BleedinPandG is offline Coach

Braylon Heads to Broadway

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...d-to-broadway/

We were talking about this in chat Monday night... about who needed a WR and I mentioned the Jets (or Dolphins).
    Interesting... this should help their offense some and their D is good but someone with his personality in NY?
    Watch out!

Btw... I'm amazed I didn't see any "we should get him!" posts lately for WRs... are we finally satisfied with our receiving group?
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Braylon Heads to Broadway

"BleedinPandG" wrote:

We were talking about this in chat Monday night... about who needed a WR and I mentioned the Jets (or Dolphins).
    Interesting... this should help their offense some and their D is good but someone with his personality in NY?
    Watch out!

Btw... I'm amazed I didn't see any "we should get him!" posts lately for WRs... are we finally satisfied with our receiving group?
    I am happy with our group of WRs.
    I like Berrian stretching the field, Rice's body and hand control and Harvin's explosiveness (who can also stretch the field).
    Then there is Reynaud and Jaymar.
    We may be lacking a true #1 but imo sometimes that is a good thing.
    You get guys with a better character not always expecting the ball be thrown their way 20 times a game.

Regarding Braylon going to the Jets t doesn't phase me one way or the other.
    I think Edwards is a good WR with a lot of talent but he is inconsistent.
    I like what the Vikings have right now.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"BleedinPandG" wrote:

Watch out!

According to Schefter - traded for Chansi Stuckey (WR), Jason Trusnik (LB) and two picks thought to be a 3rd and 5th-round pick.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"VikingMike" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:

Watch out!

According to Schefter - traded for Chansi Stuckey (WR), Jason Trusnik (LB) and two picks thought to be a 3rd and 5th-round pick.
    Seems like the Jets got the better end of that deal... I mean, he hasn't lit it up like Megatron but he hasn't sucked (for a what..3rd overall pick?)

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Mangini's trying to get his entire NY Jets team on the Browns, it appears. He once again traded with the Jets and he once again included some no-name players into the trade who he was developping when coaching the Jets. We'll see how that'll work out. (Given, Stuckey's not that much of a no name, but he's nothing more than a developmental receiver, either). I thought that the draft picks would be something like a 4th and 6th, so I'm not that far off.

Anyway, good trade for both sides. Edwards needed to start over somewhere else. Maybe get some better coaching. Mangini gets some of his players back and gets rid of a failing receiver.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

I wouldve rather seen the bears trade hester for him do they won't have that fast WR to kill our slow corners. Heter has a TD in each of our games, not cause he is good, just cause he is fast. Maybe tyrell will catch him since he is fast too, I just dislike hester.