Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 34 of 34
  1. #31
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Breaking Down the NFC North: 2007

    "V" wrote:
    If we see progress I will be happy. That means 7-9 or better with answers at DE, WR, RB, QB, and OL. Then we will truly be a couple of FA's away from being a contender.
    I am holding you to that statement.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #32
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Breaking Down the NFC North: 2007

    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Thank goodness I missed th bul of this thread.

    As I alluded to earlier and alot of people will disagree with me on this, but, I honestly believe that the offense our team ran last year was not what the Chiller envisioned when he first looked at the roster. In fact I think he realized that he had grossly miss judged the talent and wound adjusting to and running what he thought he could with the talent he had on the field.


    Unfortunately for us, that didn't work out to well.
    Come on Marr. If you believe that Childress has any brains at all, you can't possibly believe that. Childress was more rigid with his scheme than a guy getting a lap dance. He isntead changed players (Johnson, Bollinger, Williamson, Taylor, Robinson, Johnson etc.) who he hoped (using no reasoning at all I might add) would perform better even though they were far less talented. He didn't like our best pass catcher because he was "the wrong type of TE."

    Childress could have run a heavy running game with short passes to our TE. It would not have gotten us far, but he could have done that. If last year is how Childress maximizes talent, he will never get us anywhere, no matter how much talent he brings in.
    That's why it's a make or break year in my estimation for the Chiller. He has the players that he wants in his system. The pass catching TE, the two solid backs, the unproven WCO receiving corps a la the Eagles, the big armed mobile QB, the strong offensive line (at least half of it)... If he continues to move players around this year in his scheme then we know what may need to go... Childress.
    I agree with you to a point PPE, however, I think were the extra year (before he gets on the hot seat) comes from, for me at least, is that alot of the talent this staff now has is pretty young.


    Sure they will get better this year, but I don't think we will really see thier full potential as a team for at least one more year especially when it comes to the questions we still have on the right side of the OL.

    Throw in one more good draft next year and a few more quality "Young" free agents and we will have a team that contend for quite a few years.
    Why would we get rid of the coach at year 2 in this program just so we can start over.
    No one is expecting to see their full potential, just some flashes of good play and improvement over last year. If you choose to go the route that Childress did, building through young talent, then it is imperative that the young players develop into solid guys if you want to keep your job.

    If those players do not pan out, then we are back at square one, new coach or not.

    If we see progress I will be happy. That means 7-9 or better with answers at DE, WR, RB, QB, and OL. Then we will truly be a couple of FA's away from being a contender.
    Nice post V.

    A couple of FA's to fix any holes and then we can start drafting for depth/future stars that can develop on the bench unlike the kids from the last two drafts who are thrown to the wolves early.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #33
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Breaking Down the NFC North: 2007

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    If we see progress I will be happy. That means 7-9 or better with answers at DE, WR, RB, QB, and OL. Then we will truly be a couple of FA's away from being a contender.
    I am holding you to that statement.
    Good, Please do.

    To elaborate, the couple of FA's I had in mind were a TE and a real solid backup OL.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  4. #34
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: Breaking Down the NFC North: 2007

    I was saying moreso that the fans are going to be angry at Childress and that will force him into the hotseat rather than Wilf putting his job in Jeopardy. I too will be happy if we see some improvement at the very least. i'm looking for 7 plus in the win category.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Similar Threads

  1. Breaking Down the NFC North for the 2008-2009 Season
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-29-2008, 04:32 PM
  2. NFC North progress report: A look back at the 2007 draft
    By AngloVike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-16-2008, 07:17 PM
  3. breaking news
    By sheepdog in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-04-2008, 10:12 PM
  4. NFC North preview - Breaking Down the NFC North
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-03-2007, 10:22 AM
  5. Breaking down the NFC North
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-18-2006, 07:25 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •