Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Is Brett Favre finished?

I almost pucked when I read this: Favre's only problem is he's lost a little off his fastball, thus the interceptions! Gag me with a spoon!

Is Brett Favre finished?

Pete Prisco
    Not quite. Favre can still throw the ball with a ton of velocity and can still make all the throws. The problem is that he has lost a little off his fastball, and now those wonderful off-balance throws he once made with ease no longer get there as quickly, which causes interceptions. Favre also seems to be pressing. He takes the field every Sunday knowing that his defense isn't very good and he will have to score points to keep up. Without Javon Walker, that's tough to do. Favre can still play at a high level, even if he isn't quite the quarterback he once was. Favre might walk away from the game after this season, and it might be the right time, but don't for a second think that he still can't play. It's just a whole lot tougher to look good when the team around him isn't as good as it has been during most of his career.

Clark Judge
    No, but the Green Bay Packers are. Favre's problem is that he doesn't have playmakers, so he's trying to accomplish too much by himself. Look at last week. He didn't have Javon Walker. He didn't have Bubba Franks. And Ahman Green hasn't been himself since the middle of last year. So Favre takes more chances than usual and winds up suffering the consequences -- in this case with three interceptions. I watched the guy try to rally his team against Cleveland, and there was nothing wrong with him. He made plenty of plays. There is, however, something wrong with the Packers' defense and their offensive line. But Favre? The guy's the primary reason the Packers remain competitive

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

SamDawg84 Guest

Re: Is Brett Favre finished?

id hate to say it but he isnt i bet.....

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Lincoln Kenedey thinks that he has one to two years left in him. He thinks unless he comes back and has a stellar rest of the season, his teamates will lose that belief in him. If he doesn't retire, he will be excorted out.

My thought:
    I don't think that he has lost the fastball, he just takes to many risks. If he would not take so many risks, he could play for 4 or 5 years more. Throwing it into triple coverage and getting it picked off is a lack of sanity, not a lack of arm strength.

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    I almost pucked when I read this: Favre's only problem is he's lost a little off his fastball, thus the interceptions! Gag me with a spoon!

Is Brett Favre finished?

Pete Prisco
    Not quite. Favre can still throw the ball with a ton of velocity and can still make all the throws. The problem is that he has lost a little off his fastball, and now those wonderful off-balance throws he once made with ease no longer get there as quickly, which causes interceptions. Favre also seems to be pressing. He takes the field every Sunday knowing that his defense isn't very good and he will have to score points to keep up. Without Javon Walker, that's tough to do. Favre can still play at a high level, even if he isn't quite the quarterback he once was. Favre might walk away from the game after this season, and it might be the right time, but don't for a second think that he still can't play. It's just a whole lot tougher to look good when the team around him isn't as good as it has been during most of his career.

Clark Judge
    No, but the Green Bay Packers are. Favre's problem is that he doesn't have playmakers, so he's trying to accomplish too much by himself. Look at last week. He didn't have Javon Walker. He didn't have Bubba Franks. And Ahman Green hasn't been himself since the middle of last year. So Favre takes more chances than usual and winds up suffering the consequences -- in this case with three interceptions. I watched the guy try to rally his team against Cleveland, and there was nothing wrong with him. He made plenty of plays. There is, however, something wrong with the Packers' defense and their offensive line. But Favre? The guy's the primary reason the Packers remain competitive

:bs:
    That's all I gotta say about that

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

farve isnt done yet. just because his team loses 3 in a row to some really bad teams doesnt mean his career is over. chad pennington's career is more over than farve's is.
    We're bringing purple back.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I hope he's washed up, but continues to play. The worse he gets the easier it is for us to win!

NeumDog is offline Tailgate Bitch

The guy should have retired after last season. He said he came back to win another championship. It's not gonna happen.

He's been through alot of stuff, and he's not the QB he once was. Packer fans need to realize this. We respect him, but we still hate him!!!

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

According to Marino (and Costas I believe) they should keep Favre in there should the Packers have a record of 2-8.. only Collingsworth thought it would be a good idea to play the rookie if the Packers season is basically done. But I agree with Dan The Man, let Brett stay in there and let them blindly assume he's the player he used to be, even if it isn't helping the team any, which would be the whole point. :twisted:

Marshall is offline Waterboy

Brett Favre will never be finished, he is like mother nature, he was here when we got here and he'll be here when we leave.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

"Marshall" wrote:
    Brett Favre will never be finished, he is like mother nature, he was here when we got here and he'll be here when we leave.
    I take it you are very, very young, Marshall?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast