler

I've been wanting to say this for a long time. BYE, BYE, BRETT!!!

ALL DAY!!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Your thoughts?
    Do you really want them?
    I actually cried with him (watched the re-air).
    Laughed so hard I actually cried.
    Almost pissed myself watching him sob.

The one part I like the best was when he said I hope you all appreciated me.
    ;D

LOL
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Funniest thing I've seen in a while. What a media whore. The whole crying at retirements thing is getting pretty old in the NFL.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"bono" wrote:
    you won't get any harsh words from me. you have the right to say, think and feel anyway you dare please.
    Oh in that case, I think he came off as an arrogant ass.Accordingto him he could play a childs game longer at a very high level but he chooses not to because it is too difficult. How can playing football be too mentally stressful. He is putting himself before the team, as he's done multiple times in his career. Like last year when he couldn't give the team a decision whether or not he was coming back so they could make decisions regarding the franchise. Another example was when he rolled over and gave Strahan the sack record, that hurt the integrity of the NFL as a whole. And it's pretty easy to say it's not about the money after you've collected hundreds of million of dollars. If it's not about the money why don't you make a hundred million donation to charity? Keep 2 or 3 million for himself and family and he is set for life. What he really means to say is that he can make more by doing a few commercials and making a few appearances on talk shows, with out all that work involved in playing a childs game.

And to top it off he cried like a little baby. I mean come on it's not a funeral its your retirement(at what 40 something) get over yourself, stop believing the media hype that this is a sad day for football.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Why would you cry when you have more money than you know what to do with?

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    Why? Maybe b/c he really played the game for GAME more than the MONEY! When you feel really strong about something, no money is ever going to take your heart away from it. It's like saying if someone's parent/guardian passed away and left them with a whole lot of money...would it be crazy for that person to NOT cry over that dead person and instead, go SHOPPING (as if, hey, money can fill that deep whole in your heart)?!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"bono" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    Why? Maybe b/c he really played the game for GAME more than the MONEY! When you feel really strong about something, no money is ever going to take your heart away from it. It's like saying if someone's parent/guardian passed away and left them with a whole lot of money...would it be crazy for that person to NOT cry over that dead person and instead, go SHOPPING (as if, hey, money can fill that deep whole in your heart)?!
    Maybe because he's a crybaby bitch
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast