Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Breaking Vince Young news...

The Dallas Morning news is saying Texas' quarterback Vince Young is going to declare himself eligible for the NFL Draft...

Vince Young to turn pro?
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Breaking Vince Young news...

http://www.purplepride.org/vikes/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=17682

:razz:

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

In case anyone didn't know.. Vince Young is going into the draft.. nuk nuk nuk nuk.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

POSTED 9:40 a.m. EST, January 10, 2006
    RUMORS FLY OF CARR-FOR-RICKY TRADE

On Monday, we surmised that the Texans have floated the notion that they intend to select USC tailback Reggie Bush with the No. 1 pick in the draft in order to avoid criticism from the Longhorns lovers that the lure of playing for his hometown Texans prompted Texas quarterback Vince Young to skip his senior season. (A reader also raised with us another solid possibility -- that the report was a trial balloon aimed at determining what the local reaction would be to not taking Young -- and we're told that the local reaction was decidedly negative.)

But the Bush report also might have been intended to throw potential focus off of rumors that are now emerging -- and these are rumors only -- of a looming trade between the Texans and Dolphins.

Under the deal, as we've heard it, the Texans would send quarterback David Carr to Miami for running back Ricky Williams (a former Longhorn) and a third-round draft pick.

Williams is under contract through 2007. Carr is due to receive an $8 million option bonus in February, which would extend his contract through 2008.

Again, these are rumors only -- and we're not suggesting that this trade will go down. But if it should happen it clears the way for the Texans to select Young.

Stay tuned.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    http://www.purplepride.org/vikes/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=17682

:razz:
    ultra, i'm going to PM you a bunch of pics that would be perfect for sutuations like these...

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

carr for williams would be an assinine trade... texans have dom. davis in place and carr is a decent QB...they need to get Olinemen worth a lick and a defense and they are playoff bound.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

so now he is going into the draft? wicked
    We're bringing purple back.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"mnjamie" wrote:
    POSTED 9:40 a.m. EST, January 10, 2006
    RUMORS FLY OF CARR-FOR-RICKY TRADE

On Monday, we surmised that the Texans have floated the notion that they intend to select USC tailback Reggie Bush with the No. 1 pick in the draft in order to avoid criticism from the Longhorns lovers that the lure of playing for his hometown Texans prompted Texas quarterback Vince Young to skip his senior season. (A reader also raised with us another solid possibility -- that the report was a trial balloon aimed at determining what the local reaction would be to not taking Young -- and we're told that the local reaction was decidedly negative.)

But the Bush report also might have been intended to throw potential focus off of rumors that are now emerging -- and these are rumors only -- of a looming trade between the Texans and Dolphins.

Under the deal, as we've heard it, the Texans would send quarterback David Carr to Miami for running back Ricky Williams (a former Longhorn) and a third-round draft pick.

Williams is under contract through 2007. Carr is due to receive an $8 million option bonus in February, which would extend his contract through 2008.

Again, these are rumors only -- and we're not suggesting that this trade will go down. But if it should happen it clears the way for the Texans to select Young.

Stay tuned.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
    I never envisioned the trade, but it totally makes sense.

I said that Houston wants Young. I could totally see this happening. I don't know if it would help them win, but I could totally see this happening. I am telling you it is a different ballgame in TX. Look at the Roster of the Astros, a bunch of local boys. It is a matter of pride and what-not.

Texans would love to avoid Carr's 8 mil signing bonus, Mia would like a QB to run the show. They might even do the trade straight up. Problem I see is that when Young hits his stride, Rickey will be about done in the league.

Oh well, let's see how this plays out.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"gregair13" wrote:
    so now he is going into the draft? wicked
    All on your own, huh?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5234752

This guy says that the Texans drafting Young would be foolish and way too risky...I tend to agree!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast