Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Husky is offline Waterboy

Brees holds the cards

Where do you guys think Drew Brees will be next year?

I really like what he has done this year. He has really made himself marketable since the Chargers pretty much gave up on him in the offseason.

I could see him going to Miami, Washington, San Fran, or if McNair retires after this year maybe Tennessee will have a look at him.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Brees holds the cards

The Chargers will go 12-4 this year, and probably win a first round playoff game. I could see them being the #4 seed, and playing the Jets in the first round.

Then, they get rid of Brees, put Rivers in, and go 5-11.

Washington always spends a lot in the off season, so I'll guess that's where he'll go.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Brees holds the cards

from what he did last year to this is unbelievable. did flutie rub off on him? he kinda fits that mold doesnt he? well, he could be big on draft day....depending on how the chargers finish. miami definitely should look at some QB's, volek hasnt been too bad has he? skins might try another year with ramsey. rattay is still iffy but has good skills. what about oakland? or az?

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

Brees holds the cards

Dallas is possibility as well.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Brees holds the cards

I think Dallas or the Chargers as crazy as it sounds.

The Chargers might just eat the money they paid Rivers. It takes a big man to say they made a mistake but I think they have to suck it up and keep Breese. Also it is totally cool to groom a QB. It just is a matter of if they can fit their team under the CAP.

Volek in TN is a good QB. He has done well in all games he has palyed in except the one that we got to see him play in, the Vikes Game.

Definitely agree that Wash and Mia could use a QB. I think SF and TN stick with the guys they have. I like Rattay and Volek. Rattay has played well this year, he has been struggling through an arm injury for the last 4-5 weeks.

QB's overall have stepped up this year. Palmer, man he has had 2 awesome games back to back. Rothlesberger, Palmer, Breese, Griese, Gerard, Warner, what a surprise this year. AZ and Mia and Wash and Clev and Chi have problems. You might be able to add N.O. and the G-men to that list.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Brees holds the cards

He definitely will have alot of choices...maybe the Chargers should keep him and deal Rivers...some team that has a lower draft choice but wants an upgrade at QB would probably give up some players and/or draft choices to the Chargers to get him (plus he is already under contract, so no holdout this year).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Brees holds the cards

I thought that I heard that the Chargers plan on franchising him and keeping Rivers too. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I thought. I don't see how you can let him go with the year he is having. Hell if he played that well for quite some time could you imagine that chargers team with Brees, LT, Gates and a pretty good d. They just need to add a solid #1 WR. Scary, but s*it happens.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Brees holds the cards

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I thought that I heard that the Chargers plan on franchising him and keeping Rivers too. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I thought. I don't see how you can let him go with the year he is having. Hell if he played that well for quite some time could you imagine that chargers team with Brees, LT, Gates and a pretty good d. They just need to add a solid #1 WR. Scary, but s*it happens.
    McCardell is a solid WR. If they can keep him. I don't remember if they signed him multi-years or just for the season. ??????? Caldwell was having a heck of a year and then got a season ending injury. That is why they went after McCardell so hard and got him.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Brees holds the cards

They will not get nothing for him. At the very worst they should tag him and then trade him. Personally I would trade rivers to Miami or someone. That way they can have two top 10 picks and one mid-late 1st round pick.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Husky is offline Waterboy

Brees holds the cards

Miami does seem to be the most likely place for Brees. I didnt think of Dallas, I could see them bringing him in as Parcells seems to be very frustrated with the team qb situation.

I doubt the Chargers would deal Rivers I think with that contract they are committed to him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast