Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Breaking Down the NFC North: 2007

[size=13pt]Breaking Down the NFC North: 2007[/size]

By Chris Pokorny, PFCritics Writer August 13, 2007
    pfcritics.com

The NFC North was represented in the Super Bowl last year, as Rex Grossman and the Chicago Bears fell to the Indianapolis Colts.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Breaking Down the NFC North: 2007

It makes me reminisce of the days when the NFCC was feared in the league.
    Those days will come again.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

We will not have the "Worst passing attack in History", that is a load of pooh. He didn't even mention T-Will, or our new TE Shiancoe. Bad break-down dude. Do some research before you write some crap like that again.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

The team is riding their entire season on quarterback Tarvaris Jackson, a player that has not shown any offensive spark whatsoever.
    This organization is putting much more than one season on this kids shoulders.

I for one think he is the future and althought it will be a bit rocky this year, the rewards for the experience he gets, right along with the rest of the young guys (everyone are so easily discounting as nobody), will be huge as the season and the future progress.

The future is bright and will continue to get brighter as these guys mature together.

Reminds me of a couple of other teams that started over........

1989 1 15
    1990 7 9
    1991 11 5 Won Wild Card Playoffs (Bears) 17-13 - Lost Divisional Playoffs (Lions) 38-6
    1992 13 3 Won Divisional Playoffs (Eagles) 34-10 - Won Conference Championship (49ers) 30-20
    Won Super Bowl XXVII (Bills) 52-17

1978 2 14

1979 2 14

1980 6 10

1981 13 3
    Won Divisional Playoffs (Giants) 38-24 - Won Conference Championship (Cowboys) 28-27 -
    Won Super Bowl XVI (Bengals) 26-21

Bet those teams fans aren't bitching the way they were when thier owners took over and cleaned house by firing coaches, hiring no name coaches and starting over through the draft instead of going out and getting "Proven" aging "Big Name" free agents to turn thing around.

;D

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    The team is riding their entire season on quarterback Tarvaris Jackson, a player that has not shown any offensive spark whatsoever.

I for one think he is the future and althought it will be a bit rocky this year, the rewards for the experience he gets, right along with the rest of the young guys (everyone are so easily discounting as nobody), will be huge as the season and the future progress.

The future is bright and will continue to get brighter as these guys mature together.

1989 1 15
    1990 7 9
    1991 11 5 Won Wild Card Playoffs (Bears) 17-13 - Lost Divisional Playoffs (Lions) 38-6
    1992 13 3 Won Divisional Playoffs (Eagles) 34-10 - Won Conference Championship (49ers) 30-20

1978 2 14

1979 2 14

1980 6 10

1981 13 3
    Won Divisional Playoffs (Giants) 38-24 - Won Conference Championship (Cowboys) 28-27 -

Bet those teams fans aren't bitching the way they were when thier owners took over and cleaned house by firing coaches, hiring no name coaches and starting over through the draft instead of going out and getting "Proven" aging "Big Name" free agents to turn thing around.

;D

Great post, way to step back and take a look at the big picture.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

1989 1 15
    1990 7 9

1978 2 14

1979 2 14

1980 6 10

1981 13 3

;D

Oh, but TRUST ME...the Cowturd fans were most certainly bitching during the first three seasons that you mentioned in the first example.
    I lived in Dallass throught those three years...and you NEVER heard so much whining from fair-weather fans in all your life. LUCKILY, I escaped before they won the Super Bowl...I don't think that I could have stood all of the bluster and bragging from those Cowturd fans.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleTide" wrote:

We will not have the "Worst passing attack in History", that is a load of pooh. He didn't even mention T-Will, or our new TE Shiancoe. Bad break-down dude. Do some research before you write some crap like that again.
    Yeah...that turdburglar doesn't know what the eff he is talking about.
    There is a reason that his last name is pronounced "Poke Korny"...it's because he's actually Kornholer's butt buddy!

It's guys like him that will make it all the sweeter when TJack gets a firm grasp of the offense...and the WRs step up and make the tough catches...freeing up our great RB tandem to break long runs and move the chains.
    Of course, once we get the lead, our defense will clamp down and preserve those leads for wins.
    What will all the naysayers say when the Vikings are in the playoffs next year?
    Not much...they can all eat shit!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro:
    You forgot the 2000 Eagles. Another team that rebuilt and did well -- with Chilly as the asst. coach, I might add.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I'm sure Vikings fans do not want to hear this, but everyone else believes it: Minnesota is going no where this year
    Fine, you and your sorry ass mates believe that. We'll just keep our own counsel and let the team do their talking on the field.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

I mean, really, aren't the Vikings one of the hardest teams in pro sports to be a fan of...?
    Time and Time again its looked like we've got a legit shot at winning it all, and every time, its ended somewhat ugly...D'oh!!
    ???

Yet, here we all are, BLEEDING PURPLE year in, year out, whatever the results!!

"Worst in History?"
    Really?
    I guess nobody else thinks our OLINE had anything to do with last year...AND/OR, hasn't improved at all with a year in the system.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast