Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Brett Farve to the Panthers

    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Someone-tried-to-start-a-8216-Brett-Favre-to-t?urn=nfl-wp610
    Let me check the calendar here. Late March? Yeah, that seems about right for a Brett Favre(notes) comeback rumor. With the league and players conspiring to take away anything else that might be fun or interesting, honestly, I'm surprised it's taken this long.
    Here it is, though. Charley Walters, a columnist for the St. Paul Pioneer Press, worked this into a column over the weekend:
    Don't discount the possibility of Brett Favre, who turns 42 in October, returning next season, but not with the Vikings. Maybe Carolina.

  2. #2
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Brett Farve to the Panthers

    Favre came to the Vikings so he had a shot at a ring and could stick it to the Packers. No way in hell he goes to a team like the Panthers. He had it rough enough this season here, he'd get killed in Carolina.

  3. #3
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Brett Farve to the Panthers

    I agree but isn't it refreshing to have some new Brett Farve-coming-out-of-retirement talk? :S

  4. #4
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,278

    Re: Brett Farve to the Panthers

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1092668
    I agree but isn't it refreshing to have some new Brett Farve-coming-out-of-retirement talk? :S
    I don't think I'd call it refreshing. :sick:

    Still this is only the beginning. I predict the rumors get louder as the season approaches. I would bet Brett fuels the fire at some point.
    And honestly, I still think it's possible he does come back again, or goes to a new team.
    He says he doesn't regret coming back, and next season couldn't possibly be any worse than last season.

  5. #5
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,869

    Re: Brett Farve to the Panthers

    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1092670
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1092668
    I agree but isn't it refreshing to have some new Brett Farve-coming-out-of-retirement talk? :S
    I don't think I'd call it refreshing. :sick:

    Still this is only the beginning. I predict the rumors get louder as the season approaches. I would bet Brett fuels the fire at some point.
    And honestly, I still think it's possible he does come back again, or goes to a new team.
    He says he doesn't regret coming back, and next season couldn't possibly be any worse than last season.
    Retirement is boring. Just like a punch drunk boxer, one can never get hit alongside the head enough.

    If they pay, I will come. I think I've still got it.

  6. #6
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Brett Farve to the Panthers

    I would be beyond shocked if Favre returns to play for the Panthers.

  7. #7
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,771

    Re: Brett Farve to the Panthers

    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1092678
    I would be beyond shocked if Favre returns to play for the Panthers.
    It might not be [strike]so hard[/strike] difficult to believe if we could see what the Panther massage therapists and female reporters look like :whistle:

  8. #8
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Brett Farve to the Panthers

    Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1092683
    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1092678
    I would be beyond shocked if Favre returns to play for the Panthers.
    It might not be [strike]so hard[/strike] difficult to believe if we could see what the Panther massage therapists and female reporters look like :whistle:
    And whether his contract would include unlimited text messages.

  9. #9
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,771

    Re: Brett Farve to the Panthers

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1092684
    Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1092683
    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1092678
    I would be beyond shocked if Favre returns to play for the Panthers.
    It might not be [strike]so hard[/strike] difficult to believe if we could see what the Panther massage therapists and female reporters look like :whistle:
    And whether his contract would include unlimited text messages.
    Panthers used to have a stadium naming deal with Ericsson they might be able to get a deal done with Favre as a spokesperson

  10. #10
    Culpepper_4717's Avatar
    Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    595

    Re: Brett Farve to the Panthers


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Rumor: Brett Farve Calls Press Confernce for 4PM
    By kevoncox in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-23-2010, 07:31 PM
  2. Vikings Already Inquire About Brett Farve
    By Tom2Bucs in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-12-2008, 03:32 AM
  3. Brett Favre Foils Al-Qaeda Plot to Bomb Brett Favre
    By Prophet in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-11-2007, 08:03 AM
  4. Just in, Childress talks to Brett Farve........
    By NordicNed in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 01-24-2006, 09:44 AM
  5. Brett Farve.. not the smartest man alive
    By Mr. Purple in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 07-05-2005, 07:27 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •