Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Brett Favre will retire

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "El" wrote:
    My man Garcia is closer....
    Not so sure about that.

This may mean Favre is closer to being a Viking. I mean, for a team that struggled with Ticket sales last year, bringing in Favre would be a smart move business-wise... not so sure about team-wise though.

Not really, if he retires, the Jets still have first dibs on him, if he decides to come back again, like he did with the Pack.

The Jets must RELEASE Him, in order for us to have a shot at him, and there is no need for them to release him if he is true to his word and retires this time.

I'de still love to see him play with us for a couple of years, but it looks and feels to me like he really is going to retire this time.
    Next up, Garcia....LOL
    They would be over the cap if he decides to not retire. They would have to release him.

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "El" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "El" wrote:
    Not so sure about that.

This may mean Favre is closer to being a Viking. I mean, for a team that struggled with Ticket sales last year, bringing in Favre would be a smart move business-wise... not so sure about team-wise though.
    A business smart move would be to bring a SB to Minny once and for all ,and imo with Garcia we have a much closer chance..Besides Favre is expected to retire,I don´t want an injury,slow,ex-Packer, int machine on here,If so we could sign Culpepper instead much cheaper
    I don't want him either... but you can't deny that having Favre wouldn't ignite a fire and increase ticket sales. From a purely $ standpoint, it's really not a bad idea for the team.

From a "Winning a SB" standpoint... it's an awful idea.
    I think Garcia gives us more of a chance to win a Superbowl next season, as opposed to handing the keys to Tarvaris, again.

I don't think he's our best option, but we are dealing with the chiller and co. If we bring in a young QB, who can compete I will be shocked.
    imho our best option is not Garcia,at least in mid-terms,my fav.candidate would be Derek Anderson,yep Anderson,sad part is the Browns gonna probably ask to much for him.With a legit team,Anderson has proved he can shine ,like 2007 in Cleveland and it would be a franchise Qb for years to come.

But yeh it is more likely Garcia comes and frankly I wouldn´t mind a bit ,the guy is a winner
    El underdog.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"El" wrote:
    imho our best option is not Garcia,at least in mid-terms,my fav.candidate would be Derek Anderson,yep Anderson,sad part is the Browns gonna probably ask to much for him.With a legit team,Anderson has proved he can shine ,like 2007 in Cleveland and it would be a franchise Qb for years to come.

But yeh it is more likely Garcia comes and frankly I wouldn´t mind a bit ,the guy is a winner
    You know... Anderson had a bad year, but I blame that mostly on Braylon Edwards... that guy had "Williamson-itus" last season.

I wouldn't be against Anderson either.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

"C" wrote:
    "El" wrote:

You know... Anderson had a bad year, but I blame that mostly on Braylon Edwards... that guy had "Williamson-itus" last season.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=Nfl&id=3233

The NFL "minds" say Anderson would require at least a 2 round pick,he wouldn´t come that cheap,hell I d give our first for him.With a proven OL and receivers he got a ridiculous 3.800 Yds last season...
    El underdog.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"El" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "El" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=El Vikingo link=topic=50523.msg907031#msg907031 date=1234366356]
    Not so sure about that.

A business smart move would be to bring a SB to Minny once and for all ,and imo with Garcia we have a much closer chance..Besides Favre is expected to retire,I don´t want an injury,slow,ex-Packer, int machine on here,If so we could sign Culpepper instead much cheaper
    I don't want him either... but you can't deny that having Favre wouldn't ignite a fire and increase ticket sales. From a purely $ standpoint, it's really not a bad idea for the team.

From a "Winning a SB" standpoint... it's an awful idea.
    I think Garcia gives us more of a chance to win a Superbowl next season, as opposed to handing the keys to Tarvaris, again.

I don't think he's our best option, but we are dealing with the chiller and co. If we bring in a young QB, who can compete I will be shocked.

[/quote]

My guess is we will try to sign Garcia and if he goes elsewhere we will part on some draft picks for Anderson or Cassel if Anderson goes elsewhere.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"marstc09" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "El" wrote:
    Not so sure about that.

Not really, if he retires, the Jets still have first dibs on him, if he decides to come back again, like he did with the Pack.

The Jets must RELEASE Him, in order for us to have a shot at him, and there is no need for them to release him if he is true to his word and retires this time.

I'de still love to see him play with us for a couple of years, but it looks and feels to me like he really is going to retire this time.
    Next up, Garcia....LOL
    They would be over the cap if he decides to not retire. They would have to release him.
    Ned is on point here.
    When a player retires, the team that owns his contract still has the rights to him ala Jake Plummer a couple of years ago.
    By saying he is retiring the Jets can put him on the reserved/retired list.
    This results in his numbers to not count against the salary cap while still owning his rights.
    Remember, Favre NEVER submitted his retirement papers last year.
    The Jets don't need Favre to do that in order to put him on that list, just his permission.

If Favre comes back (just like last year), the Jets will have a set time frame (1week maybe) to adjust for his cap hit or release him.
    This could be Favre's plan all along to play again with out having to deal off season workouts.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"C" wrote:
    "El" wrote:

Kinda like Tjack in 07, Williamson had a horrible case of Williamson-itus.
    oh wrong thread.
    Or maybe Andersons one good year was a result of Braylon Edwards having "Moss syndrome". The guy caught everything and usually turned it into a TD.(1289yds 16td.)

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "El" wrote:
    Not so sure about that.

Next up, Garcia....LOL
    Ned is on point here.
    When a player retires, the team that owns his contract still has the rights to him ala Jake Plummer a couple of years ago.
    By saying he is retiring the Jets can put him on the reserved/retired list.
    This results in his numbers to not count against the salary cap while still owning his rights.
    Remember, Favre NEVER submitted his retirement papers last year.
    The Jets don't need Favre to do that in order to put him on that list, just his permission.

If Favre comes back (just like last year), the Jets will have a set time frame (1week maybe) to adjust for his cap hit or release him.
    This could be Favre's plan all along to play again with out having to deal off season workouts.

Your keys words there were Favre needs to give them permission. Will he do that?

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"marstc09" wrote:
    Your keys words there were Favre needs to give them permission. Will he do that?
    To be honest with you Mars, I think you're closer to getting your wish.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    To be honest with you Mars, I think you're closer to getting your wish.
    sounds like he already has... for now.
    He could pop up on the 28th and stick it to the Jets, but I think that would be too big enough of a dick move, even for Favre.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast